Acorn Stairlifts Reviews

Updated 21 Jan 2021

2.8
Acorn Stairlifts  Chairman John Jakes (no image)
John Jakes
Pros
  • "Great transport links, very nice people and all round good vibe(in 9 reviews)

• "Friendly work environment, excellent health benefits, room for growth(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "upper management will leave you in the dark about policies(in 9 reviews)

• "Blondie and her minions will make you feel like you’re in high school(in 6 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "An excellent opportunity for those with drive"

Current Employee - Sales in Steeton, England

I have been working at Acorn Stairlifts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Competitive pay, enjoyable working environment, excellent training support, opportunities to excel. I have worked for Acorn since July 2017 and I can honestly say I love my job. The pay is fair, the rewards are plentiful and people I get to work with are exceptionally talented. When you leave work you are done for the day, with very little stress.

Cons

Aside from the office getting a little too warm this summer, nothing to complain about.

Continue reading
  2. "Overall not a bad company to work for"

2.0
    Former Employee - Production Assistant in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England

I worked at Acorn Stairlifts full-time for less than a year

Pros

Plenty of overtime cheap food when canteen open

Cons

Factory floor could to with up dating

3. "N/A"

2.0
    Current Employee - Producton Operator in Steeton, England

I have been working at Acorn Stairlifts full-time

Pros

I'd rather not say thank you

Cons

Not much chance of promotion

"This company is devoid of morals"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Keighley, England

I worked at Acorn Stairlifts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You get to correct some of the wrongs that the company commit by selling sub-standard equipment to elderly and disabled people if you go rogue

Cons

They cold-call and sell poorly manufactured and intentionally faulty equipment to the elderly, disabled, and vulnerable. Their products are unreliable and they exploit that fact to charge customers for service plans and call-outs to fix the issues created by their own poor quality manufacturing

September 15, 2020Social Media Coordinator

Good Morning, I was disappointed to read your comments in relation to your employment at Acorn. I can confirm this is not a true reflection of the company, as we do not cold-call, and our stairlifts have a well earned reputation for quality and reliability. Whilst I hope that any concerns you had were raised at the time, if you would like to discuss this further, please contact the HR team. Kind Regards, Deborah - Acorn Stairlifts

5. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Sales in Aberdeen, Scotland

I have been working at Acorn Stairlifts full-time

Pros

Well paid and great people

Cons

I can’t think of any

March 12, 2020Social Media Coordinator

Thank you for your review, It's great to hear you're so happy at Acorn!

6. "Good, Reliable Work"

4.0

I have been working at Acorn Stairlifts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lovely grounds, has own canteen, easy to get to by public transport

Cons

Same as most places, pay could be better

"Awful to work for"

Former Employee - Consulting Group Analyst

I worked at Acorn Stairlifts full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The business will go bankcrupt

Cons

Sole focus is profit not people. Strategy is buying up struggling companies, sacking existing staff and then absorbing at the centre

"It’s not what you know it’s WHO you know"

I worked at Acorn Stairlifts

Pros

The only best thing about this place is to take your mental health and leave. Unless you are related to the sales floor manager or you are a good friend you have no hope

Cons

I was so excited to start here and was looking forward to the new challenges I would be facing . I was quick to learn that no matter what knowledge you have acquired in previous roles and how capable you may be they never let you progress further. Family members get employed here and you have an 18 year old girl walking round ruling the whole floor and no one would dare challenge her. Team leaders should be there to assist and provide help as and when necessary not to make you feel like a nuisance. Telling grown adult men off is just pathetic. Many TL are paid to sit and do absolutely nothing. The people who are least valued are the ones actually keeping the business rolling. The dedication of some of the staff members working on the sales floor is phenomenal. They keep the business going. Not the people sat in the chairs doing nothing but getting paid.The best thing the CEO or his Barbados buddy can do is get rid and start again.

November 27, 2019Social Media Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to review your employment with us. We are sorry to hear that you did not find the experience a positive one and that you felt your progress was limited. As our presence and brand expands globally, we are able to offer our valued staff members fantastic opportunities for personal growth and career progression. Indeed many of our Team Leaders and Managers have been able to progress through the company thanks to exceptional performance in previous roles. Our "Recommend a friend" recruitment scheme that has been in place for many years, and has proven to be a successful means of attracting new talent to the company whilst also offering existing staff members a reward for their part in the process. This is one of several reward schemes in place to recognise our employees' phenomenal efforts.

"No regrets, I thoroughly enjoy my job"

Current Employee - Customer Relations Advisor in Steeton, England

I have been working at Acorn Stairlifts full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Acorn has played a massive part in shaping me as an adult within the 11 years I've worked here (and counting). I've been given fantastic opportunities in running entire projects and have learnt a great deal. I find management very approachable and feel lucky to share in their wisdom as I continue to develop my own style of leadership. With the support and encouragement I am given I hope to continue climbing the ladder at Acorn . Feeling secure and respected in my position I am able to work at my best whilst also being pushed to better myself, in all the right ways. Don't get me wrong its busy, stressful and frustrating sometimes but what is life without this and in all honesty I wouldn't have it any other way. No regrets, I thoroughly enjoy my job and look forward to the years ahead.

Cons

I feel more could be done by way of thanks, as even the dress down days require a fixed none voluntary donation. The odd freebie now and then would most definitely go down well with all staff.

10. "Just know what to expect and it's okay"

4.0
    Current Employee - Sales Adviser

I have been working at Acorn Stairlifts full-time

Pros

Decent pay, great mix of people working there, they are happy with progression and moving departments Good canteen

Cons

Unpaid breaks, management can be difficult with holidays even when booking in advance,

September 16, 2019Social Media Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think about working at Acorn! All feedback is logged and valued. It's great you're so happy with your colleagues and the canteen!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 198 English Reviews