Mission: To be our customers' first choice for up to the minute beauty and health, loved for value, choice, friendly advice, service and fun.
I worked at Superdrug part-time (More than a year)
- Good job for young people
- Lots of overtime
- Low hourly rate
- Every store is very hot and air conditioning never works
- Get searched every time you leave work to show you haven't stolen anything. It's a shame they don't trust the staff but I do understand why they do it as items go missing.
Advice to Management
- Make hourly rate higher
VERY FAST PROCESS. Very easy interview. The successful candidates likely don't realise how hard it is to get a similar role - far more rigorous testing and experience required.
1) Applied online
2) Video interview
3) Assessment (half) day - group task, individual interview, maths test, presentation.
4) Successful candidates contacted 1.5 days later.
1) Very simple
2) 5 questions
3) Very fun. Honestly I must say this has been one of the best companies I have dealt with in the UK. The department staff were lovely and realistic - they didn't ask stupid questions and recognised some of the maths test was actually quite demanding considering the role.
The HR person seemed a bit....unkind? The way she spoke about rejected candidates, how she was proud and found it hilarious when people gave poor answers and she rejected them - actually laughing out loud about it. I would be shocked if she didn't lie about candidates behaviour to the department staff simply because she didn't like them for whatever reason despite never having to speak with them once they started working there. She did not present the company well in person.
This was a job I was genuinely sad I didn't get. I wish the chosen candidates the best of luck as it seemed like a wonderful environment and very supportive team.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –