AKQA Reviews

Found 764 of over 868 reviews

3.9
AKQA CEO Ajaz Ahmed
Ajaz Ahmed
Pros
  • "Great people, shared values and good family friendly culture(in 56 reviews)

• "I've also experienced the best work/life balance out of the 5 agencies I've worked at(in 36 reviews)

• Cons
  • "When you're striving for excellence it can mean long hours but that's the nature of the industry and we all work together to try and solve for this(in 61 reviews)

• "Work/life balance close to non-existent(in 54 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

The warmest of welcomes

Oct 12, 2021 - Client Services in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

They have really embraced the WFH model and work really hard to make it as smooth as possible for newbies, given that we’re all working remotely. The people team are great and go out of their way to ensure you have everything you need. It’s a company full of incredibly intelligent and passionate people from a variety of backgrounds. No egos, just a humble confidence where the work is king.

Cons

So far, nothing to report here.

2. 5.0

Culture, passion and creativity

Oct 12, 2021 - Client Services
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Industry leading clients. - Passionate, ambitious, friendly and supportive culture that help nurture talent and the work.

Cons

No real cons to highlight, more care points: - Hours can be long [to be expected during peaks when delivering work on such a large scale] - Starting and working remotely is both positive [great flexibility], but also negative [longer to embed and forge relationships]

3. What people are saying about AKQA

Join the conversation on

Advertising

30K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/advertising/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Reviews&utm_term=AKQA~23381
      Join the conversation on
    4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Brilliant people and people first

Aug 17, 2021 - Senior User Experience Designer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

AKQA has the highest concentration of talents in my experience, and the quality of work is second to none. Almost all the colleagues I worked with in different studios are great at their jobs and super nice. We have the opportunity to work with not only the world’s biggest and well-knowing brands, but also non-profit organizations to make positive impacts to the world. The company cares about its people and does everything they can to grow and support them.

Cons

Career progression path wasn’t clear for the past few years, but got better recently. Head of the department role was missing for a long time. Client’s internal deadlines can pass onto us easily and result in long hours sometimes.

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Incredibly welcoming team, very exciting projects

Aug 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Surrounded by fascinating, ambitious people who help you grow. The clients and the work on offer is second to none.

Cons

Recent hire and amidst lockdown so nothing major. Hoping that more people will come into the office to get a better sense of camaraderie and teamwork.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Best Creative Adgency

Aug 2, 2021 - Associate Creative Director in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- A company that absolutely cares about employees. The Work from home policies over the last year and half due to the pandemic really enhanced that point even more. We could really seen everyone looked after each other. -A great leadership, making sure you'll find your goal, reach them, and going beyond. - A portfolio of world class clients. Always opened to break the creative innovation fronteers.

Cons

- I guess as everywhere, in big scale studios the communication can be a bit complex between all the differents departments.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

A perfect studio

Jul 19, 2021 - Principal Web Developer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly and supportive culture, plenty of opportunities to grow as a specialist and as a leader, a company that is driven by purpose and vision, clients that you can dream of.

Cons

Can't think of any cons.

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Business analyst

Jul 21, 2021 - Business Analyst in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great location in the heart of the city.

Cons

Long hours and remuneration not great.

9. 5.0

Good first month at AKQA London

Jun 28, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Welcoming environment from peers and management Helpful with relocation Impressive creative/tech

Cons

I had slightly higher compensation offers elsewhere, but I chose AKQA for the more interesting work

10. 5.0

Amazing

Jun 28, 2021 - Senior Graphic Designer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing team, everyone is super enthusiastic, motivated and inspiring. Also great client management.

Cons

Being remote can be limiting to some degree.

11. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great talent but terrible management

Apr 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Super talented people Good benefits Everyone is friendly and welcoming

Cons

Long hours, poor communication, hard to progress in your role or get a raise, also management cares more about money and image than good work or making sure their team is happy.

2 people found this review helpful

AKQA Response

Managing Director

Thank you for your feedback. Our desired ambition is to humbly pursue the quest of being a never-ending work-in-progress. As a company and together as a team. We're incredibly appreciative and proud of you, every individual and character which comprises this team, the positive vibes and care we extend to each other, and the extraordinary focus on the craft to push the world's next impossible. That's our simple formula: Do great work, care for each other, and care for our clients. And through this momentum, we are also proud to have unlocked a new all-time studio record of promotions and growth opportunity for this team. But equally, we remain humbly focussed. With fairness and resolve, and with care for each other as we each grow higher as a team. You have our commitment we will continue to push each other as colleagues, elevate each other, and help grow each other to achieve nothing short of the highest bars we haven't thought previously attainable. We will not be perfect, but we will go high and push for the best. That we promise! Thank you for the incredible work. ron@akqa.com, Managing Partner, AKQA

Viewing 1 - 10 of 764 Reviews