A.S. Watson Group Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated 19 Jul 2020

3.4
A.S. Watson Group Managing Director; Chairman, Hutchison Whampoa Limited  Dominic K. M. Lai (no image)
Dominic K. M. Lai
Pros
Cons
  • "Due to the need to turn things around quickly some weeks will be very busy with some long hours required(in 6 reviews)

• "Quite fast paced, no planning for the tasks and timelines, huge pressure to staff(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Exciting company to be part of"

5.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at A.S. Watson Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Huge global presence, if you work in a group function you get to interact with all the global business units. Retail is normally fast and ASW is no exception decisions get made rapidly and you can see your work implemented very quickly. Lots and lots of examples of people starting in junior roles and working their way to the top. Some great career opportunities.

Cons

Can be a cultural minefield but that's normal for any global organization. Due to the need to turn things around quickly some weeks will be very busy with some long hours required.

A.S. Watson Group Response

Thanks so much for your 5-star rating! We really appreciate your feedback and advice, especially with 10+ years of experience with A.S. Watson Group. It means a lot. Thank you.

2. "Hmmmm"

Current Employee - Sales Assistant
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at A.S. Watson Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Discount is 10% on branded and 30% on own brand with Superdrug.

Cons

Very hard work, can be very long hours and asked to work long hours with only a moments notice. Left feeling like just a dispensiple number. However if you fall out with management expect to get minimum hours and bad mouthed behind your back.

Continue reading

3. "Friendly and young colleagues but high turnover and huge workload"

Former Employee - Assistant Accountant
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at A.S. Watson Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Friendly and young colleagues - Nice workplace with gym and in-house clinic - Good IT equipment and software support - In-house training - PC and soft skills - Promotion opportunities

Cons

- Turnover rate too high , no action taken but keep hiring people - Management shows no respect to staff - Quite fast paced, no planning for the tasks and timelines, huge pressure to staff - Long working hours and huge workload, No OT pay/ allowance - Lots of redundant reports - Some departments are quite dated

Continue reading

"Some Group teams not respects their people"

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sha Tin

I worked at A.S. Watson Group full-time

Pros

- Multi Country projects - Works on strategic projects - Some group departments more focus on people than other. They hire good talent and treat better.

Cons

- Asia IT is very defensive, yells and not open to ideas - No realistic planning everything is urgent and important. Too much long hours. - IT contracters brought in to save day but does not grow permanent people. -little respects for subordinates and colleagues.

A.S. Watson Group Response

Hi there, and thank you for your honest review. We always appreciate seeing the pros as well as the cons when it comes to feedback we receive from our people – it helps us move forward as an organisation after all. As you correctly noticed, at A.S. Watson we take big pride in our unique and international culture, hence the focus on the Employer Brand this year. Nevertheless, we understand that with every great culture comes great responsibility, and therefore we would like to assure you, your review has already been forwarded in the right direction. Finally, we would like to wish you all the best for the future and thank you for your time with us.

5. "Designer"

1.0

I worked at A.S. Watson Group full-time

Pros

Fellow Designers were a great team to work alongside.

Cons

Unappreciative managers. Seniors look down on other staff. Long hours. Always backlogs. Not paid enough for the work we do.

A.S. Watson Group Response

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your experience. Your feedback will be forwarded in the right direction. We would like to wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

6. "Sales assistant"

4.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sheung Wan

I worked at A.S. Watson Group part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good salary. Learn how to work in a retail shop.

Cons

Long working hours. No many other benefits.

A.S. Watson Group Response

Hi there and thanks for taking your time and leaving us a review! We really appreciate your feedback and would like to wish you best of luck for the future.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 6 reviews