Adaptavist Reviews

Found 106 of over 109 reviews

4.5
Adaptavist CEO Simon Haighton-Williams
Simon Haighton-Williams
Pros
  • "Work-life balance is wonderful and the work can be very interesting(in 16 reviews)

• "Adaptavist has a healthy company culture that puts people first and cares about work-life balance(in 12 reviews)

• Cons
  • "A few growing pains due to rapid growth, but those continue to improve(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

57 Comments

Tech

203.9K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Adaptavist~923708
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Genuine flexibility and autonomy

May 12, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Truly flexible hours - Amazing benefits - Autonomy and trust from the outset - Positive culture with minimal stress - Lots of opportunities to try new things without a culture of blame

Cons

- Can be siloed - Rapidly growing and changing (for most people this is a pro, but for some it might be unsettling) - Remote nature makes it difficult to form bonds - Experiences differ depending on what team you’re in

2. 5.0

Remote working done right

May 3, 2022 - Technical Writer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Like so many, I've had to adapt to full-time remote working over the past couple of years. Adaptavist do a lot to make that as pain-free as possible. I've worked for some other companies in the last couple of years that have made zero effort to assist a workforce trying to find its feet with remote working. Adaptavist encourage teams to get together online and do things that aren't work. They trust you to manage your own workload and don't expect you to be at their beck and call 24 hours a day just because you work from home. They have a lot of long-standing employees who really know their stuff and are always willing to take the time out to answer a question from someone trying to get to grips with their products.

Cons

I've not yet had any negative experiences during my time with Adaptavist.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

One of the best companies I have ever worked

Apr 19, 2022 - Lead Product Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

* They trust you * You have a community of Product Managers you can exchange ideas with * Various products in different stages of their life cycle that you can manage and learn new skills * I can work from home, or go to the office. Whatever is best for me and my team

Cons

We are still in the process of becoming a data-driven company, so you will not be in contact with cutting edge technologies or ways of working related to data. Like experimentation :(

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Freedom to create and innovate

Apr 19, 2022 - Software Engineer in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Having come from a different industry, the first thing I noticed was small freedoms, such as being trusted to use github appropriately, and then larger freedoms, such as being allowed to suggest and deliver product enhancements. There isn't the siloed setup where you have to stay in your lane. Your thoughts and opinions are welcomed across the business. Likewise, whilst there isn't a chaotic free-for-all, you are empowered to suggest and champion technologies that you want to use. Everyone from the CEO downwards will have time for a cup of tea or a zoom call. There is an acceptance of you for who you are - they take the rough with the smooth. Consequently they have some of the most varied, in background, ways of thinking etc, set of employees that I have come across. If you are capable but want to try a different role, they will go out of their way to make this happen for you. The underlying impression is one of trust and faith in individuals. I have worked at companies that attempt to monitor you continuously through "presence detection" etc, such a thing would be a ludicrous idea at Adaptavist.

Cons

Currently without a permanent office in some locations but not for lack of trying. As others have said cons are usually temporary and caused by the growth in workforce.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing company with a lot of trust in employees.

Apr 14, 2022 - Engineer in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

People Trust given to the employees to do their job Opportunities provided to improve Benefits

Cons

Some people may feel like the direction is unclear.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A company that actually cares.

Apr 14, 2022 - Web Developer Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

I go to work with a smile! I truly enjoy how the company is set up, how much importance is put on individualism, personal development and work-life balance. Colleagues that are really there for you and will help you with lots of patience. As a Junior, support I got here is unbelievable. I've learn so much and I had so much fun doing it. You have their trust from the first day and the whole company is set up in a way that common sense prevails. Dream job.

Cons

Currently none. I would say salary, but I also understand I'm a junior with a first time job in this field, and what's not compensated by salary is compensated in the way I'm being taught and many other benefits.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Finally - A workplace that treats me like an adult.

Apr 14, 2022 - Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Everyone from senior management to new starters are on a level playing field and respected; in my first senior management meeting I was able to chat and joke whilst still getting down to brass tacks. - You're treated as an adult, and trusted. No strict in-office requirement, no strict holiday process, total flexibility and a 'as long as your work is done, do it how you like' mantra throughout. - Good tools and processes; booking leave is easy, HR systems are clean and effective, good intranet, open communication to all levels and total transparency and respect. - Everyone respects your way of working. If you want to do 9-to-5 in an office, you can; if you want to knock out 35 hours at the start of your week, you can; if you need to hop away to pick up your kids, go to an appointment or go help a family member or something, you can. Just get the work done and that's all they ask. - Wonderful culture of trust, equality, cultural celebration and togetherness without forcing the tired old "everyone's a family!" or "work hard, play hard!" cliches other businesses adopt. Here it's just in the DNA and not shoved in your face. - Not forced into management roles through career progression. If you're in a technical role, you can go to the same pay grade as a senior manager without having ever managed a single person. Work with Adaptavist and they work with you. - No BS.

Cons

None that I can think of.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great culture

Apr 14, 2022 - Product Marketing Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Honestly, one of the best workplaces. People are great. Unlimited holidays.

Cons

Salary is average; processes are not stable yet.

9. 3.0

Ok but needs work

Mar 6, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited holiday, Trust, Flexible working

Cons

People put in positions of power with limited experience (who you know not what you know). Some employees just ‘vanish’ without any announcements which is off putting.

3 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company and culture

Feb 24, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Adaptavist is a great company to work for, with a robust, inclusive and supportive culture.

Cons

There are some growing pains, but nothing I have not seen in other companies at the same stage.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 106 Reviews

Adaptavist Reviews FAQs

Adaptavist has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5, based on over 109 reviews left anonymously by employees. 94% of employees would recommend working at Adaptavist to a friend and 85% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Adaptavist employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Adaptavist. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

94% of Adaptavist employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Adaptavist 4.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Adaptavist Job Seekers