A.S. Watson Group Employee Reviews about "working environment"

Updated 5 Aug 2020

3.4
A.S. Watson Group Managing Director; Chairman, Hutchison Whampoa Limited  Dominic K. M. Lai (no image)
Dominic K. M. Lai
Pros
Cons
  • "Due to the need to turn things around quickly some weeks will be very busy with some long hours required(in 6 reviews)

• "Quite fast paced, no planning for the tasks and timelines, huge pressure to staff(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "working environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Review"

Former Employee - Anonymous in London, England

I worked at A.S. Watson Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

People are friendly, nice working environment, good work life balance.

Cons

Could be more flexible working opportunities.

2. "Great please to work and develop your career"

Current Employee - Design Team Leader in London, England

I have been working at A.S. Watson Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Management always willing to listen Comfortable, relaxed and fun working environment Good benefits If you want to do something different, they'll let you try it. Leader care about your development.

Cons

Flat structure, difficult to get a promotion in certain teams Annual leave flexibility is limited. In some departments they're a few people short of what they need to really make a difference.

Comms Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We’re very glad to hear you’re enjoying your time with us and the benefits we have to offer! We value your feedback and will ensure it is passed on to the appropriate team – it’s great to hear you want to make a real difference.

3. "Warehouse Operative"

Warehouse Operator in Dunstable, England

I worked at A.S. Watson Group

Pros

Stable long-term opportunity, safe working environment

Cons

Demanding workload, fast-paced environment, wages slightly below industry average

A.S. Watson Group Response

Thank you for leaving us your feedback. Considering your location and function we believe you were part of one of our retail brands in the UK. To ensure your feedback gets to the right place we will forward it in the right direction. Wishing you also the best in your next endeavours.

4. "Healthy environment"

Current Employee - Web/Graphic Designer in Hong Kong

I have been working at A.S. Watson Group part-time

Pros

Healthy working environment and security

Cons

heavy workload continues to be compounded by the difficulties in a continuing high staff turnover

5. "Developer in AS Watson"

5.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong

I have been working at A.S. Watson Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

nice working environment, flexible working time in elab

Cons

need to OT on Sat/Sun a few times in a year. But you could turn the OT days into annual leaves

Comms Manager

Thank you for your review. We’re glad you’re enjoying your time with us and the benefits we have to offer. We wish all the best for the rest of your A.S. Watson journey!

6. "Low Paid, but learnt a lot"

Current Intern - Intern - Hourly

I have been working at A.S. Watson Group for less than a year

Pros

- Dynamic Environment - Flexible working flow

Cons

- Low Paid - Few interactions within/ across teams

Comms Manager

Hello and thank you for taking your time to leave us a review. We’re glad to see you rate your time with us positively. It is important to us to provide all A.S. Watson interns with best-in-class and fully hands on experience. In our London offices all of our interns are on a monthly, competitive salary.

"Business Analyst"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Sha Tin

I have been working at A.S. Watson Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice and friendly peers workers. Large local organisation with sufficient resources. Stable working environment.

Cons

Management is hierarchical and top down. The size and structure of the group may have made it less flexible, things are processed with a limited speed. Pay rise is slow and benefits are not attractive.

Comms Manager

Thank you for your honest review. We appreciate seeing the pros as well as the cons in all the reviews on our Glassdoor profile.

8. "Not an option for ambitious employees."

2.0
    Former Employee - Buying

I worked at A.S. Watson Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working environment is fine. Big company. Benefits are fine. Trainings are provided. Good for people looking for a steady job.

Cons

Common issues in large company. Low transperancy , unfairness, unwise policies. Too much politics when you are here longer. Lower grades become the victims of the politics and unwise policies. Definitely not for ambitious people. Your hard work will not be recognised. I give 2 star since there were quite a lot of unwise opinions.

Comms Manager

Hello and thank you for your review. We’re glad you enjoyed our environment, benefits and stability. At the same time, please know that we are working to minimise politics and we trust our employees to make work a good atmosphere for others. Thank you for your long service with us - we wish you all the best in your next role.

9. "Summer HR Intern in Watsons China"

Human Resources Intern in Guangzhou, Guangdong

I worked at A.S. Watson Group

Pros

Relaxing working environment, standardized work regulation and procedure. People are willing to help and nice.

Cons

non-competitive salary, sometimes work overtime. Not involved in training due to my job nature.

A.S. Watson Group Response

Hello there and thanks for your review. We’re happy you enjoyed your internship with Watsons China and would recommend it to others. We wish you all the best!

10. "It is a nice working place."

5.0
    Current Employee - Sales Assistant in Sheung Wan

I have been working at A.S. Watson Group part-time for less than a year

Pros

Attractive salary, learning chances, wonderful working environment and good rest rooms

Cons

Absence leave for more than 2 days is not allowed.

A.S. Watson Group Response

Hi there and thanks for your 5-star rating! Since 2010 we’ve put in place a number of local initiatives around work-life balance and employee wellbeing. All of those programmes are close to our hearts and we’re committed to continue to actively listen to our people. We hope you’re doing well!

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 10 reviews