Accident Exchange Group Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Accident Exchange Group Reviews

Updated 18 Aug 2019

2.2
Accident Exchange Group CEO Stephen Evans (no image)
Stephen Evans
  1. "12 years on..."

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Accident Exchange Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have worked for Accident Exchange for 12 years now, I left for about 4 months to seek a change and then came back, I am a huge advocate for the business and have worked up from a junior role to one in management, I have also seen people that started at the same time as me also progress within the business to management and supervisor roles. They promote from within, a lot of staff join Accident Exchange and never... leave.

Cons

I cant think of any real cons, bit pitiful that I have to fill this in just to submit a review.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, this place is great to come into every day, wouldnt hesitate to recommend to my friends.

Accident Exchange Group2017-01-17
  2. "No progression"

Former Employee - Claims Negotiator

I worked at Accident Exchange Group full-time

Pros

Nice colleagues, achievable bonuses

Cons

No progression, no salary increases, operations staff are very poor and not trained properly

Advice to Management

Train operations staff correctly as there constant errors make everybody else's jobs at lot more difficult

Accident Exchange Group2019-08-18
  3. "Not good for temps"

I worked at Accident Exchange Group part-time for less than a year

Pros

Free parking, onsite cafe, own desk

Cons

Unfriendly, secluded, or sympathetic to issues

Accident Exchange Group2019-06-19
  4. "Good temp work"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Accident Exchange Group part-time

Pros

Nice people good first job/ temp work

Cons

No real progression work can be meticulous

Advice to Management

More opportunity for responsibility

Accident Exchange Group2019-04-12

"Very clicky"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coleshill, West Midlands, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Accident Exchange Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are some really nice people working there. It can be quite interesting job to do at times. Nice canteen.

Cons

The problem is the company is very old school feel to management. Who every has been there the longest gets the management role, most of the management team have been in the same role for years. Therefore, if you are in the good books of the managers you can get away with anything. Cash is king, if you are in the Sales team you get money thrown at you and can do want you what. There is conflict between the Sales... team and the collection team. The company pays out commission before the hire charges are recovered , therefore the sales team can bend the rules and put out cars on hire when they shouldn't. No opportunity to development and fairly poor pay. I experienced some issues of very inappropriate behaviour which was reported to the relevant people but it was swept under the carpet. The customer service of the teams is really poor, if the customer knew what the advisor said about them behind their back they would touch the

Advice to Management

You need to really think about you processes and the way you do business. Wake up to the 21st century. I would recommend them listen to the call that their employees make and listen to the way they do things because it is good.

Accident Exchange Group2018-09-20
  6. "Worked for 5 years, was a good company"

I worked at Accident Exchange Group

Pros

Enjoyed my time here my job role changed frequently which I made it interesting, had a prestige company car which was brand new every 6 months. Nice staff and friendly atmosphere. The canteen is huge and ok food.

Cons

Usual office politics and unrealistic bonuses. No flexible working. Management and teams change all the time. Waste a lot of money chasing there tails.

Advice to Management

Listen to staff more as you waste a lot of money. Bring back more benefits and flexible working.

Accident Exchange Group2018-07-30
  7. "Dead end company, dead end jobs."

in Coleshill, South East England, England

I worked at Accident Exchange Group for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice offices, friendly colleagues, spacious canteen area. Used to be a really generous company back in 2008 - 2009 but just gone downhill since then.

Cons

Unless you are in the clique, then you are just a number to them. They don't care that you are a human being, they only care that you slave away and do your job. I was there for 4 years and didn't receive even a 1% pay rise, despite being 10 times as efficient, knowledgeable, dedicated and hard working compared to day one, and I genuinely bent over backwards to make sure every job was done to a very high standard.... Work over your contracted hours and nobody makes a peep but come in 5 mintues late and you will be pretty much crucified. They had this 'Late form' you had to fill in which was pathetic yet they didn't have an 'Early form' funnily enough. What's that you say? your child is ill and you need to stay home to look after them? that'll be unpaid. Oh you want to use a holiday day? no, its not a holiday so you will be unpaid. You now want to use that holiday day you couldn't take when your child was ill? computer says no because it coincides with one your colleagues holiday. End of the year and you have excess holidays? You want to sell them back or carry them into next year? Erm, no. denied. Holidays lost because YOU haven't booked them. You get the picture, it's just a horrible company to work for now. Handed my notice in and they were so indifferent, it was hilarious. kind of a, shut-the-door-on-your-way-out kind of thing.

Advice to Management

When you employ people, make them aware that their poxy salary will be eaten away by inflation as long as they work at AX and make sure they are fine with this before offering a job. Make it clear to potential employees that they should be comfortable being treated like a pack mule before offering a job

Accident Exchange Group2017-06-30
  8. "Disgusting company to work for"

Former Employee - Administrative Support Assistant in Coventry, England

I worked at Accident Exchange Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Staff are nice to work with & they will do their best to help you but only if they can be bothered & have time.

Cons

Too much work is put on yourself for a crap wage. Whilst I was in hospital in excreting pain & very ill accident exchange decided to terminate my employment saying 'the process of you getting better will take too long so we're replacing you'.

Advice to Management

Richard Branson says 'look after your staff & they will look after your customers; FOOD FOR THOUGHT!!!

Accident Exchange Group2016-06-24
  9. "Alright if your in the management safety club!"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Coleshill, West Midlands, England

I have been working at Accident Exchange Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Colleagues are fine, rest is a joke

Cons

Poor salaries, clicky culture, management are removed from current status of business

Advice to Management

Open your eyes !! You bleed us!

Accident Exchange Group2015-05-16