A.S. Watson Group Reviews

Updated 5 Aug 2020

3.2
A.S. Watson Group Managing Director; Chairman, Hutchison Whampoa Limited  Dominic K. M. Lai (no image)
Dominic K. M. Lai
  1. "Forward thinking, people focused company - great to work for"

I have been working at A.S. Watson Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay & benefits, career progression, good work/life balance promoted, inspirational people, diversity embraced, "work hard play hard" mentality.

Cons

Can be a little corporate, not necessarily a "cool" brand to work for (and often unknown in Europe).

A.S. Watson Group Response

Thank you for such a brilliant review. We love the fact you’re enjoying ASW’s unique and inspirational culture and you’re totally right – we need to shout More about it! To help us increase awareness about who we are as an employer we we’ve recently launched our global Employer Branding across Europe as well as globally. This is an exciting project that has only just begun, so hold tight as there’s much More to come.

2. "Great team, great culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at A.S. Watson Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team and environment in the London office, very open and honest culture. Senior managers/directors are very busy but approachable. Work-life balance is ok.

Cons

Very small teams means less space for growth, there's no place to step away from your desk to have lunch, flexible working could be improved.

A.S. Watson Group Response

Head of HR Operations (Europe)

Hi. Thank you for your feedback and review. It's good to see that you mention our great team, senior management and culture of openness as particular positives. We will ensure that your comments around space for growth and office rearrangement are addressed. We wish you continued success and all the best!

3. "Great Company"

in London, England

I have been working at A.S. Watson Group

Pros

Great Team, good development and internal promotion and moves. Good culture and always lots to do.

Cons

Office facilities aren't up to standard. Could do with an upgrade on refresh of the office.

A.S. Watson Group Response

Hi and thanks for 5 stars! We’re extremely happy you appreciate our culture, team spirit and the breadth of opportunities available at A.S. Watson Group. We’re particularly proud of these aspects too. Thank also for highlighting the cons - they’re on our radar. Best wishes.

4. "Exciting company to be part of"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at A.S. Watson Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Huge global presence, if you work in a group function you get to interact with all the global business units. Retail is normally fast and ASW is no exception decisions get made rapidly and you can see your work implemented very quickly. Lots and lots of examples of people starting in junior roles and working their way to the top. Some great career opportunities.

Cons

Can be a cultural minefield but that's normal for any global organization. Due to the need to turn things around quickly some weeks will be very busy with some long hours required.

A.S. Watson Group Response

Thanks so much for your 5-star rating! We really appreciate your feedback and advice, especially with 10+ years of experience with A.S. Watson Group. It means a lot. Thank you.

5. "Good company to work! Nice People!"

I have been working at A.S. Watson Group for more than a year

Pros

Flexible and cares about employees. Great people. Good collaboration among teams

Cons

The turnover rate of employee is very high therefore the promotions in the career is very slow.

A.S. Watson Group Response

Hi there, and thank you for your feedback. At A.S. Watson our values help us shape how we think, feel and act; with focus and care for each other. That’s why it means a world to us seeing these aspects reflected in our people’s reviews. We also know our people have a strong desire to learn and grow and we will continue working hard towards ensuring we make positive difference to people lives and careers at A.S. Watson. Thanks for your 5-star rating and we wish you all the best!

"I like my job!"

Group CRM in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at A.S. Watson Group

Pros

The team I work in is collaborative and welcoming. Office drama is kept to a minimum, and everyone behaves like adults. The work is varied, there are lots of opportunities to get involved with exciting things. People tend to leave the office on time.

Cons

Terrible coffee! And tea. Not enough toilets. Battersea isn't a particularly convenient place to get to. Chinese work culture can sometimes clash a bit with British work culture. A lot of archaic technology (moving all my email to an external folder every week since there's no storage, a shared desk phone for a whole team)

A.S. Watson Group Response

Thanks a lot for your great review. We are extremely happy to hear you’re really enjoying working at A.S. Watson. We take all the feedback very seriously and are strongly committed to working towards further improving your experience. Thank you for recommending us as an employer!

7. "Exciting company with massive scope for career development"

I have been working at A.S. Watson Group

Pros

Fabulous team: people in the office are real nice and willing to help. Invest in the people: spend time going through skill sets with staff and encourage continuous learning. Massive scope for career development: a huge international company with many opportunities and chances to relocate!

Cons

Structure and culture is hierarchical at times which takes time for information to feed through the communication chain.

A.S. Watson Group Response

Thank you for your review – we really appreciate your feedback. We are thrilled to hear you’re enjoying your time with A.S. Watson and will continue to work as hard as we can towards improving our people's experience with us. Thanks a lot for recommending us as an exciting employer to work for!

8. "Warehouse Operative"

Warehouse Operator in Dunstable, England

I worked at A.S. Watson Group

Pros

Stable long-term opportunity, safe working environment

Cons

Demanding workload, fast-paced environment, wages slightly below industry average

A.S. Watson Group Response

Thank you for leaving us your feedback. Considering your location and function we believe you were part of one of our retail brands in the UK. To ensure your feedback gets to the right place we will forward it in the right direction. Wishing you also the best in your next endeavours.

9. "Fair place to work in"

I worked at A.S. Watson Group full-time

Pros

The office is locate in a nice area of London

Cons

Working time is not very flexible.

A.S. Watson Group Response

Thank you for taking your time and leaving us your feedback on Glassdoor. We’re happy to hear you enjoyed one of our London locations. They both have equally a lot to offer! Thank you for your feedback regarding flexible working. We’ve been eagerly listening to our people and now have two great flexi working initiatives up and running across our London offices. Thanks for your contribution and we wish you all the best in your next role!

10. "Great company to learn & grow with"

Former Employee - Specialist Digital Designer in London, England

I worked at A.S. Watson Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have learnt more here in the last 2 years than I have done in the last 5 years previous industry experience. The team was amazing, all with a range of skills which complimented each other, but also enhanced us individually. The higher management team were very understanding and approachable with personal life circumstances.

Cons

Possibly more training and development and also discussions about job progressions would help to see where you could possibly be in a few years time. A more casual work environment, i.e; working from home - once a month / summer hours / Social events etc.

A.S. Watson Group Response

Thank you so much for your review - it means a lot to us. As a company we take our employees' feedback very seriously and are committed to working towards constantly improving our people’s experience. We hope you enjoyed your time with us!

Found 96 reviews