Abtran Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.8
Abtran CEO Pat Ryan
Pat Ryan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The people are great, all the teams that I have ever worked with are so helpful and Abtran is always striving to become a better employer everyday" (in 13 reviews)

• "Relatively easy to move up the ladder provided you have a manager/team leader that is bothered to help you out" (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "There Is a culture of someone being a team leader and thinking they are the new god," (in 17 reviews)

• "Can feel as if you're just a number and not feel valued" (in 7 reviews)

"They don't give a singular poo about you"

I have been working at Abtran full-time

Pros

The friends you make at work

Cons

pretty much everything
    low pay
    no opportunities
    never listened to
    disgusting HR processes

Advice to Management

get out of your own holes

"Not a place for a career - Greenstar Energy (UK)"

Former Employee - .NET Developer
    Former Employee - .NET Developer

I worked at Abtran full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The paycheck was consistent and reliable.
    A handful of TLs really wanted to help their teams, and I felt bad leaving them but not leaving management behind.
    The odd customer that appreciated your genuine effort to resolve their problem.

Cons

During my interview, I was asked if I had any upcoming holidays planned. I advised that I did and assumed that it was taken note of. Two months later I checked with my TL that it was on the record that I was going to be off for that time and he said that I couldn't take that time off since it wasn't in my record. I thankfully managed to find the manager who was in my interview who sorted it out but this points to a severe lack of organisation.

When I started there, I was told that with my background I could be fast-tracked into working on more technical projects (off phones basically). I made an effort to show how my skills could be applied to streamline processes for both staff and management at all levels. My advice and solutions were outright ignored despite TLs showing great interest in having them implemented across the contract.

Mental health issues are not taken seriously at all. Do not expect any sympathy from some TLs if you're suffering from any mental health difficulty. My second TL told me that if my issues were affecting my work that I should just leave, despite knowing that nobody is working there because they love the work but because they need a paycheck.

After talking with some colleagues in the canteen one day about unions I was brought into HR and advised that "Abtran doesn't recognize unions" and threatened to fire me if I talked about them during work hours, on break or anywhere on premisis.

The phone server would regularly go down, in a call center.

The client company would either never listen to or get the feedback that we were giving on the floor. We advised that generating all the customers bills in one or two days was lagging the system and meant we couldn't update customers bills while they were on the phone (reducing our "First Call Resolution"). This problem persisted beyond my time there.

Reported incidents of hate-speech by management to HR were not taken seriously and employees were told to report it to their managers, often the ones citing the hate speech. This made it very uncomfortable to work there for myself and other minority groups.

When more staff were hired, the targets never changed. Meaning we still had to complete 42 calls a day even if the workforce for that contract increased 50 - 100%. Employees that regularly missed that quota, even by one or two calls, were warned of their 'poor performance'. This inconsistency was brought up but targets never changed.

Employees that regularly do the wrong thing or mess up accounts entirely often have no repercussions if their chummy with the managers.

Dissemination of information relating to factors that may affect the number or quality of calls was often by word of mouth and unreliable.

There was exposed wiring, possibly live, in the men's bathroom.

One day the smell of vomit filled the entire call floor and we were told to work through it.

Advice to Management

Please start treating your employees as more than money machines. We're starting to break down. We sometimes need more than 7 minutes to use the toilets for goodness sake.

3. "Very good"

I have been working at Abtran full-time

Pros

Nice place to work but don't stay too long

Cons

No possibility to progress

4. "Credit to Abtran"

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Cork (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Cork (Ireland)

I worked at Abtran full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was training with Abtran electric Ireland for about 2 weeks but then decided to leave as I had several interviews invitation that promising good salary.
    Although I left my job without notice, to my surprise I got my payment during the training.
    Moreover, I was very much satisfied for the service provided by People Operations Administrator who willingly assisted in completing my Social welfare form.
    Thank you for delivering excellent service not only to Abtran customer but to former employee too

Cons

If I had the access to the training material at home, I would have been able to study them better. However, this would have violated the data protection

Advice to Management

No advice as they have provided me with lots of courageous and useful information

5. "Sales rep"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Cork (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Cork (Ireland)

I worked at Abtran full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Overtime available on the weekend

Cons

Bad management but not all

Advice to Management

Nothing

6. "support staff"

Current Employee - Manager in Cork (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Manager in Cork (Ireland)

I have been working at Abtran full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team, the locations and the ability to have a work life balance. even though it s call centre the hours are mostly office hours and it's easy to plan time off with family .

Cons

facilities could do with an uplift but understand this is on the way
    benefits need to be reviewed but again told this is on the cards for 2019

Advice to Management

take time to meet those doing the jobs, more business updates and more visibility of the senior team

2 Jan 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. We appreciate all feedback and will ensure it is taken on board. If you have any suggestions or would like to give any feedback, please reach out to... More

"Customer Service Advisor"

Former Employee - Customer Service Advisoe in Cork (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Advisoe in Cork (Ireland)

I worked at Abtran part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Co-workers were friendly and typically young

Cons

Management aren’t very understanding to employees.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees. Be willing to employ different strategies.

2 Jan 2019

8. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Abtran full-time

Pros

I joined Abtran in September 2017 after I moved home from London. The people are great, all the teams that I have ever worked with are so helpful and Abtran is always striving to become a better employer everyday. Would highly recommend Abtran as a great place to work especially for your career progression

Cons

I would say Benefits and Rewards but this is being rolled out in January 2019

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the employees and making work a better place for everyone like you are currently doing.

4 Dec 2018

9. "Good starting point"

Former Employee - Advisor in Cork (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Advisor in Cork (Ireland)

I worked at Abtran full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good environment fair pay and nice people

Cons

Not much to speak about. It's a call centre so it is what it is

4 Dec 2018

10. "Progression and People"

I have been working at Abtran full-time

Pros

Development and progression options are amazing, people are so supportive and engaging, loads of fun activities and huge charitable donations annually

Cons

Money could be improved, but that is it

12 Nov 2018