ADT Security Services Outside Sales Representative Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

ADT Security Services Outside Sales Representative Reviews

Updated Nov 7, 2019

2.0
ADT Security Services CEO Jim DeVries (no image)
Jim DeVries
  1. "Management Lacking Leadership"

Former Employee - Residential Outside Sales Representative

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time

Pros

Pay, flexibility, the few preset appointments

Cons

Management, Prospecting, Morale, Training on equipment & conversions

Advice to Management

A leader gives encouragement, verbal affirmations, and acknowledges a job well done, I did not receive that here.

ADT Security Services2019-11-07
  2. "Ok job"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Very flexible. Easy to balance work and life.

Cons

No company support. To much upper management

Advice to Management

Train!

ADT Security Services2019-10-03

"Commission Only Sales"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Big Corporate company with strong product in the market for over 100 years.

Cons

No salary, commission pay only about $150 per sale up to 6, then more after. Hard to get 4 sales per week as everyone already has a alarm or doesn't want one. Real opportunity is new businesses moving in or being taken over. Need to have a good territory, meaning they have money and it's near a major city.

Advice to Management

None. Company is too big so everyone here is a supervisor and just passes down policy that gets made at corporate. Even executive management has to answer to the share holders and investors as is a public company. Best advice is to pay sales salaries to retain talent. $40-50K a year.

ADT Security Services2019-07-02
  4. "Good sales job for starting out"

Outside Sales Representative

I worked at ADT Security Services

Pros

Great leads and support

Cons

100% Commission - no base pay

ADT Security Services2019-01-17

"Be Prepared to Spend Savings"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Las Vegas, NV
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Every now and then you actually can make thousands in a paycheck Flexibility if you're an established performer High level of Sales Support

Cons

Bi-weekly compensation (2017 change) + Commission Only means you can take home less than $500 in a two week period. Bottom tier reimbursments (cell phone, mileage) (think pennies per mile) Position says "outside" sales (be prepared to come into office every morning to report for work) You are not the only "ADT" in the market (enormous "authorized dealer" presence) (think 5 other "ADT's" all with a better... price than you) No salary means you work for free despite having numerous daily and weekly responsibilities Free meetings every day/week Get shown the door for expressing dissatisfaction You will most likely leave this place worse off than when you came,. Be warned (seriously the odds are against you, we see so many people come and go)

Advice to Management

Micro-management is restrictive management. Stop limiting your sales people to one activity simply because "it's the only thing we can keep track of". Needing an answer for poor performance means you're expecting poor performance.

ADT Security Services2017-09-07

"Stay Away"

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Morrisville, NC
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Day begins st 9am, free coffee, and nice facility

Cons

Poor pay, poor leads to call, and wear and tear on vehicle

Advice to Management

Have managers to tell the truth about the job during the interview process.

ADT Security Services2017-03-19

"Worst experience"

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Baltimore, MD

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

None really come to mind

Cons

Zero work life balance which makes like difficult for a single parent. The sales manager was the absolute worst manager I've ever seen. Her vocabulary in her speech and in email was that of a 7th grader. It was embarrassing. She had no business having people working under her. She garnered zero respect from all she managed. She showed clear favoritism in handing out leads, had no management training whatsoever and... fell into the position after a massive firing/layoff and as one of the few left standing. She would steal your own self generated leads behind your back and give them to her favorites. You spend a large portion of your time cold calling and cold door knocking. Every paycheck is inaccurate and takes hours to correct. Their expectation is 60-70 hours a week, including mandatory trade shows and manning a mall kiosk during the holidays. WORST JOB EVER. In my my first 90 days I saw an average of 12 people get hired and quit before their first month was up. The sales manager had zero time with making sure the new hires had the proper training, that after my 1st two weeks were up, I was training the waves of new hires....AS A TWO WEEK VETERAN, haha. If you dont have a family, responsibilities, friends or no life and dont really care about having much money, then this is the job for you.

Advice to Management

Invest in your people, they will make or break you. There's a reason you have a massively decreasing market share and massive employee turnover.

ADT Security Services2017-03-02
  8. "SALES REP"

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

I worked at ADT Security Services part-time for more than a year

Pros

ADT was a great place to work. Good products, great people. I enjoyed helping people with their security needs.

Cons

ADT, They kept changing our pay plan.

Advice to Management

Good people do not stay long, if you lower the pay plain

ADT Security Services2017-01-16

"Custom Home Sales"

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Farragut, TN

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good potential for high income IF you know how to sell, know your product and do not need management in order to be successful. Must be able to work independently!

Cons

NO room for advancement. The companies compensation plan for management is counter productive. It is easier to stay in a sales representative role and make more money. The only upside to move to management is to have a title. I had 6 managers in 3 years and I made more money than all of them.There is nothing worse than having a manager that you are more knowledgeable, driven and successful than and you have to work... for them while they keep you from being successful and earning a living.

Advice to Management

Create a culture that promotes successful individuals and compensate them accordingly.

ADT Security Services2017-01-31

"Outside Sales Representative"

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a 140 year old company with a well known reputation. They are rated number one in the security industry. The co-workers you will meet are amazing. ADT has a knack for hiring excellent employees and then underutilizing them and abusing them.

Cons

The management is negative! They use unprofessional language and use threats to motivate you. Also my personal supervisor did not do his job training me according to company regulations. I was left to find answers myself or constantly bother my coworkers who were happy to help. It's a commission only job where they micromanage your every move.

Advice to Management

Trust your hiring process that the people put in the job will most of the time Reach their goals. They don't need daily reminded what their daily duties are. Look at the big picture. What were their actual sales for the day not how many doors they knocked on or phone calls they made. Stop reading reports, go out in the field and get in touch with the way 2016 BSB sales reps have to communicate with their customers... such as text and email. Understand it can't always be an immediate close that statistics show about 50 percent of the most successful sales reps come from follow ups.

ADT Security Services2016-11-29