Achilles Information Employee Reviews about "colleagues are great"

Updated Feb 1, 2021

Found 7 of over 200 reviews

4.2
Achilles Information CEO Jay Katzen (no image)
Jay Katzen
Pros
  • "Great people, great product and great prospects(in 9 reviews)

• "My colleagues are great and the ability to work with people across many countries is a major benefit(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "This has been a discussion amongst many women recently in Achilles (even on virtual chats)(in 23 reviews)

• "Manager, Senior management are adding too much work to employees without giving proper compensation(in 12 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Consulting

130 Comments

Consulting

343.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/consulting/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Achilles Information~506249
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "colleagues are great"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great people, exciting time

Jan 23, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Abingdon, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

My colleagues are great and the ability to work with people across many countries is a major benefit. The CEO and his team have done a lot over the past year to help during the pandemic and it had been very important for me and my family. It is an exciting time with the announcements around MyAchilles and it is really rewarding to see this a success now. The customers I work with are very supportive which makes my job fun.

Cons

I miss seeing my friends in person, but that is what it is like everywhere for now I guess.

Achilles Information Response

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I'm pleased to hear that the we've supported you well during this challenging last year. I am really proud of the way the team has pulled together both to support one another, but also to get the job done, whether this is MyAchilles or our day to day work with customers. Glad your job is fun! We all miss seeing our colleagues around, and I know we will value this much more when we go back to face to face meetings. We'll continue providing all the support necessary for as long as we need to. Thanks again for your commitment to the business.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee

Well run company

Feb 1, 2021 - Administrative
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great colleagues, majority of colleagues are easy to get on with and are happy to support others when needed. - Meetings held by CEO provide a clear insight into the future plans of the company. - CEO appears to have an genuine interest in all employees and makes themselves available to contact if needed. - Good range of employee benefits on offer. - Study support available. - Other external support services, such as online courses or mental health wellbeing support are provided. - Have dealt with the COVID situation very well, helping relieve some of the stress this pandemic has caused.

Cons

- There can be a feeling of an 'us & them' culture between senior management and other employees in relation to various processes and appraisal, this has improved over time in fairness. - Recognition of work can be hard to come by.

Achilles Information Response

This is a really interesting review to read, I'm grateful to you for taking the time to write in such detail - thank you. I'm particularly pleased that you feel that we have dealt with the Covid situation well, and that we have tried our best to mitigate the stress this challenging situation has created for us all. I take on board your other comments regarding an 'us and them' culture, and I'd be interested to explore this in further detail with you if you felt open to having a conversation about this. Recognition is something we're working on, so I hope you see material change in over the coming months. I would also welcome a discussion about this to ensure we can recognise all the right people and your input will help . Thanks, Jay

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Positive and exciting

Jul 28, 2019 - Operations in Abingdon, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been here for a few years and have seen a lot of change, most of it positive. My colleagues are great, friendly and helpful, and our group has really been energised over the past year. There have been a number of promotions so it is great to see investment and development in the people here. I love the Wellbeing programs too, thank you.

Cons

Communication has improved a lot, just keep being more open to new ideas.

CEO

Thanks for this review - I was really pleased to learn that you and your group feel 'energised' at Achilles. We are committed to investing in and developing our staff, both from a career perspective and also with our wellbeing and charity programmes. I hope you continue to feel positive about working at Achilles - thanks so much for your contribution. If you have ideas on how to improve communication, please reach out directly to me so we can implement some of your ideas.

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Not great, not terrible...

Jul 26, 2019 - Finance in Abingdon, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

A few years back, Achilles was led by people who really believed in what we were doing, and who treated those below them with dignity and respect. If you look hard, there are still some great colleagues left, but they are leaving quickly.

Cons

Imagine me taking a breath and cracking my knuckles. Okay? Here we go. Let's start with the product. I can't remember who said that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting different results, but they probably had Achilles in mind. From here, it can only Accelerate into a Titanic failure (badum-tish) Moving on to what it's like to work there. The HR team is currently engaged in aggressively posting cheery well-being fluff all over social media, brandishing their cuddly credentials like holy water in the face of the emotional vampire that is Achilles' culture. I suppose they have to do something to counteract the rapidly revolving door of staff turnover, but knowing what it is actually like to work there makes this - for me - a deeply misleading and dishonest thing to do. And so to senior management. I have little doubt that this post will be followed by an official response vehemently insisting that these comments bear no resemblance to the 'real' Achilles and refusing point-blank to entertain the possibility that even the slightest thing may be wrong. If top management could get away with screaming 'fake news' at their detractors, I have no doubt they would do so. In any case, suggestions and constructive criticism are met with a Trump-like refusal to believe that anything that disagrees with the party line and ruthlessly crushing dissent like the worst kind of tin-pot dictators. This is not a place where employees are listened to, unless you happen to be one of the inner circle (and by that I mean willing to put aside all integrity to suck up to the top). And if all this isn't enough to give you pause for thought, I'd recommend reaching out to any one of the vast number of former employees on LinkedIn and asking for their unvarnished opinion on the place. I'm confident that the majority will only be too happy to share.

9 people found this review helpful

CEO

I appreciate the feedback and while I disagree with a number of comments, it is how you felt so I want to see what we can do to improve. We are far from perfect but we are focused on doing what's right and that is clear from the feedback by the people here. I do agree we have amazing colleagues here who are dedicated and passionate about what we do and how we help out customers. We have the lowest employee turnover that we've had in the past 5 years and our engagement scores are up, so I think the environment is improving, but we can always do more. I'll never apologise for HR and others being proud of Achilles and wanting to promote it. We have invested a lot in people, wellbeing and charitable contribution programs, so I'm proud of people telling others about it. It's easy to say I/we won't listen so why bother, but that seems like a cop out to me. I know we can improve so I would encourage you to provide feedback so I can understand what happened, and see what we can to do change and improve. Please feel free to contact me directly at glassdoor@achilles.com. I wish you luck in your next role.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Change is tough, but improving and creating new opportunities

Apr 28, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Abingdon, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Provide a good service to our customers, really great colleagues and people across regions to work with. Our platforms are getting better and there are exciting projects underway. I see more growth today than a couple years ago. People genuinely want to help, and being part of the WIG is energising.

Cons

The change was hard, needed, but hard on a lot of people. Better communication would have helped.

1 person found this review helpful

CEO

I'm so pleased to see that you feel this way about Achilles. Thank you for your review. I totally agree that we have really great colleagues, and that our platforms are improving. People do want to help, and that is great to see. I take your point that communications surrounding change is important to get right, and I'm always willing to learn and improve. We're taking time over the next few weeks to ensure that the way we engage with employees is as good as it can be, making it easier to communicate between teams and as a business. Keep up the enthusiasm, and keep communicating.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Challenging and changing but moving forward

Mar 27, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Abingdon, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Colleagues are great and we are making progress with many key customers. I have talked to a number of them and the conversation is much better than it was in the past. Technology, while still a bottleneck at times, is much better and I see people listening much more. It is a different place than it was even a year ago. I think most of the management team is open and that's refreshing. Benefits have improved a lot.

Cons

Speed is still an issue and while technology is better, I would like to see us move faster. Flex time exists but not to the extent I would like.

Continue reading
      Be the first to find this review helpful

CEO

Thanks for your review, which offers some helpful insights and observations. I was really happy to read that you feel that 'you see people listening much more' as this is a key area I have also seen great improvements in. It is also great to hear that you feel that the atmosphere is open - that's what I experience when I come in to work, and I'm glad this is consistent with your experience. Keep communicating and we'll keep listening.

7. 1.0
      Current Employee

Such a shame - this company could be so much better

Mar 30, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Abingdon, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some great colleagues. Good location on Milton Park, close to shops and post office. The toilets are kept nice and clean,

Cons

Uncertainty - benefits being reviewed (ie taken away). A few sweets and some fruit in the office do not make up for proper benefits - flexitime being the most valued. High staff turnover. Morale is low. Car parking is difficult. Employees are not treated equally - it is a very discriminatory environment in many ways.

11 people found this review helpful