A&E Agency Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

1. Featured Review

"Great Career Opportunities"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Manchester, England

I have been working at A&E Agency full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company really focuses on the growth of staff and promoting from within. There is a clear opportunity for the right people to progress if they want it and work hard for it. The bonus structure is good and OTE’s are realistic and achievable. Great team environment both locally and across the offices. Good perks and benefits such as option to buy and sell holiday, good pension contribution and lots of... others. There are also perks like Friday breakfast and team nights. There are annual competitions for prestigious prizes across the company and the group and also weekly/monthly incentives running concurrently. Senior management are very approachable and take time to understand how each individual team is performing.

Cons

As with any job in sales/recruitment it can be challenging at times and a bit of a roller coaster and you need a thick skin but generally to highs outnumber the lows and the rewards make it very worthwhile.

March 8, 2019HR Business Partner

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to read that you consider our benefits, commission structure, incentives and our work environment to be positive aspects of our business. We are also very passionate about supporting our employees to help them to grow within A&E Agency and ICS; developing career paths and providing training and opportunities for progression. I'm pleased to hear about your positive experience and to see that you'd recommend us as a great place to work, and I hope that you continue to develop and progress in your career here.

2. "Great Culture"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at A&E Agency full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture, every body was constantly working hard but made sure they enjoyed the social aspect of the role too. Good commission structure, if you're actually performing.

Cons

Very hard, especially in today's market, to actually be successful without inheriting business off other people who leave.

A&E Agency2019-09-06
  3. "Good company to work for"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in London, England

I have been working at A&E Agency full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good people to work with. Well known in our sector. Good structure - ie frameworks, clients Good resources Great support to doctors, ie appraisals, market knowledge ect.

Cons

We are taking action to implement changes that we could make to ensure we keep improving and competing against our competitors effectively. We are working on new ways to use technology, This is to allow recruiters more time to efficiently resource candidates.

March 8, 2019HR Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. As you mention, it's key to the business that we continue to evolve and implement changes and new technology to ensure we remain competitive in the marketplace. It's great to hear that you consider the resources, commission structure and the people you work with to be positive aspects of the business and that you'd recommend us as a great place to work. We are always looking at ways in which we can continue to improve, so continue to let us know your ideas - we really value your feedback.

4. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at A&E Agency full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great commission structure. Good location to work. Great morale in the team which makes it fun to come to work.

Cons

Not exclusive to AE Agency agency as all recruitment working hours can be a little long, however sometimes this can be an advantage because you can get speaking to your candidates out of hours which in turn helps grow your desk.

March 8, 2019HR Business Partner

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to read that you feel there's a good team environment and commission structure for your role and that you'd recommend A&E Agency as a great place to work. We look forward to seeing you progress with us.

5. "Recruitment Consultant - London Office"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at A&E Agency full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good people to work with Good commission structure If you work hard then you are massively rewarded Support always given where needed

Cons

Would be nice to have maybe a little bit more annual leave

March 8, 2019HR Business Partner

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. It's great to read about your experience and to see that you'd recommend A&E Agency as a great place to work. We take your feedback on board and hope that you continue to progress and develop your career with us.

6. "Great workplace with clear career ladder"

I have been working at A&E Agency full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

My favourite reason to come to work is the team that I work with. They are lovely, bubbly, hard working and motivating colleagues who make every day enjoyable. Another good reason is the money. There is a competitive bonus structure within a temporary recruitment environment which rivals other offers in the area. The career ladder and room for progression are very clear and honoured by senior management. I have... moved up the career ladder throughout my time with the company and at each stage it was made clear to me what I needed to do to trigger my next promotion and pay rise. The promotions and pay rises were implemented very quickly and even now it is clear to me what I need to do to progress further. The benefits are not just relating to bonus and salary either. We have monthly meetings where hard work is recognised with prizes, we have bigger goals to work towards over a few months which lead to trips out to Ascot or other special events. There is usually some sort of daily, weekly or monthly incentives running where you are rewarded just for doing well at your expected job role and hitting/exceeding your KPIs. My direct line manager is very easy to approach to ask for advice or training.

Cons

The downsides are typical to recruitment. Some days the hours can feel long but the benefits of working those hours almost always pay off. Sometimes changes are implemented to improve overall workflow efficiency and productivity within the teams/division which can be daunting but any time this has happened it has turned out to for the best and benefit me and my desk.

March 8, 2019HR Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback. I'm really pleased to hear about your enjoyable experience within your team and that you've benefited from a clear progression route and the employee rewards and incentives. It's great to read about your positive experience thus far and I hope that you continue to develop and progress in your career here.

7. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at A&E Agency full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly team Fun environment Support from senior staff and management

Cons

No sick pay Difficult to hit criteria required for a promotion/pay rise

Advice to Management

Revisit promotion structure

March 8, 2019HR Business Partner

Hi, it's great to read about your positive experience thus far and to see that you'd recommend this as a great place to work. Listening and acting upon feedback play a key part in engaging with our employees and we'll continue to do so. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

8. "Divisional Support Officer/Revalidation Officer"

Current Employee - Divisional Support Officer in London, England

I have been working at A&E Agency full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have worked for A&E Agency for over 15 years and I still thoroughly enjoy working within my very varied role. The Senior Management Team are very approachable and there is a strong team spirit feel to the A&E Agency. There is a very good career progression structure and also training and development is very high on the agenda at A&E Agency.

Cons

Making sure we have the right people for the right jobs.

March 8, 2019HR Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I'm really pleased to hear about your experience here and how approachable you feel our senior management team are. Developing our people and clear career paths are a key focus across our business and I hope that you continue to develop and progress in your career here. We are always looking at ways in which we can continue to improve our business and really value your feedback.

9. "Don't ever work here, joke of a company"

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England

I worked at A&E Agency full-time for less than a year

Pros

Location funny colleagues in the office

Cons

Management talk to staff like they're babies They make you call busy NHS wards pretending to be someone for their finanical gain The office is like a classroom enviroment It's like a chopping block in regards to staff turnover Career path is not clear enough

Advice to Management

Stop talking to the consultants like they're five years old You have different rules for different groups of consultants, sort it out I would advise the group directors to investivate this division of the company

A&E Agency2019-02-11

March 8, 2019HR Business Partner

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that your experience of working at A&E Agency wasn't as positive as we'd like to achieve. We take your feedback on board and will work with the Leadership team to address these concerns so as to improve the experience of our employees both now and in the future.

10. "A COMPANY NOT TO BE TRUSTED FULLY"

Former Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England

I worked at A&E Agency full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good location to work Some nice people in the office

Cons

They make you phone up hospitals and pretend to be someone else , which is wrong NHS beware Senior manager recruitment/account managers try to belittle you at any time Commission structure isn't made fully clear work long hours and when your late by 10 mins or so they will give you cheeky comments

Advice to Management

Stop your headhunting rubbish by calling up hospitals across the UK pretending be someone your not just for your own financial benefits Have a more objective and honest interview process, instead having a muppet recruitment process

A&E Agency2019-01-20

February 1, 2019Candidate Engagment Specialist

Thank you for taking time to leave a review and I’m sorry that things didn’t work out. We are committed to getting and taking on board feedback from people who work for us and are obviously disappointed to hear your comments. We are working hard on getting the recruitment process right and ensuring that expectations are clear as this is key to a successful start. I can see you no longer work for the organisation, however if you wish to discuss any of the points you have raised then please contact me at marcia.white@ukics.com so that we can understand more about what we could do better.

Found 46 reviews