Mission: To support our vision of a more integrated society, we design and deliver programmes that bring different people together to develop their confidence and skills in understanding and connecting with others.
Through our programmes we bring thousands of people ...
I worked at The Challenge full-time (More than 3 years)
- A committed and mission-driven workforce.
- A charity which is ambitious about the change it can achieve and enterprising in its pursuit of opportunities for growth.
- An organisation which is very good at identifying and developing talent, and is most often genuinely meritocratic.
- A fun and friendly workplace atmosphere, reflecting a real sense of organisational character.
- An important mission, with a CEO who puts achieving missional impact first.
- Arguably overshot the mark in recent years in seeking to ensure that the senior leadership team possessed the experience required to run an organisation of this size as well as passion for and understanding of its mission. The extent to which this is true tends to be overstated by a young and inexperienced workforce, but upcoming senior staff changes will nonetheless offer an opportunity to make a slight course correct and strike the right balance in this regard.
- Whilst The Challenge is for the most part genuinely very loyal to and supportive of its employees, it also has blind spots. This is doubtless true of all organisations, but particularly given the organisation's ethos it has been dissapointing to watch it toss aside or marginalise some of its most promising and committed emerging leaders seemingly as a result of personality clashes. These incidents were few and far between, but speak to the importance of recruiting a senior leadership team which values a diverse range of opinions, perspectives and skillsets (as the CEO undoubtedly does.)
I applied online. I interviewed at The Challenge (London, England) in April 2014.
Intervie and presention or a group 5
Tasks depending if you are going for a perminate or tempary role so check. If its a twmport role is 4 hours long so be prepared. There are lots of activities to do there and you arw always been watched.