A.S. Watson Group Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 5 Aug 2020

3.5
A.S. Watson Group Managing Director; Chairman, Hutchison Whampoa Limited  Dominic K. M. Lai (no image)
Dominic K. M. Lai
Pros
  • "nice working environment, flexible working time in elab(in 13 reviews)

• "People are friendly, nice working environment, good work life balance(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Due to the need to turn things around quickly some weeks will be very busy with some long hours required(in 6 reviews)

• "Quite fast paced, no planning for the tasks and timelines, huge pressure to staff(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Review

5 Aug 2020 - Anonymous in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

People are friendly, nice working environment, good work life balance.

Cons

Could be more flexible working opportunities.

Comms Manager

Hi there, Thanks for taking your time to leave a review. We're proud of our people-focused culture, so we're happy to hear your positive feedback. We wish you the best of luck in your next steps.

2. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great people and office culture/ environment, poor everything else

17 Dec 2019 - Analyst in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working with fun and clever colleagues, good work/ life balance, flexible working, good social life.

Cons

Benefits are quite basic and the salary is definitely below industry standard. There are no clear career development opportunities. Not enough recognition given to colleagues who have performed well. Some senior management don't appear to do very much, all talk and no action. Office is in an awkward location by Battersea Bridge.

1 person found this review helpful
    3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great team, great culture

6 Apr 2017 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team and environment in the London office, very open and honest culture. Senior managers/directors are very busy but approachable. Work-life balance is ok.

Cons

Very small teams means less space for growth, there's no place to step away from your desk to have lunch, flexible working could be improved.

A.S. Watson Group Response

Head of HR Operations (Europe)

Hi. Thank you for your feedback and review. It's good to see that you mention our great team, senior management and culture of openness as particular positives. We will ensure that your comments around space for growth and office rearrangement are addressed. We wish you continued success and all the best!

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Forward thinking, people focused company - great to work for

10 Apr 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay & benefits, career progression, good work/life balance promoted, inspirational people, diversity embraced, "work hard play hard" mentality.

Cons

Can be a little corporate, not necessarily a "cool" brand to work for (and often unknown in Europe).

A.S. Watson Group Response

Thank you for such a brilliant review. We love the fact you’re enjoying ASW’s unique and inspirational culture and you’re totally right – we need to shout More about it! To help us increase awareness about who we are as an employer we we’ve recently launched our global Employer Branding across Europe as well as globally. This is an exciting project that has only just begun, so hold tight as there’s much More to come.

5. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Product Development Officer

2 Sep 2019 - Product Development Officer in Sha Tin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work-life balance and standard benefit

Cons

Traditional Chinese management and not open-minded. Not objective to judge the issue when happened.

Comms Manager

Thank you for taking your time to leave us a review. We wish you luck in your future endeavours.

6. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Accountant

30 Mar 2017 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance is good.

Cons

Salary is lower than expected

A.S. Watson Group Response

Thank you for your time and feedback. Our packages are designed with extraordinary care to ensure personal job satisfaction, and because we make a point and eagerly listen to our people on a regular basis, we make sure we continuously improve within the areas important to them. We’re pleased to hear you think highly of the work-life balance at A.S. Watson. It means a lot to us.

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 English Reviews