A.S. Watson Group Analyst Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Average and boring"

Former Employee - Analyst in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at A.S. Watson Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good workforce diversity at work place. I can't believe I am saying anything good about HR but actually local HR team are not bad. They are tightly controlled by HK head office but they are trying their best. Good location in Battersea, right next to the park. HR makes good effort to educate western employees on Chinese culture.

Cons

At local senior level company tends to hire on paper credentials but those people turn out pretty average. So you get bunch of fat cats not doing much. Managers hire to increase span of control and not because they actually need a resource. As a result, most of the time I had nothing to do. In the end I got bored of being bored, so I left. Cheapness and low cost culture is all around you: pay below industry standard,...

Advice to Management

Monitor what senior management does all day. You may be surprised with what you find.

A.S. Watson Group2019-01-23
  2. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at A.S. Watson Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Respect ideas and open in mind

Cons

Office is a bit pack

A.S. Watson Group2017-07-05

A.S. Watson Group Response

August 23, 2017

Hello! Thanks for leaving us a great rating and your constructive comments – on our radar now. An open mind and eagerness for innovation, are definitely the two key aspects of our culture we’re proud of. We’re extremely happy you appreciate them too. All the best!

Found 2 reviews