Mission: Money without borders - instant, convenient, transparent and eventually free. We’re powering money for people and businesses in their increasingly global lives - to pay, to get paid, to spend, in any currency, wherever you are, whatever you’re doing.
I have been working at TransferWise full-time (More than a year)
* Amazing working environment. TransferWise has by far the best corporate culture you'll ever find.
* Great mission and great attention to customer.
* Just such a great working environment. Super nice people everywhere
* Business is going great and sky rocketing
* Company going through some growing pains
* Autonomous teams do more harm than good
* TONS of engineering dept. Actually makes the company very, very slow at moving. Lots of outages all the time.
Advice to Management
Fix your engineering team.
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TransferWise (London, England) in August 2015.
Briefly described my experience and had an OO task on a whiteboard. After that had a chat about software development and company practices. Everything was very nice, had a chance to discuss functional programming and discuss company culture. Overall a very good experience. The only bad thing is that I needed to wait for another couple of weeks for results.
After a billion pound beta, we’re opening the TransferWise debit card to the public. Read more from our co-founder & CEO, Kristo Käärmann, on what the launch of our free borderless account means for people and businesses worldwide http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQWfs
We’re delighted to have been named one of the ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’ by Fast Company for ‘erasing borders by letting customers hold and transfer up to 28 currencies fee-free’. View the full 2018 list here: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQNXb