ADT Security Services Customer Service Representative Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Find jobs for Customer Service Representative

ADT Security Services Customer Service Representative Reviews

Updated 20 Jan 2020

2.5
ADT Security Services CEO Jim DeVries (no image)
Jim DeVries
  1. "Review for ADT services"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Irving, TX

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

It has a diverse work environment

Cons

Pay Is okay somewhat but depends on experience

ADT Security Services2020-01-06
  2. "this place will suck your soul out and spit it back out when theyre done with it"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in West Henrietta, NY

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

there are about 2 managers there that actual might care ; if you are lucky enough to get them your job will still suck but they might make it bearable

Cons

over worked and underpaid will get your hopes up about moving up in the company (probably wont happen) will pull you off the phone to help agents and not get paid to do so the rules change everyday (some days you can eat at your desk some days its illegal; some days they will SERVE you food at your desk and other days its unacceptable). It is a popularity contest and the managers only care about you when they feel they can benefit from you. if you have something going on that they cant understand in their corporate brains, its viewed as not important. You can get into an accident up the street from them and they will still penalize you for not going to work that day lol this place is a legit joke. it doesnt matter how long you worked there or how well you worked while you were there.

Advice to Management

Start caring about your employees! People have lives and things they deal with. All of management literally can miss as many days as they want yet agents on the phone get chewed out for being late. I watched managers on the floor go home with the sniffles and people like me work crazy amounts of overtime and no one appreciates it. They will also lie to Dept of Labor to not disperse unemployment benefits. I watched managers and Unit Managers get away with letting certain things slide and go under the rug but other people get their butt to kiss. start appreciating the agents on the phone because they are the reason you all are able to walk around passing out cupcakes while agents do actual work. the managers there have no respect for peoples personal lives and its actually disgusting. if you call in and say youre gonna be late because you cant find a sitter the person on the phone will guilt trip you and basically tell you to find a way (without offering ANY type of assistance). the employee assistance line is also a joke. it has helped no one in the history of that job. I drove 14 miles to and from work in a car with no windows in the winter time for this stupid job and they turn around and lie on me to save a couple bucks lol THATS who you would be working for this place is a legit joke

ADT Security Services2020-01-20
  3. "Slowly sucking my soul"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at ADT Security Services part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The only pro I have is my schedule. I have a part time set schedule so I have weekends off and do not have to shift bid but they are slowly trying to get rid of all part timers or force them to go to full time.

Cons

Constant ever changes, terrible turn over, management does not even want to be here. Employees have a flavor of the week metric to meet and if you’re not you will be placed on corrective actions.

Advice to Management

Focus on employee moral and less on just putting a butt in a seat.

ADT Security Services2019-12-19
  4. "customer care"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

talking to different people daily

Cons

just being a number not a person

ADT Security Services2019-11-21
  5. "great"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time

Pros

The atmosphere is awesome they always want to help their employees succeed

Cons

I don't have any at this time

ADT Security Services2019-10-17

"Keeping looking for a place they will treat you welll"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Calgary, AB

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Benefits, shared desk/shared germs

Cons

Managment in the last 4 years has decimated all talented staff and is now run by new staff with no product knowledge, customer serivce skills or care for staff. What was once a thriving company is now a shell of poor service

Advice to Management

Hope telus takes over and removes all the damage from the poor leadership

ADT Security Services2019-11-18
  7. "Toxic Environment; HR does not care!!!!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Longwood, FL

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time

Pros

Nothing at this time as a positive.

Cons

Lunch is provided as 2 (15 mins) break, technically no meal break. No time off is provided unless you are with the company for a year. Not understanding to life situations. They don’t really care about the employees.

Advice to Management

HR should not be telling employees that they have a cognitive disability and is unable to do the job. HR is not a neuro psychologist. This is belittling. If someone has a disability they should find ways to accommodate them. You cannot call someone and in pretext say you will be terminating them by a specific day. Learn to encourage and talk to your employees, not discourage them by calling them dumb and telling them they ask too many questions. That’s what someone is suppose to do to get a better understanding. Stop discriminating against people if they are not Latino or Hispanic.

ADT Security Services2019-11-12
  8. "Good Place but Micro managed"

Former Employee - Health Customer Service Representative in Knoxville, TN

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Pay, Good Benefits, and Descent Leadership for the most part. Health is a great specialty department. Extensive training regardless of department.

Cons

A lot of micro managing. Regular customer care can be hectic with a lot to learn. Can be overwhelming.

Advice to Management

Treat the employees with some respect and less like numbers.

ADT Security Services2019-10-04
  9. "Opportunities are there to advance. You just have work hard in the trenches to achieve!"

Current Employee - Inbound Customer Service Representative in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A fair employer that wants to help you succeed; they value employees with a customer focus, be able to adapt to changes in the workplace. It's never boring if you keep up with the changes.

Cons

Pay is not the greatest, but opportunities for overtime.

Advice to Management

Keep up the monthly reviews on employee performance and how important they each are to the company's overall goals.

ADT Security Services2019-09-19
  10. "Must be technically inclined"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Henrietta, NY

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Co-workers were supportive and nice; extras like cupcakes & cookouts; some trainers were excellent, others awful.

Cons

Training for technical product knowledge sucked. No extra help provided even when begged for. No time for assistance once on the floor- everything is timed & monitored. I can’t believe how many more products they’ve added to monitor- they couldn’t handle things before Ring.

Advice to Management

Don’t assume everyone learns the same way. Provide more help when it’s begged for. Don’t be in meetings all day and not at your desk to help your teams.

ADT Security Services2019-09-24