ARV Solutions Reviews

Updated 11 May 2021

Found 14 of over 14 reviews

4.9
ARV Solutions Managing Director and Founder Jim Roach (no image)
Jim Roach
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Another year and what a fantastic year

11 May 2021 - Associate Director in Bristol, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Jim Roach, our MD is our biggest asset. When the pandemic hit in March 2020 he worked tirelessly to reassure all employees that their jobs were safe and this proved to be correct. In what has to be the strangest year that I can remember our company has prospered and so have the people within it. Four promotions of people to Associate Director to name just four promotions. The introduction of ARVIEW, our video based interview platform and client recruitment portal has been a game changer. Really looking forward to a return to the office on a more flexible basis as I will never return 5 days per week which has given me a great work life balance. Team bonuses continue to increase my earnings above those earned based on personal billings. 2021 is flying with great figures being turned in from all divisions - life is good!

Cons

There are no real downsides other than the effect our food culture has on my stomach or is it the last year spent too near the fridge.

Managing Director

Thank you. It was great to be able to reward senior staff with well earned promotions. Our staff got us through 2020 better than all expectations, and has lead to the strong and continuing success into 2021! Maybe we need to look more closely at promoting healthy eating!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Free Food - nuff said

10 May 2021 - Associate Director in Bristol, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

A transparent business with clearly set goals and excellent reward structure True family feeling, regular socials and a closely knit team A diverse team covering a wide age range and taste in, music(?) Flat management structure, ideas are heard across all levels Training and development, access to internal and external training courses including industry accredited training Free sandwiches on Fridays Clearly defined career pathway with routes to suit your preferences A specialist and market leading agency, very interesting work and interesting people that do it!

Cons

Matthew's sock policy Graham sometimes work from home, so I don't get to see him as much as I'd like to Sue is far too good at quizzes, honestly, don't even try unless you're on her team Phoebe gives me constant car envy because she's got a TOP WHIP Jim only has his annual BBQ once a year

Managing Director

Thank you for the review! Our culture is absolutely key to our success - not just a "nice to have". I won't comment on socks, but it's nice to see more people back in the office more often! We are fortunate to have the space, as well as proper systems, to do this well, and to keep everyone safe.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Not your typical recruitment agency, the best company i have worked for!

10 May 2021 - Account Manager in Bristol, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

A real family culture where everyone helps everyone. Amazing training from experts within the industry. Regular social events Free breakfast rolls on a Friday

Cons

None, would highly recommend to anyone who is looking to take their first steps in to recruitment or to anyone who has previous experience within recruitment who is looking to learn a new & exciting different industry!

Managing Director

Thank you for the review! It's only a little thing, but i've been getting the bacon sarnies in ever since we had moved into a real office, and it has become a flag that represents so much more about us. We've also supported several small local businesses supplying the goods over the years.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Investors in People - Leader of the Year

4 Sep 2019 - Recruiter in Bristol, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Once again our Managing Director, Jim Roach has made the final shortlist for one of the prestigious Investor in People Awards - Leader of the Year. Jim previously won The Peoples Award for Manager of the Year in 2017 (Investors in People).

Cons

No negatives except for my waistline from our love of food treats

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Best place I have ever worked

27 Jun 2016 -  in Bristol, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Family feel to the company A great Director that believes in you and cheers you on from the sidelines Support and guidance always offered, very much an open door policy. No question is a stupid question! Training and development No KPI's or cold calling, just doing the best we possibly can for our clients and candidates Treated like an adult and trusted to get on with your work not checked on constantly Interesting sector to work in, trade shows, conference and meetings to attend and learn more Great benefits - Breakfast sandwiches on Friday's, gym membership, days off for charity work, magazine subscriptions and more Social activities Friendly team to work in

Cons

Too many treats, lunches out and bacon sandwiches - getting a little fat, have to go to the gym more!

3 people found this review helpful

Managing Director

Thank you for the review. We do have free fruit as a healthy option, and provide free gym membership for all staff that want it. Hopefully you will take this up - though we all know you have to go too!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Friendly team, great ethics, happy clients

13 Feb 2018 - Marketing Coordinator in Bristol, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive, friendly atmosphere Proper team environment, relatively flat structure Excellent business approach and strong ethics which trickle down from management through to the whole company Colleagues are approachable and personable Professional staff, many are highly experienced in their field Happy clients, highly regarded company. Year on year growth Specialist - leading its market niche Regular team meetings and appraisals, feel like my voice is heard Lots of benefits - flexible working, social events, gym membership! Informal dress policy is a godsend Work/life balance is respected

Cons

Bradley Stoke is not the most attractive town and traffic can be a pain Employees need to be prepared to travel to events on occasion and sometimes work longer hours or stay away from home

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Old School Recruiters Be Aware!

14 Aug 2017 - Divisional Lead in Bristol, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

A nurturing environment where you will be encouraged to self-develop A cliche BUT there is no I in TEAM No managers - a bottom up style of leadership No activity or monetary targets / monthly / quarterly / annually Treated like a grown up Supported financially with team and individual bonuses that reflect not simply the personal achievement but also the individual An attitude that we have 2 customers who are equally important - candidates and clients A culture that encourages people to think about outcomes

Cons

Will not suit recruiters or new recruits that need a "carrot and stick" approach If you want to manage and not lead its not the place for you Don't bother joining if you are selfish

Managing Director

Thank you for the positive review - not as easy promoting leadership above old school management though it is so much more effective. more of the same coming up - and hopefully a sprinkling of better too!

8. 5.0

Great Recruitment Agency with a refreshing business model

31 Mar 2016 - Director in Bristol, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Genuinely professional and ETHICAL recruitment business. The approach is to be service lead rather than sales lead. Most business is referral or repeat, or from our reputation as market leaders in our growing niche. Not lead by numbers - more so by quality

Cons

Training is currently more hands on and mentoring focussed to date. A more formal structure (which is being developed as a priority in 2016) would be beneficial.

Managing Director

Culture is key! We will be re-visiting and reaffirming our vision which is core to our culture shortly - I feel a bit like it is renewing our vows!?

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Excellent Family Orientated Employer

14 Aug 2017 - Divisional Lead - Construction in Bristol, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Knowledge led sales approach rather than hard nosed, aggressive cold calling that comes with many recruitment agencies Flexible family orientated employer Excellent benefits, including free gym membership, quarterly nights out, free breakfast sandwiches on a Friday, pension and magazine subscriptions Real team environment Office Manager is a keen baker which means we get lots and lots of cake!

Cons

As its a growing business processes can sometimes be a little blurred but this is to be expected

10. 5.0

Not a typical Recruitment Company

12 Apr 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very focussed on building and maintaining relationships with clients and candidates, rather than short-term gains. This means a lot of repeat business with clients and candidates returning time after time. Staff not driven by KPIs, more interested in positive outcomes with a long term prospect. Good attitude to keeping motivated and healthy workforce.

Cons

Not ideal if you prefer KPIs and if you prefer a city centre location it won't be for you.

3 people found this review helpful

Managing Director

Thank you for this positive review. I believe it is too often the case that agencies focus on their own short term financial success foremost, at the expense of candidates and clients. Misplaced and enforced KPIs perpetuate this. By trying to put clients and candidates needs to the fore we end up with successful outcomes anyway, and get increased levels of repeat business. It just takes a bit more thinking through - but so far this year (to June 2016) 73% of our placements are repeat business - the rest are new clients from referrals, trade show meetings, and our social media networking (not a single cold call!)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 Reviews