Abtran Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 5 Dec 2019

2.9
Abtran CEO Michael Fitzgerald
Michael Fitzgerald
Pros
  • "Lovely atmosphere , great people and work facilities(in 18 reviews)

• "A lot of good people working here which is great(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "Not allowed to be late more than 7 minutes or else they make you sign forms with your team leader(in 23 reviews)

• "Toilet breaks timed for seven minutes per day(in 12 reviews)

1. "Sales Assistant"

I have been working at Abtran full-time

Pros

Comrades are absolutely lethal unreal

Cons

Management are complete idiots so they are

Abtran2019-05-09

"They don't give a singular poo about you"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Abtran full-time

Pros

The friends you make at work

Cons

pretty much everything low pay no opportunities never listened to disgusting HR processes

Advice to Management

get out of your own holes

Abtran2018-02-25

"Not a place for a career - Greenstar Energy (UK)"

Former Employee - .NET Developer
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Abtran full-time for less than a year

Pros

The paycheck was consistent and reliable. A handful of TLs really wanted to help their teams, and I felt bad leaving them but not leaving management behind. The odd customer that appreciated your genuine effort to resolve their problem.

Cons

During my interview, I was asked if I had any upcoming holidays planned. I advised that I did and assumed that it was taken note of. Two months later I checked with my TL that it was on the record that I was going to be off for that time and he said that I couldn't take that time off since it wasn't in my record. I thankfully managed to find the manager who was in my interview who sorted it out but this points to a... severe lack of organisation. When I started there, I was told that with my background I could be fast-tracked into working on more technical projects (off phones basically). I made an effort to show how my skills could be applied to streamline processes for both staff and management at all levels. My advice and solutions were outright ignored despite TLs showing great interest in having them implemented across the contract. Mental health issues are not taken seriously at all. Do not expect any sympathy from some TLs if you're suffering from any mental health difficulty. My second TL told me that if my issues were affecting my work that I should just leave, despite knowing that nobody is working there because they love the work but because they need a paycheck. After talking with some colleagues in the canteen one day about unions I was brought into HR and advised that "Abtran doesn't recognize unions" and threatened to fire me if I talked about them during work hours, on break or anywhere on premisis. The phone server would regularly go down, in a call center. The client company would either never listen to or get the feedback that we were giving on the floor. We advised that generating all the customers bills in one or two days was lagging the system and meant we couldn't update customers bills while they were on the phone (reducing our "First Call Resolution"). This problem persisted beyond my time there. Reported incidents of hate-speech by management to HR were not taken seriously and employees were told to report it to their managers, often the ones citing the hate speech. This made it very uncomfortable to work there for myself and other minority groups. When more staff were hired, the targets never changed. Meaning we still had to complete 42 calls a day even if the workforce for that contract increased 50 - 100%. Employees that regularly missed that quota, even by one or two calls, were warned of their 'poor performance'. This inconsistency was brought up but targets never changed. Employees that regularly do the wrong thing or mess up accounts entirely often have no repercussions if their chummy with the managers. Dissemination of information relating to factors that may affect the number or quality of calls was often by word of mouth and unreliable. There was exposed wiring, possibly live, in the men's bathroom. One day the smell of vomit filled the entire call floor and we were told to work through it.

Advice to Management

Please start treating your employees as more than money machines. We're starting to break down. We sometimes need more than 7 minutes to use the toilets for goodness sake.

Abtran2018-01-16
  4. "Salary"

I have been working at Abtran full-time

Pros

Good work environment, trainers are really good and friendly

Cons

There are no cons yet

Abtran2019-11-30
  5. "Dissapointing"

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate

I worked at Abtran full-time for less than a year

Pros

Met some nice people in my time working there. My own team leader was friendly and undestanding.

Cons

Little care for staff, treat them as pawns. Onsite bullying, transphobia, homophobia and misogyny. I noticed team leaders whispering about other employees, actively bullying them with other staff members. And certain team leaders seemed to be on power trips, giving preferential treatment to those they liked only.

Advice to Management

Possibly a code of conduct for how you talk to other people in the office? Daily racist, homophobic, misogynistic and transphobic comments in an office in 2019 is shocking.

Abtran2019-12-05
  6. "Fantastic Opportunities"

Current Employee - Support Team Manager in Cork

I have been working at Abtran full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Oppurtunities to Learn People Work Life Balance

Cons

I have none at the moment

Abtran2019-11-14
  7. "Former Customer Service Agent"

I worked at Abtran full-time

Pros

Regular hours (depending on department), good salary, opportunity to progress and good back-to-work programme after sick leave

Cons

Difficult to secure annual leave

Abtran2019-11-28

"Poor work environment"

Current Employee - Back Office in Cork

I have been working at Abtran part-time for more than a year

Pros

Can be flexible with hours depending on what account you get

Cons

Poor wage, no job progression, terrible management

Advice to Management

Need to work on retaining staff with some incentives. High turn over means a lot of knowledge walking out the door

Abtran2019-11-26
  9. "Progression Opportunities"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Cork

I have been working at Abtran full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I started on the phones, moved to a Team Leader position and then onto a Business Analyst position. My managers have been supportive and recognised my hardwork and enthusiasm.

Cons

Pay could be more competitive, although this has improved in recent years.

Advice to Management

In the last number of years, Abtran has moved towards better recognising their staff. From a personal standpoint this is a positive and should be encouraged.

Abtran2019-11-11

"Not great"

I worked at Abtran full-time

Pros

The hours are fine

Cons

Literally everything else is terrible; the pay, the other staff etc

Abtran2019-11-20