AAA Carolinas Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.6
AAA Carolinas CEO David Parsons
David Parsons
Pros
Cons
  • "Low pay for the job requirements(in 7 reviews)

• "(in 4 reviews)

1. "Good benefits, poor pay structure"

Current Employee - Travel Agent
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at AAA Carolinas full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits Lots of training opportunities

Cons

The pay structure doesnt allow you to make decent money until you're about 5 years in. They're only looking for people who want to stay forever so they have high turnover from people who dont want to stick it out or get burnt out.

Advice to Management

Dont force everyone along one path and rebrand as a younger product

AAA Carolinas2019-08-12
  2. "Great Days at AAA"

Current Employee - Sales in Roanoke Rapids, NC

I have been working at AAA Carolinas full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There's a lot of flexibility and opportunities at AAA with shifts, departments, overtime options, and ways to get a day off. I literally can't think of another business that offers the numerous benefits we get, including time off, BCBS insurance, and more.

Cons

Tenured employees will get the "day shift" first (most often) but if you put in your time and effort, you can get a day shift if its what you're looking for. Lunches are based on call volume, so they aren't usually at the same time daily.

July 17, 2019HR Generalist

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We care deeply for our team members and are committed to offering competitive packages and work/life balance.

3. "A Company that is Here to Help"

Current Employee - Sales in Roanoke Rapid, NC

I have been working at AAA Carolinas full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefits, generous paid time, 401K off and more! Caring people who are here to help others! I have been a member of AAA long before I was employed here.

Cons

When you have over 300 people in a building it is hard to please everyone - but that is the only con I can come up with.

July 17, 2019HR Generalist

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We care about our team members and are committed to offering competitive benefit packages. We are glad to hear that you enjoy working with your team members.

4. "The BEST place to work!"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Roanoke Rapids, NC

I have been working at AAA Carolinas full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Employee benefits, PTO, flexible schedules, the opportunity to grow and have a career.

Cons

No cons - this is a great place to establish a career

Advice to Management

No advice - I have really enjoyed working here and I would recommend it to anyone looking to expand their customer service skills.

July 17, 2019HR Generalist

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that you enjoy your employment with AAA. We strive to provide schedules that offer much needed work/life balance. We appreciate your feedback and will share your comments with our leadership team.

5. "Feels Like Home"

Current Employee - Travel Manager

I have been working at AAA Carolinas full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Coming to work is like an extension of home, and I do not dread it. Sure there are stressful times, but you’ll have that anywhere you are. If you’re looking for somewhere to start your career, or to continue it, AAA Carolinas is a fantastic place to be.

Cons

Depending on what line of business you are in, you may have to work hours outside of 9-6 in the beginning.

AAA Carolinas2019-07-12

July 17, 2019HR Generalist

Thank you for your thoughtful review! We appreciate hearing about your personal experience and are glad to learn that you are passionate about serving our AAA members.

6. "GREAT PLACE TO WORK!"

Current Employee - Compliance Specialist

I have been working at AAA Carolinas full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great culture about helping others, benefits packages are above average, total compensation is above average. 401(k) match is superb.

Cons

Pay may be lower than normal but total compensation makes up for it.

AAA Carolinas2019-07-10

July 10, 2019Team Lead

Thank you for sharing your feedback. AAA Carolinas is committed to offering competitive pay and benefit packages. We will share your comments with our corporate leadership team.

7. "Alright"

Former Employee - Claims

I worked at AAA Carolinas full-time

Pros

great people to work with

Cons

low pay and limited training

AAA Carolinas2019-06-29

July 5, 2019Team Lead

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience working at AAA Carolinas. We strive to provide competitive salary packages. We will share your comments with our leadership team.

"If you have a Servant's Heart... This is the place for you."

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at AAA Carolinas full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

1. The Brand- AAA is known for serving people. We provide Peace of Mind. It's wonderful to be connected to a company that cares. 2. Culture- AAA creates and cultivates a culture of serving. It's the essence and DNA of the organization. We exist to help people. 3. People- Kindred spirits who share one common goal: To serve and assist.

Cons

Not really a con, but a word of knowledge. To whom much is given, much is required. In other words, because we are a service organization people expect us to be here. So, we do not get all holidays off and snow days are work days because people need us. Serving requires sacrifice.

Advice to Management

Remember: Happy and satisfied employees begets happy and satisfied members.

AAA Carolinas2019-05-03

July 5, 2019Team Lead

Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review! We appreciate hearing about your personal experience and are glad to learn that you are passionate about serving our AAA members and enjoy working with your team members. We care deeply for our team members and strive to ...

"Rude, hr doesn’t listen, I want to file charges"

Former Employee - Travel Agent in Charlotte, NC

I worked at AAA Carolinas full-time for less than a year

Pros

I met a couple of really nice people on outings. Gave me a chance to grow and see what the world was.

Cons

Wow do I have so much to say. While working there I gathered at least 10 pages front and back of everything that was going wrong there and I’m not even talking abou what happened to me which I’ll keep private. Employees are uppity at this location, they talk HORRIBLE about all of their clients. The make fun and cause dramas they act like drama teenagers when they are full grown adults. My boss was selfish. They were all...

Advice to Management

Selfish people, learn to grow up. Hr needs to get their stuff together. I’m serious. There are so many things behind scenes that are completely messed up here.

AAA Carolinas2019-02-14

April 30, 2019Team Lead

Thank you for sharing your concerns -- please know our management team is focused on ensuring all employees are treated fairly and that their opinions are heard. We understand that training and development opportunities are important, along with competitive salary packages. We sincerely ...

10. "Ok"

Former Employee - Emergency Roadside Tech in Raleigh, NC
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at AAA Carolinas full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get to meet all types of people. Work out of a company truck. You can accept tips. Most importantly, I had the chance to help people daily.

Cons

Keeping a high calls per hour rate can be pretty stressful. At my office you weren't assigned a truck, so you are constantly missing things. The scheduling can be ridiculous.

Advice to Management

More so corporate management needs to not forget the the frontline employees.

AAA Carolinas2019-01-23

April 30, 2019Team Lead

Thank you for sharing feedback on your experience working at AAA Carolinas. We care about our team members, and want to make sure their opinions are heard. Your concerns will be shared with our corporate management team.

Found 101 reviews