AccessPay Reviews

88 Comments

Finance

28.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=AccessPay~1138707
Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

AccessPay :)

Nov 10, 2021 - Human Resources Assistant in Manchester City Centre, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I would be here all day if I spoke about all the pros, so I will keep this short and sweet. I have never felt so happy to wake up and log on to my laptop, sad as it seems I love my job and the company; the Culture, the team; not only do we have significant benefits but the day to day tasks don't feel like work when you have so much support from Managers and employees. AccessPay has helped me grow as a person and helped my career aspirations. AccessPay supported me through studying, gave me a Mentor when needed and always supported flexibility if required. I don't need to write anyone of this, but this is the best company I have ever worked for simple as that :)

Cons

None, I cant think of a single one.

2. 5.0

Expanding Company with Great Culture and Workforce

Oct 28, 2021 - PMO & Quality Manager in Manchester, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- AccessPay allow employees to work from home and choose if/when to work from the office - Flexible working to ensure positive work/life balance - Great culture with supportive team members, nothing is too big a task for anyone in the company - Training opportunities - Great Summer/Christmas functions - AccessPay support local charities and offer 'volunteering' mornings for staff who want to help out and make a difference - The Office Manager provides treats every now and then, including breakfasts and cheeseboards!

Cons

- None - None - None - None - None

3. 5.0

Culture

Oct 5, 2021 - Office Manager in Manchester, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

You know that feeling when you wake up and think, 'I really do NOT want to go to work?' … I do too but I wasn't working at AccessPay! I don't know if it is because I devote all my energy into the office that makes this company a fun and happy place to work but it is. For me, culture is key to a happy and productive work life, and we have that nailed down here. I say this in any interview, to any interviewee or anyone who asks... 'you can teach anyone how to do a job, it's whether you can do your job with the people you work with' I will NOT be earning commission with this post and so I hope to whom reading this, possibly considering joining our team, I can proudly say we are a force to be reckoned with. In addition to stunning benefits, you will find the tools to have fun and enjoy being here at the same time. This truly is rare. Welcome to AccessPay... I'll see you at your induction.

Cons

WFH is still on average 40% of the headcount a week. I would like to see this continue to decrease.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fast paced but rewarding scale up

Aug 10, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

You are trusted in your role to be responsible for your own area and fairly autonomous. No micromanagement to be found here. Inclusive and casual working culture in the office. The free food helps!

Cons

There is a lack of established process' in place but that's to be expected with a scale up and hopefully it'll come in time

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Lots of opportunity to make an impact

Jul 27, 2021 - Marketing in Manchester, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture - everyone wants to help and support the growth of the business. Career progression is encouraged and supported and generally a great family "feel"

Cons

Systems and processes are lacking, but not unusual at this stage in the business' evolution.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A hidden gem of a place to work in Manchester that I feel lucky to be a part of

Jul 28, 2021 - Service Desk Analyst in Manchester, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. A supportive and understanding company with approachable management that will hold regular sessions with you to make sure you are developing the way you want to and also listen to and understand any issues you have. 2. Great company to work for to develop more social relationships outside of work due to fun activities being held in the office to encourage this- 'Office Olympics' and competitions and game viewings for the Euros come to mind as well as Summer and Christmas do's. 3. Despite the fact the company has such a big reputation, they are only based in one office with typically less than 70 people in at once so it creates a more family like atmosphere where everyone knows everyone. Coming from a previous job where there was a lot of toxic masculinity, joining AccessPay and becoming part of this warm and welcome atmosphere where everyone is accepting of each other and there are no egos was a blessing. 4. Great location in the middle of the city centre which is easy to get to on any public transport. The office provides great views of Manchester. 5. The business works with some of the biggest companies in the UK, so if working in IT it gives you the opportunity to work with other companies and if working in a sales role you are able to represent a business with a great reputation.

Cons

I felt that my training in my role wasn't as structured as I would have liked it to be. I didn't have sessions planned out on how to do different things in the system or how finance processes worked. For my specific role to understand the processes and how to use the system I feel that I should have had a couple of weeks of solid training so I felt more confident taking calls and not being nervous about what to expect, however you can also argue that in this kind of role it's best to jump on the phones early and learn on the job as for many people seeing the training in live working form helps them understand it more and also not everything in this role is possible to cover in training. I have no other cons, I don't feel overworked or stressed in this role whatsoever.

7. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great people with shaky management

Jul 6, 2021 - Content Executive in Manchester, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, friendly team, company events were good.

Cons

A lot of redundancies whilst I worked there, management struggled to agree on things.

AccessPay Response

Recruitment Manager

Whilst it is unfortunate that people may have been made redundant in the past, it’s unfortunately often a necessary biproduct of restructuring which is natural as a company progresses. From a strategic recruitment perspective we have a clear plan and vision for continued growth and the scale up of the business, as we aim to double our headcount in the near future.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Hired with no direct experience, I was lucky enough to be given a chance and begin my career here!

Mar 26, 2021 - Senior Sales Executive in Manchester, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

The job itself is extremely satisfying My manager has been a pillar of strength My colleagues/friends Opportunity to create/propel your career Autonomy to be completely responsible for your own workload Performance is reviewed and rewarded consistently Company shares are distributed periodically Free gym membership & £20 per month to spend on wellbeing subscriptions

Cons

When I started 4 years ago we were very much in start up mode and this brought it's challenges, I however feel like this developed me more.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Amazing place to work.

Feb 25, 2021 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in Manchester, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic opportunities for progression, have all the tools in place for an individual to succeed. Real common goal mentality across the whole business.

Cons

A lot of training, not necessarily a bad thing but it’s a lot to take in in your first couple of weeks.

10. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Environment

Oct 21, 2020 - Second Line Applications Support in Manchester City Centre, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Challenging work, with phenomenal support structure. Stunning office in great location. Fantastic colleagues who are all working fluidly together. I have never worked somewhere that valued everyone's input so categorically - every team gets mentioned for the hard work they do. Everyone pulls together on issues - you can have 1st and 2nd line, a developer, a product manager and a software architect all on the same issue to ensure things are resolved quickly and fixed properly, and make sure the customer is kept aware. This means everybody really knows each other - a kitchen conversation doesn't feel awkward because you know everybody to some degree, even the CEO. The work was challenging and everybody needs to really work hard to get the amount done on time, but the reward for the hard work is good. The pay is good for the market and, as I previously stated, you are made to feel valued throughout your time with monthly catch ups on what all teams have been working on. You are kept in the loop with the direction of the business - and whilst this is can be a little fluid sometimes based on the needs of the market, you ARE kept in the loop. The company also has a strong "work hard, play hard" feeling. There are regular our of work events, whether it be bingo nights, board game nights or pub nights - there is something for everybody so you have no excuse to feel left out! The kitchen (pre-covid) was always well stocked with food and treats too. You could make a sandwich and soup , grab some nuts or munch on junk depending on your desire. It was the first place I felt truly sad for leaving, because the team, the work and the general environment were just brilliant.

Cons

Sometimes the workload could get a little heavy

Viewing 1 - 10 of 28 Reviews