Ableton Reviews

Gerhard Behles
  1. "Great overall"

Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say

I have been working at Ableton full-time

Pros

If you'll be working in this industry I think it's probably the best company you can work for. Respectful, relaxed and treats their employees well.

Cons

Decisions / conversations can be quite stretched out, which can be frustrating for day to day tasks but it doesn't overall have to be a bad thing.

2. "A great and inspiring place to work for"

Current Employee - HR Manager in Berlin

I have been working at Ableton full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Inspiring and collaborative culture with people from various different backgrounds. Great products from great people.

Cons

A place for people that like to work in a self-organized way and to take responsibility for what they're doing.

Continue reading

3. "Fair, humane, US centered"

4.0
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Berlin

I have been working at Ableton full-time

Pros

Ableton treats its employees fairly, tries to be open about how decisions are made, asks for feedback and also listens to it. People there mostly have a background in music and know the products extensively. That's how they create their renowned high-quality products. Colleagues are great, at work and outside of work. If you step up, there are many careers available to you inside the company. People have many different backgrounds and teams are often quite diverse. Small teams develop features as a whole, with many different tasks. This is the total opposite of a job where you just pull one ticket after another. Daily work consists of many different tasks and we never run out of ideas, only out of time. Payment is ok-ish for Berlin and attempted to be done according to documented criteria.

Cons

Middle management doesn't communicate much of a vision. That means the only real motivation and guidance comes from yourself. The company is also very US centered, not only with regards to its user base, but also with regards to contemporary topics of left policy. In general, it's a very political environment and you can't escape it. There is also little place for dissent in this regard. If you expect that payment is coupled to performance in any way, this is not your place.

4. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Full Time Employee

I have been working at Ableton full-time

Pros

Working on something that feels important and matters to creatives. The people are good and the atmosphere is respectful, supportive and generally positive. Work/life balance is taken serious.

Cons

The flat structure can be hard to navigate. Diversity is being focused on but it's not quite there yet.

5. "I found my place."

Current Employee - Executive Consultant in Berlin

I have been working at Ableton full-time

Pros

Great culture, products to fall in love with, best people I met anywhere so far: smart, creative, dedicated.

Cons

Consent-based decision-making can be draining and slow sometimes, but I wouldn’t like to have it any other way.

"Wonderfully challenging work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berlin

I have been working at Ableton full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

* It's not publicly traded. * It cares about and for the people working there * it encourages you to grow personally and professionally * it supports you in taking ownership of things * it's mostly bottom up in short to mid term decision making * it's a place where your colleagues will thoroughly test your ideas but will gladly help you get the one that works best for as many people, done right. * It doesn't promote egoistic, loud and aggressive tactics for "advancing" your career * It chooses who could flourish at and also benefit from working at the company, very carefully.

Cons

* It's timid. Sometimes the fear of making a wrong decision is bigger than trying things out. * Meetings about making a decision can split into more meetings about the same. A little heavy on the bureaucracy side.

Continue reading

"Amazing company, incredible leadership, inspiring work"

Former Employee - Sales Support Agent in Pasadena, CA

I worked at Ableton full-time for more than a year

Pros

Ableton really cares about their employees and their work/life balance. I felt super lucky and thus spoiled landing this job right out of school. Even as a customer support agent, there's always opportunity to take on extra curricular projects and initiatives towards the company's missions, goals, and objectives. You aren't just a number at this company; you will always be met with respect and feel valued. This is simply one of the best music software companies to work for. I was only met with support and encouragement when I decided to leave my position to pursue another career path, and that was really the icing on the cake for my outlook on this company.

Cons

I don't have any complaints.

"Awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Ableton full-time

Pros

Great people, great mentality, great products

Cons

No cons at all, for real

9. "awesome company with products to be proud of"

I have been working at Ableton full-time

Pros

- a lot of benefits such as a dog friendly office, flexible working hours, Friday social events - the company has a great reputation and amazing products - roles and positions can be shaped by oneself - very humble Marketing approach - and very humble founders

Cons

- slow decision making - divided offices in Torstrasse and Schoenhauser Allee

10. "Great comapny to work for"

I worked at Ableton full-time

Pros

Nice people. Good benefit & vacation

Cons

Parking is hard in downtown Pas

Found 19 reviews