84.51° Reviews

Updated Aug 9, 2022

Found 215 of over 248 reviews

4.1
84.51° President   Milen Mahadevan  (no image)
Milen Mahadevan
Pros
  • "Work life balance - I've worked at 84(in 44 reviews)

• "Great Culture with an Emphasis on your Learning/Development(in 19 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Some growing pains exist, as expected with a newer company(in 10 reviews)

• "51 is that it is a leading data science company doing highly interesting work(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Consulting

132 Comments

Consulting

385.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/consulting/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=84.51°~992979
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0

Love it here!

Aug 9, 2022 - Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

culture, work life balance, opportunities to grow

Cons

Not any at the moment

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

The Grass is Greener Here

Jul 28, 2022 - Consultant in Cincinnati, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work/Life Balance (PTOOOOOO) Truly lives out the culture - A lot of companies preach culture. 84.51 lives it. Exciting work Everyone you work with is smart... But also uniquely humble. People are genuinely excited to work here.

Cons

Flat Hierarchy (still opportunity to grow) Large learning curve if you don't come from a similar industry or enter in through the college grad program

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

I love it here and always have.

Jul 15, 2022 - Director Data Science in Cincinnati, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

The work is challenging. The culture is inclusive. The talent is intelligent, interesting, and fun. The leadership is real and down-to-Earth. The work-life balance is flexible, which is highly motivating for productivity.

Cons

Lots of change, perhaps too much, causes frustration and productivity headwinds. However, leadership isn't delusional -- they recognize they/we don't always get it right. Our CEOs have never been complacent -- they have seemed insatiable with us as a company and as individuals growing. I think we are well aware of our "cons" and are always working to mitigate them.

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company

Jul 8, 2022 - Data Engineer in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance and company culture. Collaborative environment with many new fun projects being developed

Cons

Best practices are not yet cemented

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great people and benefits

Jul 2, 2022 - Account Executive in Cincinnati, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people make 84.51. Everyone is incredibly intelligent and kind.

Cons

Things change so quickly it’s can be frustrating to re learn knew tools constantly.

6. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Fun activities, but old culture. Avoid Agile org at all costs!

Jul 6, 2022 - N|A
      Business Outlook

Pros

Party pretty hard. Had a lot of fun. I worked with some really great individual contributors. A lot of really smart people, so you don't have to carry other people's weight. Super flexible WFH.

Cons

Great managers / leaders are few and far between. So many people have been there too long and just don't care if their ways of working change. Extremely hierarchy based. If you are a grade 3 or less you're expected to just shut up and what you were hired to do. Thought leadership is seldom rewarded in a way that makes you want to keep going. Definitely a strong friends and brother network. Lots of lip service with no actual delivery of work. People are told everyday that they do amazing work, so a lot of people interpret that as a free pass to never change. The Agility organization is extremely toxic. It was a rotating door of people from the moment I got there until I left and the leader doesn't really seem to believe in Agility. The team is run more like a glorified Project Management Organization than an Agile practice. Very much "my way or the highway" attitude but then takes no responsibility for the state that things are in. I wouldn't recommend Agile here to anybody, let alone a friend.

5 people found this review helpful
    7. 4.0

Great Remote Job

Jul 3, 2022 - Lead Data Scientist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits and work from home

Cons

Not seen yet will update

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great place to work

Jun 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, leadership, vacation and benefits, flexible in-office schedule

Cons

None right now; I enjoy working here.

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Culture

Jun 16, 2022 - Lead Data Scientist in Cincinnati, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Challenging work, great culture. Tons of resources and support.

Cons

Culture is great, but there's a high-school kind of attitude. Company is only as good as your immediate supervisor.

10. 5.0

Lead Software engineer

Jun 12, 2022 - Lead Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work WLB

Cons

Nothing that I can share

Viewing 1 - 10 of 215 Reviews

84.51° Reviews FAQs

84.51° has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 248 reviews left anonymously by employees. 82% of employees would recommend working at 84.51° to a friend and 68% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, 84.51° employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at 84.51°. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

82% of 84.51° employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated 84.51° 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at 84.51° to be career development, culture, benefits and the cons to be compensation, management, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with 84.51° Job Seekers