Achilles Information Reviews

Updated Sep 6, 2021

Found 169 of over 182 reviews

4.0
Achilles Information CEO Jay Katzen (no image)
Jay Katzen
Pros
  • "Great people, great product and great prospects(in 9 reviews)

• "My colleagues are great and the ability to work with people across many countries is a major benefit(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Manager, Senior management are adding too much work to employees without giving proper compensation(in 11 reviews)

• "When will the next round of redundancies happen to reduce the overhead(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Consulting

Join the conversation on

Consulting

3y

works at

Deloitte

Harshest feedback you’ve ever received?

6,878

601 Comments

Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Love by job but lacking maternity pay

Apr 13, 2021 - Audit
      Business Outlook

Pros

I absolutely love my job. 1. No micro management in my team. 2. Fantastic manager who trusts you to get on with your job. 3. Really good initiatives in place to help us cope during the pandemic. For example, virtual cocktail making classes and fitness classes. 4. Regular townhall meetings with the senior management team. 5. The CEO emailing congratulations after each year you've worked for the business. 6. Good benefits (1 major lacking however will discuss below). Private medical insurance, dental insurance and a range of others of your choice. 7. Clear goals. 8. Annual employee questionnaire to provide feedback to the business. 9. Good work/life balance. 10. You feel appreciated.

Cons

1. Lack of maternity pay. This has been a discussion amongst many women recently in Achilles (even on virtual chats). We are lacking support here and may not be in a position to afford to be off work for a time after birthing children.

Achilles Information Response

Hi - thanks so much for such a positive and informative review, I really appreciate it. I'm happy to read about what works for you, and most importantly, that you feel appreciated. As you'll be aware now, in the April Town Hall, I announced changes to the maternity, paternity, adoption and miscarriage policies. Whilst these will differ from region to region, and I realise that the changes are incremental, it is something we are always reviewing. I still want to do more, so please reach out to me with feedback as I'd love to hear your views. Thanks - Jay

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Rewards Internal Talent

Apr 12, 2021 - Manager in Abingdon, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Business in the midst of large transformation. Fast decision making and swift execution. Recognises and gives opportunities to employees who have proved themselves in their role. Open and approachable management team.

Cons

Weak cross function co-operation with a tendency to blame others. Disagreements tend to be escalated rather than resolved peer to peer.

4 people found this review helpful

Achilles Information Response

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, which I read with interest. I'm really pleased that you feel we recognise talent and facilitate career advancement internally - that's really important to me. I know that cross function communication and co-operation comes up a lot in employee surveys, and it is a hard nut to crack. I'd be really interested in hearing your views on how we could improve and what practically we can do to ensure the best flow of information and co-operation between teams. I'll look into this further, and hopefully we can work better to ensure good cross function working. Thanks - Jay

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Very supportive company

Apr 1, 2021 - Customer Engagement Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

- supportive management - trying to invest in Mental Health - supportive co-workers

Cons

- remote working can be difficult around projects - maternity/paternity benefits could be improved

Achilles Information Response

I'm really pleased to read this review, and to see so much feeling that we are a supportive company. That's my experience and I'm happy to see it is yours also. Investment in Mental Health is, as you know, a personal priority for me, so that will always be important to us as a company. I know that remote working, for its many advantages, can prove a challenge on some projects, and many of us are looking forward to getting back into the office in some form and enjoying face to face meetings. Thanks for your comments around maternity and paternity benefits, as you will be aware in the April Town Hall I announced some improvements to this, but it's something that is important and we'll continue to focus on. Thanks - Jay

4. 5.0

Great 2021 start

Feb 16, 2021 - Analyst in Abingdon, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Better communication across teams, integrated systems

Cons

Nothing that really strikes my mind

2 people found this review helpful

Achilles Information Response

Great to read such a positive review - thanks for taking the time to write this. I feel exactly the same way, so I'm really pleased to learn this is your experience also. Please always reach out to me if you have any ideas to share - and keep up the great work.

5. 1.0
      Former Employee

Not going places

Mar 27, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Hmmmmm, hard to say really!

Cons

It’s not a software business

Be the first to find this review helpful

Achilles Information Response

I try to learn something from every review, but this is a challenge. I'm disappointed you weren't even happy with your colleagues as that's unusual. I agree, we provide software, analytics and services, which are all key and critical for our customers. Our services save lives, so I'm glad we provide them. Best of luck in your new endeavor. Jay

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Bright Future

Feb 9, 2021 - Senior Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company is on an upward path after many years of underperformance. The company culture has changed for the better and that's largely due to the American CEO who genuinely cares about employee welfare.

Cons

Industry knowledge is under-valued and there is a tendency to recruit software sales people that do not really understand their customer's requirements.

Achilles Information Response

Thanks for this review, which raises some interesting points. As you mention, I feel passionately that we have a strong, positive company culture, and I agree that we have made great strides around this in recent years. I'm interested that you feel that industry knowledge is under valued - I know that we have a lot of talented knowledgeable people in the business who make a huge contribution to the success of Achilles. Jay

7. 4.0
      Current Employee

Well run company

Feb 1, 2021 - Administrative
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great colleagues, majority of colleagues are easy to get on with and are happy to support others when needed. - Meetings held by CEO provide a clear insight into the future plans of the company. - CEO appears to have an genuine interest in all employees and makes themselves available to contact if needed. - Good range of employee benefits on offer. - Study support available. - Other external support services, such as online courses or mental health wellbeing support are provided. - Have dealt with the COVID situation very well, helping relieve some of the stress this pandemic has caused.

Cons

- There can be a feeling of an 'us & them' culture between senior management and other employees in relation to various processes and appraisal, this has improved over time in fairness. - Recognition of work can be hard to come by.

Achilles Information Response

This is a really interesting review to read, I'm grateful to you for taking the time to write in such detail - thank you. I'm particularly pleased that you feel that we have dealt with the Covid situation well, and that we have tried our best to mitigate the stress this challenging situation has created for us all. I take on board your other comments regarding an 'us and them' culture, and I'd be interested to explore this in further detail with you if you felt open to having a conversation about this. Recognition is something we're working on, so I hope you see material change in over the coming months. I would also welcome a discussion about this to ensure we can recognise all the right people and your input will help . Thanks, Jay

8. 5.0

Great people, exciting time

Jan 23, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Abingdon, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

My colleagues are great and the ability to work with people across many countries is a major benefit. The CEO and his team have done a lot over the past year to help during the pandemic and it had been very important for me and my family. It is an exciting time with the announcements around MyAchilles and it is really rewarding to see this a success now. The customers I work with are very supportive which makes my job fun.

Cons

I miss seeing my friends in person, but that is what it is like everywhere for now I guess.

Achilles Information Response

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I'm pleased to hear that the we've supported you well during this challenging last year. I am really proud of the way the team has pulled together both to support one another, but also to get the job done, whether this is MyAchilles or our day to day work with customers. Glad your job is fun! We all miss seeing our colleagues around, and I know we will value this much more when we go back to face to face meetings. We'll continue providing all the support necessary for as long as we need to. Thanks again for your commitment to the business.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Really supportive throughout the pandemic

Jan 22, 2021 - Senior Lead Auditor in Birmingham, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

A professional well managed organisation with big plans for the future.

Cons

Out-based work may not be for everyone.

Achilles Information Response

Thanks for leaving a review. I'm happy to hear that you appreciate the business and that you were able to see the the support during the pandemic. I agree entirely with you - we do have big plans for the future, and I am really excited about all the opportunities ahead of us in 2021. Stay safe. Jay.

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place

Jan 13, 2021 - Information Analyst in Abingdon, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work culture/environment. Management runs great and listens to everyone

Cons

No cons, would definitely recommend

Achilles Information Response

I'm really pleased you felt able to leave a positive review, thank you for taking the time to do this. As you'll know, we have made great efforts in promoting the culture we have at work - I believe it is really important. And, it is as important to listen, so it's great to hear that you feel we do. Thanks for your hard work. Jay

Viewing 1 - 10 of 169 Reviews