ADT Security Services Core Commercial Sales Representative Reviews

Updated 19 Jul 2016

2.2
ADT Security Services CEO Jim DeVries (no image)
Jim DeVries
0 Rating

"OMG THE ENDLESS MEETINGS"

Former Employee - Core Commercial Account Executive

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Training - the commercial sales training was very good. There was also a lot of pressure to sell, which can be helpful if done right. The local sales manager TC was positive and relentless and fun.

Cons

Constant meetings that took time out of the field. Install department that was perpetually behind and slapdash. Referrals are salesperson's life and install routinely undermined relationships I'd struggled to build.

"ADT SALES JOBS"

Former Employee - SMALL BUSINESS, and CORE COMMERCIAL SALES Representative in Syracuse, NY

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

ADT is the #1 security provider in the world. The company is legit and is extremely more advanced than any of their competition. Monitoring is the focus. Great atmosphere.

Cons

The sales force has more reps than necessary, and every man for themselves. The training is extremely unorganized and non efficient.

"Poor management"

Former Employee - Core Commercial Sales Representative in Washington, DC

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay is okay, they spent a lot of money on training their sales people.

Cons

When I started I thought WOW this company really wants its employees to succeed. They sent us to training in Denver for 10 days! It was only sales training which I already had 8 years experience. They did little to no product training, which is very important because you are supposed to be securing peoples homes and businesses.

4. "Commercial Sales"

4.0
    Former Employee - Core Commercial Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent team attitude, experienced reps always available to assist newer reps Excellent training program Training wage for first 3 months (similar to being paid a commission on top of salary while you train) Excellent web tools for CRM and product information Excellent benefits

Cons

Very high quotas and pressure for the amount of commissions paid Worked for 3 sales mgrs in 2yrs in same dept Install techs dragged installs out to accumulate more hours affecting rep's relationship w/ customer

"Now Tyco Integrated Security"

Current Employee - Core Commercial Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good people for the'most part. Sales team is very good. If you work hard they treat you very good.

Cons

Ops/Installation!! You work hard building a relationship and sometimes it seems like install is in the twilight zone collecting their paycheck.

Continue reading

"Good products to sell, good luck learning internal, cumbersome, time wasting systems."

Current Employee - Core Commercial Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

State of the art products to sell because of partnerships with all the manufactures. ADT doesn't make anything.

Cons

Do quotes, look up data, need hands on training, good luck. All systems and their network are slow and overloaded. Big, big time wasters and will not change because of cost.

Continue reading

"Hire 'em in masses, train 'em in classes, fire their *****! (Actual quote)"

Current Employee - Core Commercial Sales Representative in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

In the day the medical benefits were great! They saved our bacon. The opportunity to gain product knowledge is unparalleled.

Cons

Policies change just about every quarter. The strategic business planning and subsequent execution is about 15 years behind.

"Think twice"

1.0
    Former Employee - Core Commercial Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, great sales people around me. Training is awesome.

Cons

I watched Resi and Small business come and go like a cattle drive with good people. Might as well hang up a revolving door. Core Commercial had awesome sales people that were treated like mules pulling a plow. If you're an old timer with referrals and their advertising call ins you'll make it but it's the lowest moral i've ever seen anywhere. Be prepared to drive 60 plus miles for a door contact. Between all the meetings, etc.. you'll be lucky to go after new business and your terriritoy is probably left from someone that was let go because it's all chopped up. Worst management ever in Dallas!

Continue reading
  9. "Positive Experience with a Dynamic Supervisor"

Core Commercial Account Executive in Houston, TX

I worked at ADT Security Services

Pros

Great benefits, direct management was very positive and supportive. Lots of outside sales tools and freedom. You get back as much as you put into it, if if you understand the processes and are self disciplined about the sales process.

Cons

Installation support was hideous. Once you sold a project there was no telling when it would get installed, how long it might take and how the customer would be treated during the install process. Very poor communication and follow through. Better trained sales people (me) and a more professional install team would help.

"Is a Shame"

Core Commercial Sales Representative

I have been working at ADT Security Services

Pros

Benefits are good, you can transfer almost anywhere after one year. Has a great reputation, gets you in the door.

Cons

The internal workings hurt the Sales force. I have never worked in a company that treats the Sales force like step children. The base salary is insane for the amount of work you have to put in to get anywhere near Quota. The Sales force has to design the system, make the floorplan, collect the money, make sure the equipment is ordered in a timely manner, make sure installation goes there in a timely manner. Deal with all customer issues, work on 6 different systems to create the job. And when you have time, sell new business.

Found 18 reviews