Mission: Our mission is to make business more human. We’re on the lookout for motivated, curious, and creative people who are super excited about transforming the way businesses use video to communicate. Whether you’re a designer, engineer, or sales rep, we know that ...
I worked at Wistia full-time
All pros (and cons) are based on my working and learning style. I was at Wistia a long time; I grew up there. I was supported in solving difficult problems and creating value for customers, even when I failed. Can't ask for more than that.
- amazing people you can connect with and be yourself around
- dynamic, multi-talented team
- wonderful, enthusiastic customers
- high quality output culture
- opportunities for growth and challenging projects
- still improving on communications (work in progress)
- voice of few unsatisfied folks overrules silent majority, can sidetrack team and create unnecessary drama
- unclear decision making process (also work in progress)
Advice to Management
Continue ruthlessly focusing on the things that create value for the customers, get the team rallied around those things. Make success extremely clear, and hold people accountable for high standards. Be consistent and patient around the things that matter.
I applied online. I interviewed at Wistia (Cambridge, MA (US)) in May 2017.
There was a brief phone interview followed up by a two hour onsite interview. This was with four people, including a direct report to the role and the hiring manager. I'm told the next stage would be an interview with senior leadership.
We're hiring! A lot. Find open positions, fun videos, and even a drum machine we made out of our faces at http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQW9p.