AbbVie Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.8
AbbVie CEO Richard A. Gonzalez
Richard A. Gonzalez
Pros
Cons
  • "work life balance can be skewed(in 84 reviews)

• "I seriously cannot think of any negatives seeing that my last job was in the military which demanded long hours and was non-collaborative(in 20 reviews)

"Wonderful culture, great development opportunities"

I worked at AbbVie full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Supportive culture, focus on improving company through improving team working, recognising strengths and weaknesses, how best to work with colleagues, good opportunities for improving skills. Embedding patient centricity as core to all decisions, innovative thinking rewarded.

Cons

As in all Pharma, can be some red tape to get through when trying to make changes e.g. implementing digital campaigns, but this is definitely improving.

AbbVie2014-10-06
  2. "Great Products"

Current Employee - Medical Advisor

I have been working at AbbVie full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great products and good senior management

Cons

Good days may be over

AbbVie2019-09-20
  3. "A good company with its flaws"

Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at AbbVie full-time

Pros

Good working environment, supportive colleagues and attractive salary packages.

Cons

For a new company, presence of an ageing management team with no vision is alarming and those with vision are not valued. Culture improvement attempts are high in number but mostly unsuccessful, hence still not much change for the better. Weak HR team.

AbbVie2019-09-10
  4. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Learning Partner in Maidenhead, England

I worked at AbbVie full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice office with a gym and cafe on site; flexible working arrangements; good culture

Cons

difficult to maintain work-life balance

AbbVie2019-08-22
  5. "Tough but rewarding ultimately"

Former Employee - Process Engineer

I worked at AbbVie full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very fast career progression provided you work on the most challenging projects that are under the spotlight by senior management

Cons

High staff turnover due to most challenging projects not having effective management. Exceptionally poor business systems which are from the 1980s which results in very slow improvements and overall makes the business of getting things done quite slow and archaic compared to other pharmaceutical companies

Advice to Management

Redress your business systems make them more automated with good UI if this is completed you will observe a business transformation beyond your wildest.

AbbVie2019-06-03
  6. "Good culture, difficult work life balance, development opportunities."

Current Employee - Brand Finance Manager in Maidenhead, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at AbbVie full-time

Pros

I have learnt a lot in my position and have been given opportunity to progress. There is a general sense both in myself and from the work colleagues that the organisation promotes friendly and productive reltionships at work.

Cons

Despite continuous negative feedback work life balance remains major challange. It is not possible to meet deadlines without putting in extra hours on a daily basis.

AbbVie2019-03-17
  7. "Fixed term contract position"

Former Employee - Account Specialist in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at AbbVie full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lovely friendly culture between field and office. Good materials to support field. Training could be improved, timetable was a bit chaotic. Good support via manager. Would work for company again.

Cons

Large geography to cover meant very long travelling times to see customers, smaller geography would mean increased customer interactions. Some Management had a bit of a short term strategic view and priorities or actions seem to change in a knee jerk fashion.

Advice to Management

Have smaller geographies with increased indications/customer groups per specialist. Seven hours in a car each day impacts on volume of customer interactions and also admin time gets pushed into evenings.

AbbVie2019-02-10

"Abbvie UK"

I worked at AbbVie full-time

Pros

Lots of opportunities with some new products coming to market and always an acquisition of some company or other. Everyone wants to be involved in the new shiny products.....very resource heavy with lots of people to get lost in!

Cons

Still living in the old Humira days with ‘this is how we used to do it’ mentality. Got very greedy. Sadly the management is all over the place and no identity lost its ‘culture’. Have a very hire and fire mentality with very little consideration for human beings. (Yes a bitter aftertaste!)

Advice to Management

Be true to the human beings that are working for you. Too much unnecessary pressure to perform which is invalid especially for the new product launches. Disinterest in the people side of the business affects many and causes ‘toxic’ environment

AbbVie2019-01-29

"Bullying culture"

Former Employee - Senior Account Specialist in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I worked at AbbVie full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good package but not worth the bullying culture, I am struggling with cons other than they have good products and really good sales people shame they can’t retain them

Cons

Bullying culture and ineffective management , if your face fits culture . Horrendous management with zero people skills which was reflected in the GPTW survey

Advice to Management

Stop the if your face fits culture and stop managing out good employees

AbbVie2017-12-05

"Bullying culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maidenhead, England

I worked at AbbVie full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

New to industry opportunities and you get to work with some incredible people in a fast paced environment.

Cons

I refused to sign off an inappropriate brand campaign, which could harm patients and was subsequently managed out of my role, despite being the therapy area expert for years. Money is more important to this company then patients and they'll happily bleed communities dry to improve their sales. The culture is a hierarchy of power with fear and intimidation for those who question why or just say no. It's a miserable... life and you will get bullied.

Advice to Management

Whistleblower process and protection.

AbbVie2017-11-29