A.S. Watson Group Reviews

Updated 4 May 2021

3.4
A.S. Watson Group Managing Director; Chairman, Hutchison Whampoa Limited  Dominic K. M. Lai (no image)
Dominic K. M. Lai
  1. "It was alright"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aldridge, England, England

I worked at A.S. Watson Group part-time

Pros

Good hours, pay is good

Cons

they can mess you around and expect you to come in at short notice funny about sick days

"TERRIBLE!"

1.0
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant in London, England, England

I worked at A.S. Watson Group part-time for more than a year

Pros

Superdrug discount card Some of the employees were really nice (because we shared the same pain)

Cons

Terrible management. Absolutely the WORST! Don't let you go on breaks. Force you to do overtime. Sometimes without pay. The manager 'forgot' to pay me for extra hours I did. He promised to pay me soon. I chased after him for ONE WHOLE MONTH and each time he would tell me he'll do it or he forgot. I gave up with him. FORCE you to do SAS when they know the customers don't want the items. The customers will be refusing the product on 'promotion' (it's always the same price) and you'd hear a whisper saying 'pUsH It HaRdEr Ya!' and when the customer is gone, they'd have a word with u. Don't let you pray if you're religious. Give people who hate the till, a permenant till role and the people who hate stacking the shelves, the shelves. That just makes it a less enjoyable experience for everyone apart from management, who spend their day in the staff room watching YouTube videos or on the phone, going on her '2nd break' for the 10th time. Also DO NOT! I repeat, DO NOT work there if ur a student. They treat u like you're worthless. xoxo

A.S. Watson Group Response

November 11, 2019Comms Manager

Thank you for your review. We are extremely keen to address your comments. Due to your role, we believe you might have been employed by one of our retail businesses. Please kindly get in touch with us on More@uk.aswatson.com, this will enable us to address your feedback with greater accuracy and support - ensuring we get the right HR team involved. We look forward to hearing from you.

3. "Great company"

5.0

I worked at A.S. Watson Group full-time

Pros

rewarding, fun, engaging, passionate, teamwork

Cons

not really much negative to say

4. "Not this some for all drivers"

1.0
    Current Employee - Lorry Driver in Luton, East of England, England, England

I have been working at A.S. Watson Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Well-kept trucks, always packed, max. 7 stores a day, often 3 or four.

Cons

The company does not treat all drivers the same. The favorites have more hours and easier routes. in winter one has 2 working days, the other 5 days. Badly planned routes. Very early start between 1 am and 6 am

"Sales at TPS"

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in London, England, England

I worked at A.S. Watson Group part-time for more than a year

Pros

Incentives Store team are lovely to work with with

Cons

Not much over time is offered Low pay Understaffed

6. "Hmmmm"

Current Employee - Sales Assistant

I have been working at A.S. Watson Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Discount is 10% on branded and 30% on own brand with Superdrug.

Cons

Very hard work, can be very long hours and asked to work long hours with only a moments notice. Left feeling like just a dispensiple number. However if you fall out with management expect to get minimum hours and bad mouthed behind your back.

7. "Good"

Current Employee - Office Assistant in London, England, England

I have been working at A.S. Watson Group part-time

Pros

Holiday pay Rota Flexibility The building is nice

Cons

Hours Staff Head office support Lunch break

"Great people and office culture/ environment, poor everything else"

Current Employee - Analyst in London, England, England

I have been working at A.S. Watson Group full-time

Pros

Working with fun and clever colleagues, good work/ life balance, flexible working, good social life.

Cons

Benefits are quite basic and the salary is definitely below industry standard. There are no clear career development opportunities. Not enough recognition given to colleagues who have performed well. Some senior management don't appear to do very much, all talk and no action. Office is in an awkward location by Battersea Bridge.

Continue reading
  9. "Great please to work and develop your career"

Current Employee - Design Team Leader in London, England, England

I have been working at A.S. Watson Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Management always willing to listen Comfortable, relaxed and fun working environment Good benefits If you want to do something different, they'll let you try it. Leader care about your development.

Cons

Flat structure, difficult to get a promotion in certain teams Annual leave flexibility is limited. In some departments they're a few people short of what they need to really make a difference.

A.S. Watson Group Response

November 13, 2019Comms Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We’re very glad to hear you’re enjoying your time with us and the benefits we have to offer! We value your feedback and will ensure it is passed on to the appropriate team – it’s great to hear you want to make a real difference.

"Can improve"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

I worked at A.S. Watson Group full-time

Pros

Large company with International projects Working extra hours is rare Reduced working hours on Fridays in the summer Fruit basket on Monday

Cons

No clear career path Office environment is not the best Terrible coffee/ kitchen area Limited number of toilets

Viewing 11 - 20 of 138 Reviews