A.S. Watson Group Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 17 Dec 2019

3.2
A.S. Watson Group Managing Director; Chairman, Hutchison Whampoa Limited  Dominic K. M. Lai (no image)
Dominic K. M. Lai
Pros
Cons
  • "Due to the need to turn things around quickly some weeks will be very busy with some long hours required(in 4 reviews)

• "Too local, high turnover, low benefit, no respect to staff(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Forward thinking, people focused company - great to work for"

4.0

I have been working at A.S. Watson Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay & benefits, career progression, good work/life balance promoted, inspirational people, diversity embraced, "work hard play hard" mentality.

Cons

Can be a little corporate, not necessarily a "cool" brand to work for (and often unknown in Europe).

A.S. Watson Group2017-04-10

August 24, 2017

Thank you for such a brilliant review. We love the fact you’re enjoying ASW’s unique and inspirational culture and you’re totally right – we need to shout More about it! To help us increase awareness about who we are as an employer we we’ve recently launched our global Employer Branding across Europe as well as globally. This is an exciting project that has only just begun, so hold tight as there’s much More to come.

"Great people and office culture/ environment, poor everything else"

Current Employee - Analyst in London, England

I have been working at A.S. Watson Group full-time

Pros

Working with fun and clever colleagues, good work/ life balance, flexible working, good social life.

Cons

Benefits are quite basic and the salary is definitely below industry standard. There are no clear career development opportunities. Not enough recognition given to colleagues who have performed well. Some senior management don't appear to do very much, all talk and no action. Office is in an awkward location by Battersea Bridge.

A.S. Watson Group2019-12-17
  3. "Great team, great culture"

4.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at A.S. Watson Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team and environment in the London office, very open and honest culture. Senior managers/directors are very busy but approachable. Work-life balance is ok.

Cons

Very small teams means less space for growth, there's no place to step away from your desk to have lunch, flexible working could be improved.

A.S. Watson Group2017-04-06

A.S. Watson Group Response

June 20, 2017Head of HR Operations (Europe)

Hi. Thank you for your feedback and review. It's good to see that you mention our great team, senior management and culture of openness as particular positives. We will ensure that your comments around space for growth and office rearrangement are addressed. We wish you continued success and all the best!

4. "Product Development Officer"

1.0
    Former Employee - Product Development Officer in Sha Tin

I worked at A.S. Watson Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work-life balance and standard benefit

Cons

Traditional Chinese management and not open-minded. Not objective to judge the issue when happened.

A.S. Watson Group2019-09-03

October 9, 2019Comms Manager

Thank you for taking your time to leave us a review. We wish you luck in your future endeavours.

5. "Accountant"

I have been working at A.S. Watson Group

Pros

Work life balance is good.

Cons

Salary is lower than expected

A.S. Watson Group2017-03-30

August 24, 2017

Thank you for your time and feedback. Our packages are designed with extraordinary care to ensure personal job satisfaction, and because we make a point and eagerly listen to our people on a regular basis, we make sure we continuously improve within the areas important to them. We’re pleased to hear you think highly of the work-life balance at A.S. Watson. It means a lot to us.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 5 reviews