A.S. Watson Group Analyst Reviews

Updated 26 Jun 2020

3.7
A.S. Watson Group Managing Director; Chairman, Hutchison Whampoa Limited  Dominic K. M. Lai (no image)
Dominic K. M. Lai
  1. "Good Insight into real world"

4.0
    Current Intern - Data Analyst in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at A.S. Watson Group for more than a year

Pros

People are really nice helpful managers good insight into the real world of business coding help and languages

Cons

not a lot of social run by company slow at times

"Great people and office culture/ environment, poor everything else"

Current Employee - Analyst in London, England

I have been working at A.S. Watson Group full-time

Pros

Working with fun and clever colleagues, good work/ life balance, flexible working, good social life.

Cons

Benefits are quite basic and the salary is definitely below industry standard. There are no clear career development opportunities. Not enough recognition given to colleagues who have performed well. Some senior management don't appear to do very much, all talk and no action. Office is in an awkward location by Battersea Bridge.

Continue reading

"Average and boring"

Former Employee - Analyst in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at A.S. Watson Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good workforce diversity at work place. I can't believe I am saying anything good about HR but actually local HR team are not bad. They are tightly controlled by HK head office but they are trying their best. Good location in Battersea, right next to the park. HR makes good effort to educate western employees on Chinese culture.

Cons

At local senior level company tends to hire on paper credentials but those people turn out pretty average. So you get bunch of fat cats not doing much. Managers hire to increase span of control and not because they actually need a resource. As a result, most of the time I had nothing to do. In the end I got bored of being bored, so I left. Cheapness and low cost culture is all around you: pay below industry standard, no canteen, no place to have lunch, tight desk space, overcrowded office, cheap Christmas parties and list goes on.

Continue reading

Comms Manager

Hello and thank you for taking your time to leave us feedback. We’re very glad to hear about your positive experience when it comes to our HR team, our internal diversity, location and culture. At the same time, we appreciate you sharing your thoughts and advice when it comes to the less-positive aspects of your experience with us. We’re very proud of what we do at A.S. Watson, especially around the way we recruit our people. What we look for in all of our potential candidates is commitment, teamwork, science, innovation and most of all passion - it’s not a coincidence we’re the largest Health & Beauty retailer in the world! In our recent Employee Engagement survey our people told us, it is the Opportunities that are one of the top 3 best things about working at A.S. Watson. Although we know for a fact there are a number of fantastic opportunities available at A.S. Watson, we also know they require own initiative and innovative thinking to be taken. Again, thank you for your review and we wish you all the best for the future.

4. "Digital Business Analyst"

5.0
    Former Employee - Digital Business Analyst in Hong Kong

I worked at A.S. Watson Group full-time

Pros

really like the flexible working hours

Cons

not much benefits, just 12 days annually

"Business Analyst"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Sha Tin

I have been working at A.S. Watson Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice and friendly peers workers. Large local organisation with sufficient resources. Stable working environment.

Cons

Management is hierarchical and top down. The size and structure of the group may have made it less flexible, things are processed with a limited speed. Pay rise is slow and benefits are not attractive.

Comms Manager

Thank you for your honest review. We appreciate seeing the pros as well as the cons in all the reviews on our Glassdoor profile.

6. "Good Company"

5.0
    Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at A.S. Watson Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Respect ideas and open in mind

Cons

Office is a bit pack

A.S. Watson Group Response

Hello! Thanks for leaving us a great rating and your constructive comments – on our radar now. An open mind and eagerness for innovation, are definitely the two key aspects of our culture we’re proud of. We’re extremely happy you appreciate them too. All the best!

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 6 reviews