ADP Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 6 Jul 2020

3.8
ADP CEO Carlos A. Rodriguez
Carlos A. Rodriguez
4,970 Ratings
Pros
Cons
  • "I truly believe there are no cons(in 194 reviews)

• "The sales system is not equal, its all about if upper management likes you(in 144 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews

"Breath of fresh air"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

I have been working at ADP full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture and refreshing to work in a place that encourages a good work/life balance. The people are supportive and genuinely care about each other and clients, the environment is good and I have seen many improvements over the last 12 months that has been based around employee feedback. Employee engagement really matters to ADP and all employees are encouraged to share their views and contribute to improvements.

Cons

Minor challenges such as location and public transport links, these are outweighed by the benefits such as culture, people and office environment.

February 5, 2018Project Specialist

Thank you for the great review of our UK location! #workhappy

2. "Analyst"

Former Employee - Analyst in Hungerford, England

I worked at ADP full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work life balance Fun at work Cultural activities for employees

Cons

There should be increase in onsite opportunities

May 11, 2020

Thank you for sharing your review with us on Glassdoor. We appreciate the time you spent with ADP and are glad you had a positive experience! We value the insights you shared about your time with us.

"Solid company to work for, lacks guidance and vision, too bureaucratic at times"

Current Employee - Internal Recruiter in London, England

I have been working at ADP full-time for more than a year

Pros

Progression opportunities Line & Senior Management Training opportunities Work Life balance

Cons

Too bureaucratic and impersonal at times Lacks vision or at least translation of it to all employees Salary is average and bonus is minor to non-existent Socials are non-existent throughout the year, team bonding as well

December 14, 2018

Thank you for sharing your ADP experience with us on Glassdoor. We appreciate the insights and analysis. Your feedback is valuable to us as we strive to have the best working experience in the industry.

4. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in London, England

I have been working at ADP full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company, great people. Management is great and really take in your thoughts and ideas and encourage you into being pro active with adjusting/changing processes. Work/life balance is great, your not expected to work over time and are not micro managed as you are expected to work autonomously

Cons

Can't think of any at the moment!

October 30, 2017Project Specialist

Thank you for the positive review. #workhappy

5. "Great culture in long established company"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Peterborough, England

I have been working at ADP full-time for less than a year

Pros

Respect for all employees comes right down from the top. CEO and execs making huge efforts to engage with employees and communicate their plans and values. Good attitude to work/life balance and awesome teamwork.

Cons

Giant organisation takes time to change, although on a local level change can happen quickly. Some departments have little urgency to deliver.

May 15, 2017Project Specialist

Thank you for the comprehensive review and positive feedback.

"Teams of great people to work with"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at ADP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Senior Managers based in Central Europe and the US who were responsible for the area I worked in had a clear vision of what they wanted to achieve and the direction the organisation should be travelling in. They were very good at communicating this vision to their teams. The GM is passionate and genuinely wants to introduce process improvements and innovations that will enhance the company performance and improve employees job satisfaction. No micro-management. The teams in the UK are made up of great people to work with who are truly passionate about their roles and doing the best they can. There is a strong sense of Corporate Social Responsibility throughout the organisation with words regularly turned in to actions in the local and wider communities. Good Salary levels, slightly above market rates. Good work life balance.

Cons

Very difficult to make changes, and then to make them stick. UK decision making on non-sales based issues was severely hampered by a lack of clarity about who the final decision makers were. This resulted in an inability to move things forward that was then attributed to lack of progress by the lower level employees. Getting things done can rely too much on knowing how to negotiate the office politics rather than the right answer.

April 17, 2017Project Specialist

Thank you for the thoughtful and comprehensive review. This review gives us great insight into the landscape of ADP England and is appreciated.

"Turning a Tanker"

Former Employee - Implementation Consultant in Cheadle, North West England, England

I worked at ADP full-time for more than a year

Pros

No micro management Decent junior pay and benefits Great work life balance - No expectations of overtime Balance your own workload Easy going teams

Cons

Summary.... Don't come to ADP and expect to make changes (there are hoops you didn't even know existed!) - Great place to coast along, wait out retirement or build up experience... Unfortunately, restrictive for those wanting more. No Training - Expected to implemented products with no product training Reluctance to Change - Mainly by long term managers/employees, who don't necessarily have the wider experience to bring about large scale change Few Processes High Turnover Poor Products No Progression Culture? Focus on South Office

January 23, 2017Project Specialist

Thank you for your perceptive review. We appreciate you taking the time to review the Cheadle office as it is one of our most important locations and you thoughts on the training need within the organization.

8. "Good, especially for a large company"

Current Employee - Sales in Chertsey, England

I have been working at ADP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Training, market research, pay structure and earnings potential. Work/Life balance Work with professional, pleasant people.

Cons

As with many larger organisations, change takes a lot of time. Some management tools seem like like lip service, too much made of associates working in naturally busy territories.

"Used to be better..."

I have been working at ADP full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

work-life balance is good, lots of nice friendly people who care, nice environment, great training schemes.

Cons

Massive influx of idiots who don't care enough; too many CV builders who don't hang around to see the consequences of their dumb ideas. Pace is a little pedestrian. management never learn from mistakes. Technology a little antiquated.

"Good place to grow"

I worked at ADP full-time

Pros

Great learning possibilities, great training in the sales. good work life balance good salaries. Stable steady organisation. Bright people worked in my team.

Cons

too slow to act multiple acquisition are confusing as many countries have their own tools service offering, then there are multinational ones. can lead to internal competion... and unclarity with clients.

Found 858 reviews