Mission: Our mission is to make business more human. We’re on the lookout for motivated, curious, and creative people who are super excited about transforming the way businesses use video to communicate. Whether you’re a designer, engineer, or sales rep, we know that ...
I worked at Wistia full-time
All pros (and cons) are based on my working and learning style. I was at Wistia a long time; I grew up there. I was supported in solving difficult problems and creating value for customers, even when I failed. Can't ask for more than that.
- amazing people you can connect with and be yourself around
- dynamic, multi-talented team
- wonderful, enthusiastic customers
- high quality output culture
- opportunities for growth and challenging projects
- still improving on communications (work in progress)
- voice of few unsatisfied folks overrules silent majority, can sidetrack team and create unnecessary drama
- unclear decision making process (also work in progress)
Advice to Management
Continue ruthlessly focusing on the things that create value for the customers, get the team rallied around those things. Make success extremely clear, and hold people accountable for high standards. Be consistent and patient around the things that matter.
I applied online. I interviewed at Wistia in January 2017.
Wistia is a self-funded organization. The interview was as expected - they are much more interested in getting the right fit to their team than in hiring on a deadline. Therefore, we had an extensive and open discussion regarding my background, their needs, etc. I expect that an invitation to continue the process will come when it comes, which is fine with me. If I were up tight about timing, I'd not be a fit!
We're hiring! A lot. Find open positions, fun videos, and even a drum machine we made out of our faces at http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQW9p.