Mission: Our North Star is to make online advertising easy, effective, and enjoyable across platforms.
Easy: Automating all manual work for our customers.
Effective: Constantly improving the performance of online advertising for our ...
I have been working at Smartly.io full-time (Less than a year)
-Amazing culture where you have ability to prove your skills, learn every day and become better each day!
- There is a lot of flexibility and if you respect the company's culture you are going to succeed very quickly
- For every question there is support from the team and they are all very friendly, helpful and smart
-A massive opportunities to grow
-Management is very approachable and it is non-hierarhical work environment
- Company is constantly growing and hiring new talents and the future of the company looks very promising
- This is not a place for someone who cannot manage the time and tasks autonomusly
- Recruitment takes a lot of preparation, time and energy but it's worth on the end! Also, during the process you have a chance to meet many people in the company and decide if you will be a good fit to Smartly's culture. During the recruitment process you learn many things about the company and when you start with the job you are already well prepared.
Advice to Management
Keep the great culture and keep the ball rolling!
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Smartly.io (Helsinki, Southern Finland (Finland)).
Was referred by a colleague to the company.
Multi-step application process, starts with a homework case study, then several informational interviews and a sales demo, all of which I completed remotely with the interviews via Skype. Bit on the long side, but seems the company is set on improving and streamlining the process and was open to feedback after.
Was definitely a challenging process as I didn't have previous background with the Facebook platform, which isn't a problem as the recruitment process is sort of designed to see how quickly you can teach yourself or learn the relevant concepts. The tone is definitely typical casual Startup feel, but they are serious about how well you perform the steps and explain what you know and they provide feedback at each step.
Would say in general they expect a higher level of technical competency than similar companies for their business side applicants, but makes sense with the specific business.
Now out on the tech blog: Riku Laukkanen explains how our engineering team created a video templating system capable of rendering millions of automatically generated videos with ease.
Did you know that our 24/5 support chat is run by everyone at Smartly.io? Check out the video and see what it looks like in the support room, also dubbed the heart and soul of our company.