Acorn Stairlifts Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Acorn Stairlifts Reviews

Updated 11 Nov 2019

2.7
Acorn Stairlifts CEO John Jakes (no image)
John Jakes
Pros
  • "Great transport links, very nice people and all round good vibe(in 9 reviews)

• "no pros at all at this dysfunctional company(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "No room for growth if you are good at what you do(in 6 reviews)

• "Depending on the mood of upper management, your day could be neutral or negative(in 6 reviews)

"No regrets, I thoroughly enjoy my job"

Current Employee - Customer Relations Advisor in Steeton, England

I have been working at Acorn Stairlifts full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Acorn has played a massive part in shaping me as an adult within the 11 years I've worked here (and counting). I've been given fantastic opportunities in running entire projects and have learnt a great deal. I find management very approachable and feel lucky to share in their wisdom as I continue to develop my own style of leadership. With the support and encouragement I am given I hope to continue climbing the... ladder at Acorn . Feeling secure and respected in my position I am able to work at my best whilst also being pushed to better myself, in all the right ways. Don't get me wrong its busy, stressful and frustrating sometimes but what is life without this and in all honesty I wouldn't have it any other way. No regrets, I thoroughly enjoy my job and look forward to the years ahead.

Cons

I feel more could be done by way of thanks, as even the dress down days require a fixed none voluntary donation. The odd freebie now and then would most definitely go down well with all staff.

Acorn Stairlifts2019-09-29
  2. "Just know what to expect and it's okay"

Current Employee - Sales Adviser

I have been working at Acorn Stairlifts full-time

Pros

Decent pay, great mix of people working there, they are happy with progression and moving departments Good canteen

Cons

Unpaid breaks, management can be difficult with holidays even when booking in advance,

Acorn Stairlifts2019-09-10
  3. "A good place to work"

Current Employee - Sales in Steeton, England

I have been working at Acorn Stairlifts full-time

Pros

Good pay, good location.

Cons

A lot of weekend work

Acorn Stairlifts2019-06-25
  4. "Good but not perfect"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Steeton, England

I have been working at Acorn Stairlifts full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly staff, good location for public transport, free parking, canteen on site selling hot food and drinks

Cons

Office doesn't feel very modern, some IT problems, how much you enjoy the job depends a lot on your department

Acorn Stairlifts2019-06-19
  5. "I enjoy working at Acorn"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Steeton, England

I have been working at Acorn Stairlifts full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have worked here over 5 years. The staff who work here are very hard working and friendly. The location is great for if you either drive or do not.

Cons

The building and equipment are very out of date. Basic wages for skilled jobs.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your staff, listen to them. Rules should be across the board not for who you like that day.

Acorn Stairlifts2019-06-05
  6. "Acorn Stairlifts"

Current Employee - Service Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Acorn Stairlifts full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You Work from home, overtime is available if you require it.Good training for new starters I have worked here as a service engineer for nearly 7 years,I personally enjoy my job , the office ,team leader and service manger is supportive if I have an issue, acorn is a good place to work it doesn’t suit everybody but for me it’s does everybody has different views and opinions, this is my own honest opinion. one in... every 3 weekends you work,again this is not for everyone but works for me

Cons

Lots of driving and can’t be sure of times you get home at times due to the nature of the job it and

Acorn Stairlifts2019-05-27
  7. "Feels like a family"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Steeton, England

I have been working at Acorn Stairlifts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Easy commute Really well paid Friendly atmosphere Tight knit community where you feel you know everyone on a personal level Good balance of work and banter

Cons

have to work 1 in 4 Saturdays without a day off midweek, can get very draining

Advice to Management

Continue as you are and keep up the good work

8. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Customer Relation Manager in Steeton, England

I have been working at Acorn Stairlifts full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Lovely location Friendly work colleagues Higher management empower individuals to make decisions Career opportunities and progression

Cons

There is nothing to report

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work - implemented more avenues to listen to staff members opinion.

Acorn Stairlifts2019-05-24
  9. "Friendly staff and buzzing environment"

Current Employee - Customer Service Team Leader in Silsden, England

I have been working at Acorn Stairlifts full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very fast paced work, staff are very friendly and easy to get along with. Manage a fantastic team who work really hard and support others. Canteen has a good range of food options for an area that doesn't have many outside food options. The working environment is clean and bright plus outside views are lovely. Free water and recycling facilities. Great training sessions, staff really try to engage you rather than... bore you to death with over loading information. Have your say meetings are very good as this gives opportunity for co-coordinators to speak to higher management. The company holds charity fundraisers and also staff event days.

Cons

Communication needs to improve and when policies change this needs to be done across the board so there is no confusion.

Acorn Stairlifts2019-05-24
  10. "Work Hard, Play Hard :-)"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Steeton, England

I have been working at Acorn Stairlifts full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

achievable targets with excellent commissions, great incentives, friendly staff, free wifi and car parking. Its not all work, we have some great days/nights out as rewards, Acorn annual garden party is good fun for all employees.

Cons

Canteen do cheap breakfasts, so not good on your waistline.

Acorn Stairlifts2019-05-16