I have been working at Synthace full-time (More than a year)
- A unique and strong vision for how digital technology is going to transform biology.
- A very strong market pull for the Synthace platform from some of the most innovative parts of the biotechnology industry; the software solves real-world issues (some of which are really pressing things in society like, ‘can our software make this curative cancer therapy affordable so more patients can afford to be treated’). Synthace isn’t just a solution looking for a problem, but really is a great example of a technology push coming up to meet a market pull.
- A friendly, inclusive, transparent and welcoming culture.
- Strong scientific expertise and a software engineering team that is now growing rapidly and attracting a stellar quality of engineer (like seriously top).
- Lots of autonomy.
- A fantastic new office in White City (quickly becoming ‘the’ London Biotech Hub) with snacks and drinks etc.
- Quality investors who have just funded the B-round, the company has a great trajectory and is very stable vs a lot of other ‘tech’ companies.
- Over the last few months, the company has done a lot of growing up with some fantastic senior/executive hires really helping to support the next stage of the company’s growth.
- There is a lot of complex technical problems to be solved, the software/product team needed some love and attention (which they are now getting).
- Can sometimes be slow and inefficient compared to larger high-performance companies– again we are a start-up going into scale-up, so this is improving as we begin to put more process in place.
- Lack of industry recognised L&D opportunities. As the company now enters a scale-up stage of growth, it’s important to continue to upskill the wider team to meet the challenges of the next stages of expansion.
Advice to Management
Keep the hiring bar high and let’s keep improving. If we improve (both our people/culture/processes; and our product) as quickly as we have done over this past 9-months, our strong positive trajectory will continue. Now we have the B-round funding let’s ensure we get those foundations set in stone.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –