Mission: To become a trusted partner for businesses around the world, to help them build exceptional digital products using cutting-edge technologies.
✉️ | We are hugely proud to have been shortlisted for the Digital Agency of the Year award at the Digital Entrepreneur Awards 2017!
Check out our latest opportunities and you could be part of our award winning team! #bethehedgehog
✉️ | Our CEO Sarat Pediredla has been nominated Scale Up Entrepreneur of the Year at the 2017 Natwest Great British Entrepreneur Awards. Well done to Sarat and the team! #bethehedgehog
hedgehog lab is a global technology consultancy which focuses on assisting brands and enterprises in achieving their business goals using emerging technologies.
With a global presence of 6 offices in Newcastle Upon Tyne, London, Boston, and India, we’ve built outstanding software and solutions for brands for over a decade.
Our experience in technology, design and product development allows us to build great products. We back this up with exceptional innovation and R&D credentials, helping brands to scale digital solutions and understand where their market is headed.
Our team work alongside major brands such as Home Group, AkzoNobel, B&M, Northumbrian Water, CMC Markets, Santander, Thales, Autodesk, Mitsubishi, Microsoft, Lloyds, Financial Times and EDF Energy.
We are a global leader in mobile and immersive app development. In addition to solutions for platforms like iOS, Android, Python, VR, AR and MR, we also provide AI solutions for brands looking to better engage their customers
We’re not an ‘integrated’, ‘full service’, or ‘digital’ agency - or simply put, a ‘jack of all trades’.
Many companies will try to upsell additional services such as SEO, media planning or a thousand other things to their clients. That’s just not us.
We focus solely on designing & building great post-PC software. It’s what we do best.
We aren’t content with building software that is merely useful or good.
We want to build the best products that our customers (and their customers) will love and rave about. We want our passion and skill for technology to be reflected in every project we work on.
We constantly strive to exceed all expectations. For us, customer service isn’t an afterthought - it’s a core part of our business.
Our commitment to exceptional customer service is just one of the factors that gives us an edge in this highly competitive industry.
Although our business is building software, we believe that our people are our most valuable intellectual property.
We believe that if you create a great working environment for people and empower them with the right tools, great products and service will be the natural outcome.
We are always investing and nurturing new talent. At the same time, if you feel you have experience that would be valuable to our team we’d love to hear from you.
Our culture starts with treating our team like adults. Unlimited holidays linked to performance is where we start.
Employees can opt into a flexible childcare voucher scheme, which is a simple way to manage childcare costs.
Our online benefits portal gives our staff access to a great range of discounts on: gym memberships, cinema tickets, high street vouchers, gift cards and travel bookings.
We offer a generous contributory pension scheme that is increasing all the time.
Work the hours you want, how you want with family friendly and generous working from home policies.
Macbook (Air/Pro), the best software money can buy, and anything else you need.
I have been working at hedgehog lab part-time (More than a year)
- It's full of passionate friendly people and there is a strong emphasis on teamwork, helping each other out, and praise when you’ve done well.
- Flexibility and freedom when it comes to when and how you work; as long as you don't take the p*** and get your jobs done, it's all good!
- There is a genuine drive to ensure workplace inclusivity and a good culture, within the workplace. Plenty of social activities too!
- Exciting opportunities for career progression; management support your progress and ensure you aren't complacent; you will be encouraged to explore opportunities if you show interest in a certain topic.
- They learn from tough situations/mistakes and are honest about it.
- You get free breakfast, fruit and dart board access all day and beers after 3 on a Friday!
- An open plan office isn't for everyone BUT there are plenty of nooks, sofas and bean bags to plonk yourself on if you need to.
- You don't get to choose what you work on but that is the nature of an agency!
- I genuinely can't think of anything else!
Advice to Management
Keep on doing what you're doing. Growing as a company is a good thing but it comes with challenges - keep on keeping an eye on things :)
An informal chat with Head of design through portfolio etc which was a nice relaxed experience. Overall I enjoyed the interview experience as it was good to learn more about the company etc.