ADT Security Services Residential Sales Representative Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

ADT Security Services Residential Sales Representative Reviews

Updated 7 Nov 2019

2.5
ADT Security Services CEO Jim DeVries (no image)
Jim DeVries
1 Rating

"(Residential sales) Worst company I've ever worked for"

Former Employee - Residential Sales Representative in London, England

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company car, pension, I earned good commission if your willing to give up all your time it's definitely for you

Cons

Customers let down constantly, pass the buck culture, no thought for employees, brutal commission structure, insane stress levels, pointless Monday meetings could go on.

Advice to Management

Take a closer look at the residential sales force I joined with 15 people on my training course 1 is still with the company that was only in February just sums it up really

ADT Security Services2017-08-20
  2. "Management Lacking Leadership"

Former Employee - Residential Outside Sales Representative

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time

Pros

Pay, flexibility, the few preset appointments

Cons

Management, Prospecting, Morale, Training on equipment & conversions

Advice to Management

A leader gives encouragement, verbal affirmations, and acknowledges a job well done, I did not receive that here.

ADT Security Services2019-11-07
  3. "It's okay sales job"

Former Employee - Residential Sales Representative in Anaheim, CA

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

You have a lot of flexibility

Cons

Pricing might be an issue when you compete with other ADT authorized dealers

Advice to Management

work out a plan that can be competitive against other dealers

ADT Security Services2019-10-22

"Decent Earning Potential/A lot of Door Knocking"

Current Employee - Residential Sales Representative in Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent commission plan. ADT gives you the tools you need to sell as well as mileage and cell plan reimbursement. Also a great 1st year bonus program.

Cons

A lot of door knocking and required phone time. Must be self-motivated.

ADT Security Services2019-08-13

"Good experience, must find your own sales"

Former Employee - Residential Sales Representative in Wallingford, CT

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good training, the managers care about your success, you aren't terribly micromanaged

Cons

The gas allowance is pitiful and doesn't come close to meeting your expenses or wear and tear on your car. There is no base salary so every month you start from $0 or worse if any of your customers have cancelled.

Advice to Management

Pay a fair gasoline allowance

ADT Security Services2019-01-08
  6. "Residential Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Residential Sales Representative in Concord, CA

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company reputation speaks for itself

Cons

Decreasing amount of opportunity and support

ADT Security Services2018-07-17

"I would work for them again if I hadn't started my own business"

Former Employee - Residential Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

I don't know if it was just the people that I worked for, but I absolutely loved working for this company. I have never worked with a better group of people than the South office in Houston Texas.

Cons

I really don't have anything negative to say about the company

Advice to Management

I would make the prices a little more competitive, to give your sales rep a fighting chance when in the field.

ADT Security Services2018-03-29

"100% commission, HUGE territory, Office Politics Residential SALES position"

Former Employee - Residential Sales Representative in Toronto, ON

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

modest paid training stipend allowance

Cons

100% commission, ... mostly ALL evenings and weekends -- lucky if not 7 days/ week -- always worrying about 'the Hustle' HUGE territory, (i put 95kms on SUV in 9 mos!! + $4000 407 bills every half year just to save time -- because Time was Money!) Office Politics -- if you do not bring in 'Self-generated contracts' on order of 8-10 per month then you are LOCKED out of getting company leads... which you are PROMISED in job interviewing etc..... and unless you are willing to bank YEARS to build up your clientele base to weather this -- OR go door-knocking MANY hours every day (which they are now on the News about BANNING Door-to-door sales of ANY KIND!!!!) Slooooooooow to Respond to competitive Marketplace -- Did NOT react to outside HUGE competitive factors, like a MAJOR New competitor player entering Consumer Marketk Sloooooooow, Archaic AS 400 computer system for Quoting... and 'time is $$' to a 100% commission salesperson!!! Management bickers with each other ... and it's HIGH PRESSURE all the time. Offers Benefits -- 70/30 mix and it's expensive to pay in to. Car allowance was less than $100/ month ... for EVERYTHING... car lease, maintenance, repairs, gas, etc... The month i had to PAY to go to work is when I gave my notice!!! Average cost $800/ month in gas + $500/ mo 407 charges + Repairs and I didn't even have a car payment to worry about!!!

Advice to Management

If you want to EVER slow the 2-3 month turn-style turnover of employees -- START Valuing your Salespeople - Offer a Base Salary of at LEAST $40k/ year.. this is TORONTO/ Greater Toronto Area (the 27th most expensive city in the World to live in, per stats released Jan 24th, 2018) - offer a better car allowance\ - upgrade the Quoting computers

ADT Security Services2018-01-24

"Inaccurate Job Description"

Former Employee - Residential Sales Representative

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Set your own schedule.

Cons

Training Wages are terrible, and not nearly enough to live off of. They promise you leads but the leads are terrible. Manager told me I would not be going door to door, yet that's what I spent the majority of my time doing. You put a lot of miles on your car and the car allowance is pathetic. Terrible experience.

Advice to Management

Make your managers actually go out on calls once the sales reps are able to run company appointments. Most people in my training class had gone out on 5+ appointments before training was over, yet in our office we did not go on one. I never went to an appointment with my manager, which was rather aggravating and the compensation plan is terrible. No wonder there is such a quick turnover rate with residential sales reps.

ADT Security Services2018-01-01

"Be prepared to work!"

Current Employee - Residential Sales Representative

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You have unlimited income potential, you can control your own schedule more than most jobs, fun/exciting job being out in the field instead if sitting behind a desk, truly a job where you help others, great benefits

Cons

Very high if not unreal expectations Manager breathing down your neck Highs and lows until you have a very stable book of business you will sometimes get very low paychecks and even if you are well established sometimes people just arent buying Company aims to sale over the phone before lead is given to you

Advice to Management

Understand most company driven leads arent as good as they look

ADT Security Services2017-10-24