Acora Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Full-time Part-time

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
David Rabson

"Very open culture and fast growing business."

Current Employee - Learning and Development Manager in Burgess Hill, England
    Current Employee - Learning and Development Manager in Burgess Hill, England

I have been working at Acora (More than a year)

Pros

Have only been with Acora a short period of time but already impressed with the set up and the direction of the company. In my opinion, what sets it apart is the attitude of its people - it is a very collaborative environment. Very warm welcome from everyone across the business. Clear direction and vision from the board and CEO of where he/they want to take the company.

Cons

The whole company needs to relocate to Brighton (for purely selfish reasons.....) . CEO a rabid Spurs fan....aside from that, genuinely, none so far.

Advice to Management

Keep up the direction, and communication to your staff, of the vision you have for the business and its people.

2. "Interesting Place to Work"

Former Employee - Service Desk Analyst in Solihull, England
    Former Employee - Service Desk Analyst in Solihull, England

I worked at Acora full-time (More than a year)

Pros

From a technical point of view Acora is a brilliant place to work in order to get the range of experience you need within the IT Support Industry.

The members of staff I worked with were brilliant - MOST members of staff were extremely helpful and would go the extra mile to ensure the business ran as smooth as possible

HR staff - Well the HR staff in the Birmingham office, friendly and helpful with any personal/work issue you could always feel comfortable as for the BH office (not a clue, non existent HR dept)

New Service Desk Manager appears to be having a positive impact on the SD

Engineering Team - Helpful and knowledgeable - most of which will take time out to support and help you develop which is much appreciated - including the TL

Training - for me was brilliant I was able to get the opportunity to complete a course, and various projects with the engineering team - this was purely circumstantial however and the same treatment was not for everyone else but it was a beneficial factor for me.

Cons

Well where do I start...

PAY - I don't think there needs much explanation - many members of staff could easily getter a better pay package elsewhere - the "good" feeling on the desk is what keeps employees - which appears to be disappearing. If pay was better - the staff retention wouldn't be so bad. The pay rise of 2% for most members of staff was embarrassing to say the least considering the amount of money they spend on biscuits and tea - the way it was also delivered was terrible.

Various members of management (TLs, Senior, Shift Leads - Not too sure what the role is) have a complete disconnection with the staff and the way in which people work - It is a shame that such a good working relationship can be ruined by various people. The amount of "snakey" people within management is shocking - people throwing staff under the bus to get to the top - its quite laughable seeing this behaviour from grown men. The way members of staff are treated is quite shocking at times.

Shifts - the idea of moving to a new Shift seemed great for a mature company, its just unfortunate that Acora wasn't ready for the step toward the new shift pattern and placed staff in roles which they really shouldn't have (how they passed the interview - I will never know) this has lead to increased workloads on staff and meaning more frustration put onto the Service Desk - IE taking calls out of hours for non-priority issues.

When employees go the "extra mile" (out of hours calls, when not on call, staying behind etc) its quite quickly forgotten which becomes irritating.

The staff turnover - the amount of people that have left in the space of time I worked there was ridiculous. I suspect the recruitment isn't great because they will employ incompetent people in various different roles (TLs, SDAs, Mgmt) this increases workload on staff because they have to pick up others work, or constantly re-train people in the same area.

Advice to Management

Start taking care of "the good guys" it will benefit you in the long run

Get rid of the incompetent staff

Continue with pushing people to learn - everyone enjoys it

Trust your staff and stop over-working them

Get rid of a good 15 members of staff the SDM knows who they are and the company will run extremely well

Improve pay :)

3. "Nasty"

Former Employee - IT Service Desk Analyst in Burgess Hill, England
    Former Employee - IT Service Desk Analyst in Burgess Hill, England

I worked at Acora (More than a year)

Pros

Nice team and lots of technology to play with

Cons

Some management just makes jokes about firing you. Shoot first attitude to employees. There is a HR office of unfriendly staff. HR department in burgess hill is very rude most people do not go there with problems. Seriously need to change how they treat employees because it's not a nice place to work.

Advice to Management

Seriously need to change how they treat employees because it's not a nice place to work. you will get better results this way

"Unpleasant"

Current Employee - Service Desk Analyst Tier II in Solihull, England
    Current Employee - Service Desk Analyst Tier II in Solihull, England

I have been working at Acora full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can look towards payday
    Learn many technical skills through different environments
    Take that experience elsewhere

Cons

Awful shift patterns
    No proper benefits to being on shift
    Performance reviews based on stats, leading to heavy 'padding' with easy cases. A case that takes 1hour is valued the same as a 2minute one.
    Poor distribution of skills - some of the Level 1/2 Analysts are more knowledgable than lvl 3's
    Management treats you like schoolchildren
    Awful pay
    No progression, and even if you get a promotion its not worth the extra work for such little pay

Advice to Management

Nothing

"Unprofessional, Abusive, Slave Labour, Poor Leadership"

Former Employee - Technician in Solihull, England
    Former Employee - Technician in Solihull, England

Pros

Working at Acora opens doors to many technologies. Exposure to various Vendor Techs.
    Exposure to different customer environments.

Cons

No courses available to staff. Broken promises. Poor shift patterns. High attrition rates of staff.
    Poor management. Abusive and childish staff. Unhelpful team members. No guidance. All about the stats to keep board members happy. No work life and social life balance. Company policy applies as and when it suits the company.

Advice to Management

Why bother, i raised many concerns during my time, and they were more or less all ignored.

"The Great escape"

Former Employee - Service Desk Analyst Tier I in Solihull, England
    Former Employee - Service Desk Analyst Tier I in Solihull, England

I worked at Acora full-time

Pros

Pay day is the only thing you can rely on

Cons

The office is very unorganized, the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. Staff turn over is a joke, people moan to each other about working there. It is stated that you work * weekends in a year but end up doing two a month. You are left alone with one other person at night so when Priority 1 cases come in you are left alone with an unorganized heap of information on a shared drive and can not get hold of an "on call incident manager". When ever you ask you manager anything he says "refer to the customer care pack" and training on the systems is poor and limited to 20 min sessions in which the only thing you achieve is falling asleep. You also end up doing tier 2 work on tier 1 pay. sensitive information is not very well protected either. And lying seems to be encouraged. You are told to lie to clients about various services they are paying for, you are lied to about shifts, lied to about benefits, and lied about in performance reviews.
    When it comes to booking holiday they have one member of staff that does this, you submit a request and you have to chase it up right until the day before you are due to go on annual leave. If it does get actioned on time the response is laughable, you are told that in order to take time off you have to find someone to cover your shift, this anywhere else is the job of H.R and the Manager. When you complain about this you are told that "she has a lot to do" and this is the status quo so deal with it, which most staff moan about. I have never worked in such a toppsy turvy unprofessional environment, it's like they just wing it and make it up as they go along. Clients pay for specific services and they do not deliver, they lie to the clients which does not sit right with yourself.
    I strongly recommend that if an agent approaches you with a vacancy for these guys or you see a vacancy ...DO NOT APPLY. You will regret it if you do.

Advice to Management

Take a look around you, listen to your staff and Learn!

8. "Challenging and rewarding"

Current Employee - Service Desk Analyst Tier I in Solihull, England
    Current Employee - Service Desk Analyst Tier I in Solihull, England

I have been working at Acora full-time

Pros

Working for Acora is fast paced, exciting and always challenging. The exposure to technologies is amazing. There are training opportunities for all levels. The Acora family are always helpful and flexible for the good of the business. The board members know most of the staff on a first name basis are always available for a chat or advice which is something I have never experienced.

Cons

The pressure of supporting multiple customers can sometimes be a con, it is something that takes getting used to. Working on the support desk normally means you will be working shifts some may say this is a con. However this is essential for the companies business plans and goals.

Advice to Management

As we all know the business plans and projections are fantastic. My advice would be to keep going as you are, keep listening to your staff lets try to remain a company that values its employees and looks after them.

9. "A Company that knows it's business inside out and continues to soar!"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Burgess Hill, England
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Burgess Hill, England

I have been working at Acora (More than a year)

Pros

Job satisfaction
    You can make a difference
    Good tech set-up in leading technologies
    Promotes within
    Daily challenges
    Welcoming and a sense of belonging to something special
    Great Team work ethic
    A company that continues to grow at speed and knows where it's headed
    CEO regular company focus and direction communicated to all staff
    Training workshops and exams provided
    Competitive salaries
    If you have the passion you will succeed!

Cons

IT Customer service desk environment means high pressure to deliver
    Staff resourcing in keeping up with high customer demands

Advice to Management

Brainstorm sessions with staff workshops to keep working smarter and be a step ahead
    Bright idea of the month award
    Working hours/rota's reviewed to ensure optimum performance 24/7

10. "Fast Paced, Forever Growing, Clear Vision"

Current Employee - Technical Systems Engineer in Sompting, England
    Current Employee - Technical Systems Engineer in Sompting, England

I have been working at Acora full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Having only worked for Acora for a short amount of time (1 Year) I have seen a range of different types of progression; whether its the company itself taking on bigger contracts/customers, increasing its head count or its looking after there current employee's and promoting them internally, this is the fast paced environment you want to work in!

I have been lucky enough to have progressed from our 24x7 Service Desk to our Technical Engineering Team in around 8-9 months from starting at Acora.

Management are always keeping us up-to-date with the latest news across the whole business and there are regular meetings with management on Acora's Vision and our 3 & 5 year plans with updates quarterly in-between these meetings to update on progress etc...

Cons

Acora is not for the faint-hearted, the speed at which the company is forever changing is challenging at times.

There are times where all hands are required on deck and it can be a case of staying very late some evenings, starting early or getting involved with other department issues that you are not involved in directly, but these all make Acora stronger at the end of the day!

However the saying " You only get out what you put in" is certainly true at Acora, which is great for those people who enjoy going the extra mile, staying late to get an issue resolved etc...

Advice to Management

Continue updating staff more regularly regarding changes at Acora and updates on the 3/5 year plans.

Look after the people who are wiling to give most of their time to Acora and don't let them think that they are just doing it without recognition or reward

11. "A decent place to work - but you have to put the effort in"

Current Employee - IT Manager in Burgess Hill, England
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Burgess Hill, England

I have been working at Acora full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I am in a Technical role within the company.

There is a clear vision and a plan of how to achieve it - and we are constantly updated on this (quarterly)

Things move fast, there is never a dull moment, and there are some great Technical people working there who you can learn from. And you do get to work with interesting Tech.

The company is growing fast - this gives a lot of opportunities for personal development and getting new skills.

Training is prioritised, with resources and time given.

You will do well if you work hard, put the hours in and work with management.

Cons

It is 24/7 on the service desk with a lot of shifts, and tucked away in a Business Park - so there is not as much socialising after work as I would like.

The company is growing fast - this also brings challenges - at times the workload gets ahead of the resource and that is tough till it catches up, and at times key management and decision makers are hard to pin down while other priorities take their time.

The facility could be better.

Advice to Management

During the times when workload gets ahead of resource, work closely with the teams affected - show them that it is being worked on and an end is in sight.

Think what we can do with the facility to make it a better place to work.