AES Corporation Reviews

Updated 1 Sep 2020

4.4
AES Corporation President & CEO Andrés Gluski
Andrés Gluski
Pros
  • "Flat and collegiate work environment that ensures your opinion counts and you learn new skills while enhancing your current skills(in 25 reviews)

• "Great place to work and great people; excellent innovative approach; great salary/benefits; Safety is value number 1(in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • "This can occasionally hurt work/life balance if unplanned projects require immediate attention(in 26 reviews)

• "slow growth, constant cost cutting,(in 8 reviews)

1. "A dynamic and exciting place to work"

5.0
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at AES Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

AES will support anybody who shows a drive to learn, and willingly moves employees around the business, in line with personal career aspirations. A very stimulating company to work for, especially given the active role AES is taking in the changing nature of energy.

Cons

The usual: long hours, stretched resources, sometimes stressful.

Continue reading
  2. "Good company to work ..."

I have been working at AES Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

AES Provides you with multiple opportunities. It provides you with freedom to work and perform.

Cons

At times difficult to maintain work life balance especially if you work across regions.

"No one in the driving seat"

2.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at AES Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Salary is good. Local management is knowledgeable and understanding. Safety culture is second to none.

Cons

No corporate governance. No corporate vision. Corporate goals change almost annually - There is no long term planning. Upper management routinely ignore input from their technical people on technical problems. Outsourcing is often forced however the companies brought in are not always capable of delivering. Unnecessary non-safety risks are ignored.

Internal Communications

Thanks for leaving a review. Your feedback is important to us. Our industry is undergoing a massive transformation which requires us to be agile and move quickly to take advantage of new opportunities. We encourage all AES people to reach out to their manager or HR if they have any questions about our strategic direction and associated goals. Thanks for your continued contributions.

4. "Supportive, professional workplace"

I have been working at AES Corporation full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Cooperative, respectful and congenial work environment, respectful of work/life balance particularly for an American company. Work can be pressured, but it's generally team-oriented and supportive.

Cons

Little growth in the company over the years and few prospects for growth in the medium term mean that opportunities may be limited for all but the highest flyers.

Internal Communications

Thanks for leaving a review. Our people’s feedback is important to us and we try to be responsive when possible. As a global organization, there are many opportunities for our people to grow whether it is taking on a new role or a new project. We encourage all AES people to talk to their manager and HR business partner to discuss their development plan and potential opportunities.

"Overall review"

I have been working at AES Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lot's of opportunities for on the job training and learning Opportunities to work in a multinational environment New technologies are in use and are available Competitive salary

Cons

Treatment of the employees is not equal. Depends a lot on the department and department lead.

Internal Communications

Thank you for your review. AES’ Values have always been a part of our company and are fundamental to how we conduct business around the world and they provide our people a common framework. The AES Helpline is a confidential, independently administered resource available 24 hours a day 7 days a week. The AES Helpline may be used to ask questions or to report any violation of our Values or other concern you may have, and all reports are fully investigated. Reports made to the AES Helpline are assigned to investigators with a commitment to objectivity and confidentiality, and in a way that avoids any potential conflict of interest. The AES Helpline also allows you to attach information to a report, which can make an investigation more efficient and effective. A clear statement with details of what you think may be wrong is also important because, while we take your allegations seriously, we can only take remedial action with clear, verifiable information.

6. "Opportunities to create"

5.0

I have been working at AES Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Plenty of opportunities to create and add value A real global network of collaboration Contributions are fairly compensated

Cons

Agility is at an early stage

7. "AES"

I have been working at AES Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have the ability to expand my knowledge participating in new projects apart of my daily activities. The environment is dynamic and a lot of new systems are implemented to increase the efficiency.

Cons

Tight deadlines for upcoming new activities.

8. "Procurement"

Former Employee - Procurement in Ballylumford, Northern Ireland

I worked at AES Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great scope of work and an exciting company to work for in a period of change in the electricity market

Cons

Management structure is poor with little understanding from those based in different countries

9. "Awesome"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at AES Corporation

Pros

Competitive salaries, great and effective management, wonderful benefits and friendly environment. Not forgetting there are is the presence of very diverse culture which is good

Cons

The organisation is too large and u might need a lot of time to know all of your colleagues

10. "Director"

Current Employee - Director in London, England

I have been working at AES Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fun, varied, trusted, competent, dynamic

Cons

Unstable, limited career prospect, questionable ability to deliver strategy, too much internal politics

Found 424 reviews