AEVI Reviews

Updated Jan 24, 2022

Found 24 of over 29 reviews

4.5
AEVI Managing Director Mike Camerling (no image)
Mike Camerling

88 Comments

Finance

29.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=AEVI~1756754
Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years
    Featured Review

Great company, Better Culture, Unique Solutions

Jan 10, 2022 - Pre-Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

AEVI truly believes in treating its employees well and doing the right thing. This is often hard to achieve in a remote first world where the employees are broken up across multiple time zones. AEVI tries to keep things transparent and honest while making you feel connected to the overall mission.

Cons

Hardware payment solutions are often complicated and can often take a long time to bring to market.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great fin-tech place to work for payment professionals

Jun 14, 2021 - Senior Consultant in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Smaller organisation with enhusiastic professionals Innovative products in card payments Larger well known customer base to work with Flexible working patterns Exponential growth offers faster career progress for employees

Cons

Fast growing organisation brings dynamic org structure

CEO

Thanks for your review! We’re definitely enthusiastic and very passionate about what we do, and it shows - we’re already making a big difference in the Payments world! Being a smaller organisation for us is a plus – it means that everyone who joins us can make an impact and see the value they bring.

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

AEVI

Sep 24, 2021 - Solution Architect
    Business Outlook

Pros

Exciting and fast-moving environment to work in. Lots of opportunities for growth and expansion. Friendly, supportive and highly knowledgeable team to work with.

Cons

It is a highly technically complex infrastructure. You don't always get the time you need to investigate technical issues. This results in having to work under pressure.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fun, fast paced, innovative FinTech business

Jun 2, 2021 - People Team in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I joined AEVI during lockdown which was a very strange time to start a new role, I have found them to be a super friendly, who really want to progress their business. The culture is informal and flexible and it feels like the people who work there really care about the future of the business

Cons

I honestly can't that there any so far

CEO

Really great to read this – thanks for your feedback! It must have been hard to change roles at such a strange time - but we’re glad you did and I’m very happy to hear you were made to feel very welcomed.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Growing company and the best job ever!

May 12, 2021 - Office Manager and EA in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great Co-Workers - Family culture & great office banter - Leadership down to earth and approachable - Feel valued and supported. Leadership have time for everyone. - Flexible to the needs of employees - Positive attitude from Management - Expectations are clear

Cons

A company in growth with no cons.

CEO

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. Delighted to hear that you feel valued, and that leadership is approachable. We are approachable because we care; our people are what make us AEVI.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Dynamic and Challenging

Apr 20, 2021 - Senior Business Controller in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you enjoy an agile work environment, then this is the company for you. This company likes to progress staff and ensure that you do not remain in the same role for years. A company that is only just 5 and half years old is already making large strides.

Cons

Pre 2021, the company was restrained by it ultimate parent company, but now it is virtually autonomous though still being in the same group.

CEO

Thank you for your review – you’re right; we now have the autonomy we need to move quickly in this fast-moving market space, whilst still having the backing of a well-established parent company and other Fintech shareholders.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Best company I worked for

Mar 5, 2021 - Vice President Operations in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility on all levels. Gives employees both the opportunity and the resources to realise great ideas. Great atmosphere. Exciting new products. Startup spirit.

Cons

AEVI is a startup that re-invents itself at fast pace. This comes with maturity challenges.

CEO

Great to read this! We are growing quickly thanks to our Mastercard investment, and ensuring we mature in line with our growth, whilst retaining our start up spirit, is a top focus for us – we have made big strides in this direction already…

8. 2.0
    Former Employee

Great potential

Mar 15, 2021 - Product Manager in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of ambition and drive

Cons

Too many managers without relevant understanding.

CEO

We’re sorry to hear you don’t recommend AEVI, but I will have to disagree with you on the ‘too many managers without relevant understanding’ point – we’re very proud of all our AEVI’ators – I believe we have a brilliant bunch of people here at AEVI and together we’re achieving great things!

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good company with lots of potential

Jan 27, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great people to work with - Nice culture - Lots of progress in past years

Cons

- Slow decision making - Lack of product and tech resources - Nice culture is sometimes too nice

CEO

Thanks for your feedback – and I agree – we have a great culture! The speed of our decision making has definitely improved, and we are ensuring the right people hear about the right decisions. Product is a major focus for us in 2021; we are investing heavily in this team and we have just hired a new SVP Product Management. We believe our product push will show great results for us in 2021.

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great team

Jan 25, 2021 - Tester in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

You get involved in a lot

Cons

There is no Career progression

CEO

Thanks for your feedback – providing growth opportunities to our people is really important to us as we want to create a culture where learning, self-development and inquisitiveness are the norm; our People team are focusing in 2021 on ensuring there are clear career paths in the business, and the first steps have already been implemented.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 24 Reviews