I have been working at Thames Water full-time (More than 3 years)
- The people are great
- Lots of opportunity for progression
- Massive focus on health, safety and wellbeing - including mental health
- Fair pay package
- Benefits on tap - lots of discounts
- Good engagement with staff, lots of chances to meet and talk to senior management
- Non- performance based bonuses for middle managers down
- Location can be very Reading centric, you feel pressure to work there to get ahead
- Work/Life balance struggles in some departments
- Lots of contractors and consultants
Advice to Management
- Keep up the engagement with lower level staff
- Recruit in house before moving to external recruitment
- Ensure pay is on level
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thames Water (Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England) in March 2018.
The interview process as a whole was very relaxed and the firm made you feel quite welcome. It was organised quite well but waiting times between tasks for assessment centre and interview often left fairly large waiting time, if there was more of a waiting room this would have been better. Assessment centre included a group task, interview and a 10- minute pre-prepared presentation on how we would conduct and lead a change project. Interview and group task took approximately 30-40 minutes each.
As we count down to the New Year, we are already feeling excited about what's to come in 2016 at Thames Water. Looking for a change in career? Come and join our family (and the excitement!) We are recruiting now!
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –