Admiral Group CCR Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Admiral Group CEO David Stevens
David Stevens

"Renewals CCR"

Former Employee - CCR in Swansea, Wales

I worked at Admiral Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work environment. Free fruit, No Uniform, Share Scheme. Fun games and other perks. If you can give them their pound of flesh they will treat you like a king.

Cons

high pressure environment, Basic wage supplemented by bonus' for hitting sales targets. Nepotism is rife. No real possibility of upwards movement unless you go out drinking with the managers every week. Shift pattern leave you with no real work/life balance.

Advice to Management

Amend shift pattens to provide a better balance for staff. More development of staff based on ability and not whether they are good friends with the boss' in the department.s

Admiral Group2015-04-21

"Horrible"

Former Employee - CCR in Newport, Newport, Wales

I worked at Admiral Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some weekends off and making friends

Cons

Draining days, constantly repetitive, lots and lots of drama in the workplace

Advice to Management

Be more professional

Admiral Group2019-05-07

"New business ccr"

Current Employee - New Business CCR in Cardiff, Wales

I have been working at Admiral Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good working environment and central location in Cardiff which is handy for location. And the resources are better here than other sites.

Cons

Doesn’t promote diversity actively - despite what sgm states. Especially within management. Lack of female and people from ethnic backgrounds. Sometimes the recruitment can seem like desperation to get anyone who looks like they will tick the diversity box, to easily get the job. This way of hiring doesn’t work. As far as I’m aware this is a lot worse in the Newport and Swansea offices. You have to be in a clique... within management to get ahead. This is very disappointing and cliquey. I know that people who are liked and mates of management or if they are having close relations with them- they will be promoted. If you questions the management team - you will find out all this unprofessional conduct and behaviour. PS should investigate this.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring people you like or are friends with for management roles. Be more diverse on the people you promote, but not for just ticking boxes. Have anonymous feedback from people from diverse backgrounds- this will be the only way you learn to improve diversity. So people can be honest and not feel uncomfortable or any animosity for telling your their true opinions. As a ethnic minority I can tell you it is... difficult discussing these things openly, without feeling any judgment or misunderstanding. Train all staff on diversity, I have been in situations where I have experienced comments that have made me uncomfortable, I know it’s not malicious it just understanding. For example: I was once told by a colleague “you say yer, like we do” implying that it’s you and us? Sometimes people don’t understand things that are important to me and my religion and I don’t expect people to know everything just don’t discard what I say. I have been declined religious holidays in the past due to cal board expectations, can you look at these scenarios separately.

Admiral Group2018-04-02

"Renewals ccr"

Former Employee - Renewals Ccr
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Admiral Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

absolutely loved this job at first probation was simple pay was okay for my age shift patterns were okay bonuses seemed to be real perks

Cons

after passing probation I was hit with a million commands about selling this and that, spending half hour convincing someone to stay after there price had probably increased by atleast 10% till last year the company made you try and sell three products on calls that ranged from £30-£90. the amount of times I had customers who where really irate after trying to sell left me with some real confidence issues. training... was given but nothing could help with the back lash from customers. my manager was more hooked up to calling his wife whilst on a one to one session and moaning If we didn't hit targets cause that's how he got his pay

Advice to Management

cut down on the selling it really knocks people's confidence and allow people to not feel scared when reporting a senior manager. I know that six member of my team who are still there, are to scared to speak out they seriously are thinking about going a different route

Admiral Group2016-04-22
  5. "Great environment"

Current Employee - CCR in Halifax, NS

I have been working at Admiral Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fantastic workplace, great benefits, healthy workplace culture, room for upward mobility. Plenty of performance incentives, share schemes, and overtime options.

Cons

Can be stressful, base pay somewhat low.

Admiral Group2019-06-18