Abtran Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.8
Abtran CEO Pat Ryan
Pat Ryan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The people are great, all the teams that I have ever worked with are so helpful and Abtran is always striving to become a better employer everyday" (in 13 reviews)

• "Relatively easy to move up the ladder provided you have a manager/team leader that is bothered to help you out" (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "There Is a culture of someone being a team leader and thinking they are the new god," (in 17 reviews)

• "Can feel as if you're just a number and not feel valued" (in 8 reviews)

"They don't give a singular poo about you"

I have been working at Abtran full-time

Pros

The friends you make at work

Cons

pretty much everything
    low pay
    no opportunities
    never listened to
    disgusting HR processes

Advice to Management

get out of your own holes

"Not a place for a career - Greenstar Energy (UK)"

Former Employee - .NET Developer
    Former Employee - .NET Developer

I worked at Abtran full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The paycheck was consistent and reliable.
    A handful of TLs really wanted to help their teams, and I felt bad leaving them but not leaving management behind.
    The odd customer that appreciated your genuine effort to resolve their problem.

Cons

During my interview, I was asked if I had any upcoming holidays planned. I advised that I did and assumed that it was taken note of. Two months later I checked with my TL that it was on the record that I was going to be off for that time and he said that I couldn't take that time off since it wasn't in my record. I thankfully managed to find the manager who was in my interview who sorted it out but this points to a severe lack of organisation.

When I started there, I was told that with my background I could be fast-tracked into working on more technical projects (off phones basically). I made an effort to show how my skills could be applied to streamline processes for both staff and management at all levels. My advice and solutions were outright ignored despite TLs showing great interest in having them implemented across the contract.

Mental health issues are not taken seriously at all. Do not expect any sympathy from some TLs if you're suffering from any mental health difficulty. My second TL told me that if my issues were affecting my work that I should just leave, despite knowing that nobody is working there because they love the work but because they need a paycheck.

After talking with some colleagues in the canteen one day about unions I was brought into HR and advised that "Abtran doesn't recognize unions" and threatened to fire me if I talked about them during work hours, on break or anywhere on premisis.

The phone server would regularly go down, in a call center.

The client company would either never listen to or get the feedback that we were giving on the floor. We advised that generating all the customers bills in one or two days was lagging the system and meant we couldn't update customers bills while they were on the phone (reducing our "First Call Resolution"). This problem persisted beyond my time there.

Reported incidents of hate-speech by management to HR were not taken seriously and employees were told to report it to their managers, often the ones citing the hate speech. This made it very uncomfortable to work there for myself and other minority groups.

When more staff were hired, the targets never changed. Meaning we still had to complete 42 calls a day even if the workforce for that contract increased 50 - 100%. Employees that regularly missed that quota, even by one or two calls, were warned of their 'poor performance'. This inconsistency was brought up but targets never changed.

Employees that regularly do the wrong thing or mess up accounts entirely often have no repercussions if their chummy with the managers.

Dissemination of information relating to factors that may affect the number or quality of calls was often by word of mouth and unreliable.

There was exposed wiring, possibly live, in the men's bathroom.

One day the smell of vomit filled the entire call floor and we were told to work through it.

Advice to Management

Please start treating your employees as more than money machines. We're starting to break down. We sometimes need more than 7 minutes to use the toilets for goodness sake.

3. "Advisor"

I worked at Abtran full-time

Pros

Great people on team make a difference

Cons

Micromanagement
    No flexibility for holidays

8 Mar 2019

4. "Work like a dog for very little money"

Former Employee - Agent in Cork (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Agent in Cork (Ireland)

I worked at Abtran full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

People you work along side

Cons

over worked, under paid (saw many leave due to stress), difficult to take holidays, Middle management, Flat rate overtime,

5. "Customer Service Advisor"

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Cork (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Cork (Ireland)

I have been working at Abtran full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The hours suit me. This can change from different accounts and different teams on specific accounts and you can be changed in a heartbeat without notice. Great colleagues. Great for learning some basic skills.

Cons

Pay
    Lack of training
    Canteen prices
    No follow through from management
    Team leaders having no product knowledge as they are moved from all accounts.
    Lack of respect for employees.
    Timed toilet breaks.
    Faulty equipment.
    The place is walking with the dirt.
    No sick pay

Advice to Management

Treat staff better overall I do know this can depend from each manager but from my knowledge it happens a lot. Pay staff a decent living wage, when you start in a company you can understand the pay rate but for this to never go up or just by a few cent over years of service this is crazy and morally wrong. Follow through on promises to staff.

13 Mar 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. We appreciate all feedback and will ensure it is taken on board. If you have any suggestions or would like to give any feedback, please reach out to... More

6. "Brilliant Irish Company"

Current Employee - Customer Support in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Customer Support in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Abtran full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great staff and managers,
    Understanding of issues,
    Great progression

Cons

Not a very livable wage

Advice to Management

A wage increase across the board will make it more livable for those who work full-time.

22 Feb 2019

"Customer servcice"

I worked at Abtran full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Challenging, autonomous, sick leave unpaid, no additional benefit..

Cons

Pay, food, management, unrealistic targets, team leaders can be obnoxious

Advice to Management

Be more helpful to employee, rectify the sick leave.

13 Mar 2019

8. "Get out ASAP"

I have been working at Abtran full-time

Pros

No positives at all .

Cons

Hours. Awful Pay. Not worth it.

"Abtran Cork"

Current Employee - Customer Service Team Leader in Cork (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Team Leader in Cork (Ireland)

I have been working at Abtran (More than 5 years)

Pros

Easy to get an entry level job
    Easy interview
    Potential for promotion
    Lots of internal job opportunities
    Permanent job

Cons

Low pay for entry level customer service
    Some accounts are not great to work on

Advice to Management

Increase pay in line with other contact centres

5 Feb 2019

10. "Very good"

I have been working at Abtran full-time

Pros

Nice place to work but don't stay too long

Cons

No possibility to progress

4 Feb 2019