ADP Employee Reviews about "work life balance"
78% would recommend to a friend
(1983 total reviews)
88% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great benefits and longevity with a company who's credit rating always renamed above the entire country itself." (in 1363 reviews)
- "Flexible and good work life balance" (in 1033 reviews)
- "You will feel like you have great support and people to guide you to where you need to be." (in 817 reviews)
- "Been working for Adp going 3 years now and the culture is great.. the managers especially mine is very suportive" (in 816 reviews)
- "Great training and helpful on boarding" (in 597 reviews)
Found 1,983 of over 20K reviews
Updated 30 Nov 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "work life balance"Return to all Reviews
- 4.024 Oct 2013Vice PresidentFormer Employee, more than 10 years
If you are inspired by stretch assignments and always personally growing then ADP is the place for you. Great Talent Management strategy Inspiring senior leaders The leaders really care about their assoicates Work life balance is achievable and is part of the culture even at the higher levels.
Slow to evolve- silos still exist Executive team is still predominantly male faster global intergration needed1
- 5.023 Mar 2015District Manager Human Resources/BPO SalesCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsNew York, NY
ADP has offered me a promising career in sales, backed by world-class training and support from sales management. But the job is not for everyone - you must treat your sales career at ADP as the owner of your own ADP franchise and take ownership and accountability of your performance. Hunters with a entrepreneurial spirit will win, because they are backed by a superior product delivered by an industry leader. I started at ADP in SBS Sales (solutions for employers with under 50 employees) and was given an historically weak territory to start. You might hear from other reviews that opportunities are not distributed fairly - but those are just excuses for failure. I struggled at first but once I proved my ability to sell, my territory and overall sales opportunity was improved immediately (managers want to put the best players in the best territories - this is a business after all) Compensation plans are competitive with the industry - but most importantly, are tied to performance standards and the company's overall growth strategy (example: Unit requirements for president's club tied to marketshare growth) - The people who find a way to win are never complaining about their W2. I have since grown from SBS Sales to HR/BPO Sales - after I recognized a growing opportunity and took the initiative towards that position. You must be in the driver seat of your career - the resources for growth are there if you look/ask for them. I now run my own business at ADP - yes I have a quota and a manager to answer to, but if you demonstrate your ability to execute on corporate initiatives and produce results, micromanagement will be non-existent and you will find yourself making your own hours and enjoying a work/life balance. Again, sales is not for everyone, especially in this organization. But if you have what it takes and are looking to sell for an industry leader that empowers it's sales people with the training, support, and sales tools - then ADP is a great place to start.
Navigating the politics that come with any sales environment can be difficult. Especially when your career aspirations and your direct manager's interests may not be aligned. Don't be afraid to reach out to individuals in other business units, and more tenured sales reps for mentorships (yes, you have to be willing to ask for help)4
- 4.05 Jun 2020Engagement LeaderCurrent EmployeeAlpharetta, GA
Most implementation team members are remote so there is a natural understanding of the need to balance work with life.
Some clients can be stressful and implementations can last longer than anticipated.ADP Response4y
We appreciate the review and rating. Thank you for sharing your experience. We are happy to hear that you are experiencing a great work/life balance.
- 5.021 Apr 2019User Experience DesignerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearRoseland, NJ
• Great culture - the people make ADP one of the best places I've worked. • Work life balance is real here and not just used to get employees in the door. As long as you get your work done you can leave by 5/5:30 and enjoy your time outside of the office. Typical working hours were 8:30-5ish but vary depending on the manager. • Many opportunities for learning (Lynda.com, tuition reimbursement, etc.) • Good cafeteria and Starbucks on premises.n • Lots of walking trails to use on campus to recharge and get fresh air! • Short term and long term goals of company are clear to all employees and progress is communicated effectively through regular town halls and email communication.
• Lack of off-cycle promotions. Yearly reviews happen late summer and if you're not promoted at that time you typically have to wait a full cycle or two even if you're doing the job above you before then. • Not a technology company YET but definitely on the right path. • Pay could be a bit more competitive to attract and retain top talent. • Benefits are a bit costly for a family. • Annual performance pay increases aren't very high (2-3%).1ADP Response5y
Thank you for sharing your ADP experience with us on Glassdoor. We appreciate the insights and thoughtful analysis. Your feedback is valued.
- 3.06 Jul 2015Implementation SpecialistFormer EmployeeRockville, MD
I was able to work at home so for me it was a good life and family balance. They offer FSA benefits.
I was with ADP for 17 years. They changed their direction every 2 years. As an employee you never felt like they had a real direction and plan. This was on the benefits side. They had to keep downsizing because they were not being productive. They were letting the more experienced employees go because they had the hire salaries.2
- 3.014 Feb 2022Client Service RepresentativeCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsAlpharetta, GA
They take care of and look out for their employees. Fairly good benefits and you can roll over 40 hours of PTO per year. Members of your team are always there to help and have your back. Your teammates want you to succeed.
Very underpaid for the work you do. So many team members and others company-wide leaving to accept similar positions at rival companies for much higher pay. People that leave aren't replaced and you're expected to pick up the slack with has led to extreme burnout and stress among employees. Interacting with other departments and needing things from them is too political and almost impossible to get anything done without a manager or director stepping in to escalate. You'll spend half your days in meetings and unable to get your work done and then your manager will ask why your work isn't done. Work/life balance isn't great and it's not unusual to have to work past end of shift.2ADP Response2y
Thank you for your insights and assessment regarding your time with ADP. We appreciate you taking the time to invest in writing this review. Your experience and review help us to improve our overall processes and will be shared with our leaders.
- 5.027 Feb 2019Sales AssociateCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsPittsburgh, PA
Work from home, wonderful management and amazing incentive trips!
I wish they would allow more people to work from home, I am lucky enough to be able to but many aren't. It allows me awesome work/life balance and saves me from a 45 min+ commute each way!ADP Response5y
Thank you for the fantastic review and sharing your ADP experience with us on Glassdoor! #workhappy
- 5.017 May 2022District ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearAllentown, PA
This is one of the first jobs I have where work/life balance is important and valued. There is definitely A balance in working hard and collaborating with your team to succeed and reach your goals, making that work/life balance more realistic. Health benefits, dental, 401k, vision, and stock plan are all available day 1 of hire and start shortly after onboarding.
Lack of organization between business units can be frustrating when trying to perform daily tasks.ADP Response2y
We really appreciate hearing from current associates and are happy to hear that you are having a great experience with us. And don’t forget about our Associate Referral Program – monetary bonuses for hired, eligible referrals that join you at ADP!
- 1.026 Aug 2020Implementation Specialist - PayrollFormer Employee, less than 1 yearMaitland, FL
Option to work remotely during Covid Gym and cafeteria on office location Great 11 Week training program to prep you for your job The work itself is enjoyable Potential bonuses (depending on department performance) It COULD offer you a great work life balance (see cons and comments for reasons on my phrasing)
They do not give you a workload that can be done in a 40 hour work week Discouraged OT during Covid, but expected you to complete all your work within a 40 hour work week. You may think the 40K they are offering you is great, until you hear that a few years back, the tenure employees (Earning an average of 50k for the work) were given forced retirement. They hired in a brand new, younger workforce at A LOT less of a salary (40k). Just keep that in mind Because of the workload, it may require some employees to work off the clock. The company plays dumb about this, but they definitely know it’s going on (This is illegal on the companies part)8ADP Response4y
Thank you for bringing these situations to our attention and we are sorry to hear about this experience. ADP prides itself on creating and maintaining a workplace where employees work in a professional environment and are treated fairly. We appreciate your feedback and advice and we would like to hear more about your specific situation so that we can review your concern completely. Please contact our Associate Relations team at email@example.com
- 5.02 Mar 2018Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Great place to work with talented people
A company that employees often work to hard and work life balance can be difficult sometimesADP Response6y
Thank you for the awesome and positive review. #workhappy.