ASRC Federal Holding Company Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2021

Found 355 of over 383 reviews

3.7
ASRC Federal Holding Company President and Chief Executive Officer Jennifer Felix
Jennifer Felix
Pros
  • "Work-life balance is awesome and definitely feel supported in pursuing my career training goals(in 22 reviews)

• "Pay was always paid on time, travel reimbursement was swift, good benefits(in 21 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Negative work environment with very little work/life balance(in 10 reviews)

• "No leadership skills by upper management(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Do not recommend working at ASRC!

Jul 29, 2021 - Principal Systems Engineer in Fort Meade, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is average if you get on the right contract, not much positive to say about this company.

Cons

Management is broken, all they want to do is please their customers. No focus on what the employees want or need to do their jobs. Avoid working any contract at Ft. Meade/Greenbelt, MD, it's an absolute disaster. No desk/training/guidance from so called"senior leadership". Don't fall for their tricks during the interview, the grass is not greener on the ASRC side. You will regret it. Additionally, PTO is lacking. Health coverage is expensive. No work life balance as promised at the time of hiring.

Continue reading
    2. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

The Strangest Management Style I've Ever Seen

Jun 20, 2021 - Telehealth Educator in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoyed working from home but I don't know if they are allowing that long-term. I also appreciated the importance of the work. I can't think of a more noble effort than to further support our military health providers.

Cons

They started on day 1. The management of our team were some of the most incompetent and ignorant managers I've ever met, especially when it came to diversity and inclusion. The company knows it's taking tax payers' dollars and is driving them to the ground. They just don't care and they're willing to violate every code of compliance in healthcare to work as little as possible. I cannot believe our US Military even awards them contracts at all.

Continue reading
      3 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Team

Thank you for sharing your feedback. ASRC Federal is committed to developing and sustaining a culture that promotes a diverse workforce and an equitable and inclusive workplace. The Company is also committed to ensuring integrity in adhering to high moral principles and professional standards and to promptly resolving situations that do not meet those standards. We are looking into this matter. We also would greatly appreciate hearing more from you about any specifics you are comfortable sharing or with any other comments, concerns, or suggestions. You may contact Human Resources directly at humanresources@asrcfederal.com

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great

Jul 23, 2021 - Senior Program Manager in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Company. Enjoyed working fore them.

Cons

None that I can think of.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great First Software Job

Jul 16, 2021 - Software Engineer in Morristown, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible, great people, and interesting work

Cons

Lack of competitive pay No remote work for software engineers

5. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

This Company is Alright

Jul 28, 2021 - GIS Technician I
      Business Outlook

Pros

Relaxed paced and no worries about what you need to do

Cons

not a great place to look forward to when it comes to moving up.

6. 3.0
      Current Employee

Too much change

Jul 27, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great mission, great people, consistent growth, and excellent benefits package.

Cons

Too many changes in leadership which led to shift in company culture.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

positive experience

Jul 7, 2021 - Cyber Security Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

-good work life balance -good benefits, 401k matching -good co workers

Cons

-lesser pay -can be high pressure at times

Talent Acquisition Team

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us as it ensures we continuously improve our ability to attract and retain top talent like you! Our employees are critical to our success and ability to support our customer missions.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee

Treats Employees Fairly

May 5, 2021 - Principal Software Developer in Cape Canaveral, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Listens to feedback from employees. I complained that my last review was not based on the things that most mattered in my position. For the very next review, they allowed us to specify what matters. Not bad.

Cons

Many jobs are federal contracts, where your employer changes every 5 years or sometimes much less (beware of the sub-contractor when money gets tight). Frequent employer changes in the era of high health insurance deductibles is the pits. Would be so much better if they all used the same plan year, or better, the federal fiscal year. Managers vary considerably. Some are good, but others micro-manage and are worried about job security during frequent contract changes.

Talent Acquisition Team

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Our employees are critical to our success and ability to support our customer missions. If you would like to share additional feedback, I encourage you to contact Human Resources directly at humanresources@asrcfederal.com.

9. 2.0
      Former Employee

Ok

Jul 23, 2021 - Privacy Analyst in Sterling, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits were ok but not great

Cons

Inflexibility, not enough telework, no room to grow

10. 2.0
      Former Employee

Immature Senior Leadership

Jul 8, 2021 - Anonymous - Former Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very sharp employee base who work hard and strive to do the right thing. Long hours but lots of flexibility.

Cons

Leadership promotes “friends” who are unqualified for their role. Employees must confront supervisors who provide incorrect direction or say nothing and knowingly do the wrong thing.

3 people found this review helpful