ASOS Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated 23 Sep 2019

3.2
ASOS CEO Nick Beighton
Nick Beighton
Pros
  • "Free parking, good discount and sample sales(in 71 reviews)

• "Great people to be around when working shifts(in 38 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours, tedious work for little pay(in 27 reviews)

• "Poor communication between team leaders and recruitment agency(in 25 reviews)

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Excellent"

5.0
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at ASOS full-time

Pros

Fun environment to work with, good team spirit

Cons

Long hours, tedious work for little pay

ASOS2019-08-27
  2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Buying Administrative Assistant

I have been working at ASOS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of really nice people. Lots of perks quite a chilled but structured place to work

Cons

Some managers are not that great and can be quite mean. Can work long hours on some buying teams

ASOS2019-09-23

"Does not live up to the hype"

Former Employee - Managerial in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at ASOS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits, fair pay structure, attracts talented people who are good to work with.

Cons

Poor retention of staff, senior management chaotic. Long hours, grown too quickly and lacks good working practices.

ASOS2019-07-04

"ASOS CC Centre"

2.0
    Current Employee - Customer Care in North Watford, England

I have been working at ASOS full-time for more than a year

Pros

40 percent discount. freindly enviroment friendly people canteen friday drinks free gym

Cons

long hours strict management racist mangers not enough money same music everynight

ASOS2019-06-07

ASOS Response

July 2, 2019Talent Partner

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review us as this feedback is invaluable to our efforts to do the very best for our ASOSers. We’re delighted that you enjoyed the staff discount, friendly environment and free gym, but we’re very disappointed to hear about some of your negative experiences. In regards to work/life balance, we have contracted hours (that will be in your contract) and no-one should be working longer than those hours unless they have specifically asked for and then opted in to do overtime. We do understand that Customer Care is a fast-paced environment, which tends to be the nature of a contact centre, but we’ve worked hard over the last few years to improve people’s work/life balance and have had some incredible feedback on the changes we’ve made so far. We also would not describe ourselves as strict, however as a customer facing contact centre we need policies and procedures which ensure we can respond to our customers in a timely and appropriate manner. Any accusations of discrimination are taken very seriously and we would love for you to address this with your People Partner so we can investigate it further. We pride ourselves on our inclusive culture and are one hundred percent committed to treating everyone as equals. In relation to pay, we regularly use external providers who provide data which helps us to ensure our salaries remain competitive and relevant to the market. It is important to us that our ASOSers are being rewarded for the hard work they put in and this is something incredibly important to us. We also have a company-wide framework for compensating people fairly for the job they do. Our reward decisions are based on the responsibilities of the role, market benchmarking, and the individual’s skills, experience and performance; and we review this twice a year across the business and are very thorough and considered when doing so. On the topic of music, we operate a daily voting system for music, where the genre with the most votes gets played. We’re aware this can make it seem as though the same music is being played every day and we’re currently looking at ways to make it more varied. Once again, Thank you for taking the time to review us, it’s important for us to hear this feedback so we can make sure we are doing the absolute best for our ASOSers. We wish you continued success in your career with us.

5. "WORKING FOR ASOS"

Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser

I have been working at ASOS full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

the people discount freedom to push boundaries

Cons

Lack of progression long hours - sometimes have to work till 8pm during busy times

ASOS2019-05-12

"Little to no opportunities for progression"

1.0
    Current Employee - Customer Care Advisor in Watford, East of England, England

I have been working at ASOS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

40% discount on full price items only

Cons

Many people who work here suffer a decline in their mental health. This is known and ignored by management. Long hours, pay just above minimum wage. This is the kind of workplace that makes you work the job that you're aspiring too for 18 months to 2 years before they take your applications seriously. If you do get a promotion you'll be working alongside external applicants who get paid more than you however have little to no understanding of how to do the role meaning internal applicants get paid less to do more as they have to pick up the slack.

ASOS2019-05-22

"Buying Assistant"

I have been working at ASOS full-time

Pros

Fun, Progression, The people, Discount and the product

Cons

Very busy, long hours, takes a long time to progress up the career ladder in buying

ASOS2019-03-28
  8. "Happy"

I have been working at ASOS full-time

Pros

fun atmosphere and fast moving

Cons

long hours and unpaid overtime

ASOS2019-02-20
  9. "Overall a great place to work to get experience. Some teams can have more pressure than other."

Current Employee - Senior Assistant Merchandiser in London, England

I have been working at ASOS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great teams good moral and pay

Cons

No bonus sometimes long hours

ASOS2019-02-12
  10. "Great place to work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Watford, East of England, England

I have been working at ASOS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fantastic people, great atmosphere, adequate pay & holiday entitlement. Bonus potential mediocre

Cons

Monotonous tasks, job is very boring and repetitive. Long hours (I work nights, 4 on 4 off).

ASOS2019-02-13