2020 Companies Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated 31 Jul 2020

4.2
2020 Companies President Steve Peters
Steve Peters
Pros
  • "Flexible Schedule Family oriented and everyone is friendly(in 35 reviews)

• "Good pay, good life versus work balance(in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • "Unrealistic expectations, last-minute changes, way too many useless conference calls(in 43 reviews)

• "Upper management changed and ruined the company(in 37 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. COVID-19

"Serious Disappointment"

2.0
    Former Employee - Samsung Experience Consultant

I worked at 2020 Companies full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Independence, you decide where to allocate energy on a day-by-day basis. Whether it's training blue shirts for a day, selling, spending some extra time on workshops, or all three. -Flexible Schedule, If you have school or kids this is huge. -Above-average pay for the amount of work, and good bonuses.

Cons

-Communication!! Communication has been a consistent issue in this job and it's the reason for this review. Zero official communication was given during the Covid-19 pandemic, none. We were furloughed shortly after the economy began shutting down. I received unofficial messages at the beginning of July from my FOM regarding returning to work around July or August. I was vaguely given information as though I was still employed. None of the SECs from my district knew that this was untrue. We were let go without any communication from upper management, radio silence from both Samsung and HR. I've come to learn today that my position had been filled and I had been replaced. At this point, nothing has been said from Samsung or 2020. This is a crucial time as it has now become more difficult to file for unemployment and the additional $600 benefit has ended. And though they posted the job opening on their website over a week ago, they have failed to notify any employees that they were terminated and their position was being filled. All of those affected could have been searching for another job during this time but were left thinking they were still furloughed and returning soon. I had hit quarterly goals for four quarters straight. I had a fantastic relationship with the management and blue shirts in my store, I had made many friends within my store. The store's Market GAP had improved greatly after I began working there. My year-over-year sales were great and occasionally the best in the district. I didn't fail at this job, I was very good at it. But 2020 failed at theirs. I'm so disappointed in the management of this company, and anyone who was part of the decision to wait so long without doing what's best for their employees. -Poor training. Almost no proper training is provided at this job. It's a hit or miss. It completely depends on who 2020 decides to train you. The quality and contents of the online videos are outdated and/or irrelevant. The most important thing at this job is store relationships, product knowledge, and execution of operations. The first two come with time, but the third is poorly covered. I have met people two months into this job who didn't know about Hot Topics or Skills Workshops. That is 2020 and Samsung FSM's failing their employees/partners. -Unprofessional. This is implied, given the previous Cons. -The medical benefits were very expensive. Not surprising, just be aware.

2. "Good company"

4.0
    Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at 2020 Companies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great structure, decent pay. Cant complain

Cons

Upper management changed and ruined the company

"Come on aboard the Titanic! Headed full throttle toward that iceberg under current management."

Current Employee - Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at 2020 Companies full-time for less than a year

Pros

With the Reliant program in the DFW area there are no pros. You’d be better off joining a circus than that program. While other markets do much better than DFW, the leadership and environment is the main reason. Other programs seem to be ok, a corporate based position might be ok. The company has the potential to do well if the leadership was changed and people were developed instead of ran off.

Cons

No work life balance, utter chaos, extreme micromanaging, no room for growth, little to no training that applies to the challenges of the job, extreme favoritism, constant turnover well above the typical sales related churn, absent management in the field but extreme micromanaging from remotely, inconsistent goals and policies from week to week, pay is exaggerated and inadequately explained as most commission driven positions are, extremely stressful environment where you may go weeks with no upper management engagement to bombarded with aggressive management in desperation mode to provide numbers by any means necessary, lacking in both professionalism and leadership ability, schedule nightmare - you rarely see a schedule before Friday for the following Monday and it could change several times without notice, corporate is blind to the leadership issues and questionable practices that take place.

"Awesome Work Environmnet"

4.0
    Current Employee - Sales Operations Coordinator

I have been working at 2020 Companies full-time

Pros

2020 has a fun environment to work in. Upper management is constantly seeking to improve the work place and often reaches out to all employees for opinions. Overall, the people and management at 2020 make working here a great experience.

Cons

Work loads can sometimes be unbalanced, but this never goes unnoticed. The managers at 2020 constantly seek to keep everybody challenged, but never overwhelmed. Speaking up always goes a long way.

"Worst companies I have ever worked for"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Phila, PA

I have been working at 2020 Companies full-time

Pros

In my experience worrying with 2020 companies I have little to be happy about, they got me through a rough patch but thankfully I will be leaving sooner rather than later. Weekly pay, always gave 40 hours per week we're the only two things I could say about the company.

Cons

There is no training at all! Managers will sell you on the job and the opportunity to "make commissions two or three times your hourly check" nope never going to happen. They also sell you on the opportunity to grow, welp not going to happen unless your kissing upper Management's behind. You'll never get into contact with HR. Commission won't ever be correct, sorry guys. I have been in marketing for years and have never been with a more shady and moraless companies . Terrible benefits, no PTO accuriered until after 6 months with companies, made up working positions and upper management more worried about themselves rather than helping their employees.

"Communication does not exist-Merchandising"

Former Employee - Retail Merchandiser

I worked at 2020 Companies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent pay and ability to work schedule how you want

Cons

No communication from upper management. Also was personally lied to about the work I would be receiving for a full time position (40 hours). After about a month in, the most time worked in a week was 18 hours. Other employees have also expressed their frustration with no change.

2020 Companies Response

October 19, 2018Community Relations Specialist

Thank you for your constructive feedback. We are sorry your time with 2020 was less than ideal. We take matters like this seriously and will be looking into it. If you have any further comments, please feel free to email us at community.relations@2020companies.com.

"excellent"

Director

I have been working at 2020 Companies

Pros

pay & benefits, and upper management

Cons

hours, pay, benefits, some of the co-workers

"Director"

Current Employee - Director in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at 2020 Companies full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. Big company with a small company feeling 2. Family environment with a lot of company social events 3. Great upper management 4. Company Vision is clear and concise 5. Lots of job advancement opportunities 6. Support where you need it 7. No micro management (unless you require it) 8. Collaboration with all functional groups.

Cons

If you want an easy job and don't like to work hard you are coming to the wrong place. We work hard and play hard. This company is not for the meek. You have to be a dedicated and driven individual to make it.

Continue reading

"Great Place to Build a Career"

Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Miami, FL

I worked at 2020 Companies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have worked with 2020 for six years and leadership was great and knowledgeable. They helped me reached to the next level and inspired me to help others to be successful. Flexibility to work from home, but you have to be responsible to do your job day after day and motivate your team to do more and be more. If there's a reorganization within the campaign, upper management will try to place you in other campaigns within your area if available.

Cons

Even though 2020 does a great job at performing, the company still have to meet with client's demands whether it's good or bad, but this is the nature of the business.

Continue reading
  10. "Outstanding company to work for"

Former Employee - Director

I worked at 2020 Companies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

very positive place to work, a lot of positive reinforcement, the pay is good. the upper management believes in the company and the employees.

Cons

long hours and need to be available on call at all times.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 52 English Reviews