A.S. Watson Group Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 10 Jul 2019

Found 80 reviews

3.3
Dominic K. M. Lai
  1. "Good company to work! Nice People!"

I have been working at A.S. Watson Group for more than a year

Pros

Flexible and cares about employees. Great people. Good collaboration among teams

Cons

The turnover rate of employee is very high therefore the promotions in the career is very slow.

A.S. Watson Group2017-03-09

August 24, 2017

Hi there, and thank you for your feedback. At A.S. Watson our values help us shape how we think, feel and act; with focus and care for each other. That’s why it means a world to us seeing these aspects reflected in our people’s reviews. We also know our people have a strong desire ...

2. "Exciting company to be part of"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at A.S. Watson Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Huge global presence, if you work in a group function you get to interact with all the global business units. Retail is normally fast and ASW is no exception decisions get made rapidly and you can see your work implemented very quickly. Lots and lots of examples of people starting in junior roles and working their way to the top. Some great career opportunities.

Cons

Can be a cultural minefield but that's normal for any global organization. Due to the need to turn things around quickly some weeks will be very busy with some long hours required.

Advice to Management

Spend as much time as possible in the stores

A.S. Watson Group2017-03-09

August 24, 2017

Thanks so much for your 5-star rating! We really appreciate your feedback and advice, especially with 10+ years of experience with A.S. Watson Group. It means a lot. Thank you.

"I like my job!"

Current Employee - Group CRM in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at A.S. Watson Group

Pros

The team I work in is collaborative and welcoming. Office drama is kept to a minimum, and everyone behaves like adults. The work is varied, there are lots of opportunities to get involved with exciting things. People tend to leave the office on time.

Cons

Terrible coffee! And tea. Not enough toilets. Battersea isn't a particularly convenient place to get to. Chinese work culture can sometimes clash a bit with British work culture. A lot of archaic technology (moving all my email to an external folder every week since there's no storage, a shared desk phone for a whole team)

Advice to Management

The teams themselves are overall quite happy, but with a bit more office investment people would be able to do their jobs better.

A.S. Watson Group2016-11-04

February 2, 2017

Thanks a lot for your great review. We are extremely happy to hear you’re really enjoying working at A.S. Watson. We take all the feedback very seriously and are strongly committed to working towards further improving your experience. Thank you for recommending us as an employer!

4. "Exciting company with massive scope for career development"

I have been working at A.S. Watson Group

Pros

Fabulous team: people in the office are real nice and willing to help. Invest in the people: spend time going through skill sets with staff and encourage continuous learning. Massive scope for career development: a huge international company with many opportunities and chances to relocate!

Cons

Structure and culture is hierarchical at times which takes time for information to feed through the communication chain.

Advice to Management

Provide a more flexible working schedule & staff benefits

A.S. Watson Group2016-11-04

February 2, 2017

Thank you for your review – we really appreciate your feedback. We are thrilled to hear you’re enjoying your time with A.S. Watson and will continue to work as hard as we can towards improving our people's experience with us. Thanks a lot for recommending us as an exciting employer ...

5. "Warehouse Operative"

Former Employee - Warehouse Operator in Dunstable, England

I worked at A.S. Watson Group

Pros

Stable long-term opportunity, safe working environment

Cons

Demanding workload, fast-paced environment, wages slightly below industry average

Advice to Management

Try to engage the employees on different levels

A.S. Watson Group2016-09-23

August 24, 2017

Thank you for leaving us your feedback. Considering your location and function we believe you were part of one of our retail brands in the UK. To ensure your feedback gets to the right place we will forward it in the right direction. Wishing you also the best in your next endeavours.

6. "Fair place to work in"

I worked at A.S. Watson Group full-time

Pros

The office is locate in a nice area of London

Cons

Working time is not very flexible.

Advice to Management

A more modern way of staffing is recommended.

A.S. Watson Group2016-09-06

August 24, 2017

Thank you for taking your time and leaving us your feedback on Glassdoor. We’re happy to hear you enjoyed one of our London locations. They both have equally a lot to offer! Thank you for your feedback regarding flexible working. We’ve been eagerly listening to our people and now ...

7. "Great company to learn & grow with"

Former Employee - Specialist Digital Designer in London, England

I worked at A.S. Watson Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have learnt more here in the last 2 years than I have done in the last 5 years previous industry experience. The team was amazing, all with a range of skills which complimented each other, but also enhanced us individually. The higher management team were very understanding and approachable with personal life circumstances.

Cons

Possibly more training and development and also discussions about job progressions would help to see where you could possibly be in a few years time. A more casual work environment, i.e; working from home - once a month / summer hours / Social events etc.

Advice to Management

Try to make everyone feel valued and stimulated in the workplace, these are the things that keeps me happy and loving my job.

A.S. Watson Group2016-08-01

February 2, 2017

Thank you so much for your review - it means a lot to us. As a company we take our employees' feedback very seriously and are committed to working towards constantly improving our people’s experience. We hope you enjoyed your time with us!

"Averagely Decent"

Current Employee - Warehouse Operator in Dunstable, England

I have been working at A.S. Watson Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The perks are good if you have a girlfriend or some kind of female to buy things for as they benefit you with a "beauty card" which entitles you to in-store discounts

Cons

Unfortunately the people in power (supervisors / team leaders) seem to let the power get to their head and throw their weight around more than they should but I expect that's the same with most jobs.

Advice to Management

Fix the agency, it's not bad being contracted to AS Watson but the agency guys have it real bad.. Some of their "Team leaders" who have no people skills or management skills what so ever really shouldn't be in the position they're in, take a long hard look and do something.

A.S. Watson Group2016-03-15

August 25, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. Considering your location and job nature, we believe you are part of one of our retail Business Units in the UK. To ensure your feedback gets to the right place we will forward it in the right direction.

9. "Company description - Experience"

I worked at A.S. Watson Group

Pros

Everything worked out well during my time at A.S. Watson.

Cons

I can not complain about a single thing.

A.S. Watson Group2016-01-19

February 2, 2017

Thanks a million for your great review! We are very happy you’ve enjoyed your time with us.

10. "Great work experience overall"

I have been working at A.S. Watson Group

Pros

Great learning environment,full support and guidance available.

Cons

salaries not so good.career progression is required

Advice to Management

keep up the company standard and sharing knowledge

A.S. Watson Group2015-11-30

February 2, 2017

Thanks for leaving your feedback on Glassdoor. We’re really grateful to hear you’re satisfied with your experience with A.S. Watson and wanted to let you know that we are constantly working towards improving our people’s experience. Thanks a lot for your great review!

Found 80 reviews