Admiral Group Reviews in Halifax, NS | Glassdoor.co.uk

Admiral Group Halifax Reviews

Updated 28 August 2018

Halifax, NS, Canada Area (Canada)

3.8
Admiral Group Group CEO David Stevens
David Stevens

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Amazing benefits ( free fruit, gym passes, day aways, movie tickets, buy a book" (in 14 reviews)

• "Share scheme, friendly people, generally treated well" (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "Company are flexible with part time working/childcare are brilliant share scheme" (in 8 reviews)

• "Too much pressure - general call centre stress" (in 5 reviews)

1. "sales representative"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Halifax, NS (Canada)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Halifax, NS (Canada)

I have been working at Admiral Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good vibe good people good benefits

Cons

easy work , easy money, easy relationship

Advice to Management

keep going , employ more people like obama

2. "Customer care representative"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Halifax, NS (Canada)

I have been working at Admiral Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It’s amazing the over times hours are fantastic, everyone is super friendly, they really support and work with you, teachers during induction we’re awesome! And they do so much for the staff, handing out treats and having team outing parties, bringing in lunch for us every month, fresh fruit free for staff daily. Free healthy snacks on Fridays! Weekend breakfast! Free taxi chits for early weekend shifts. Discounted bus passes, benefits start from day 1. Stable full time hours and 6 weeks of holiday pay!

Cons

Phone job, some rude customers - totally with it-tough!

Advice to Management

Keep it going !

"Define true"

Former Employee - Renewal Specialist in Halifax, NS (Canada)
    Former Employee - Renewal Specialist in Halifax, NS (Canada)

I worked at Admiral Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cult like indoctrination into working for the company so not a pro but many think it is

Cons

Abuse abuse and more abuse

Advice to Management

Your team manager pulled me into an office and said I was trying to tarnish his reputation I have absolutely no idea what that means but that is absolutely awful to tell someone who is working there for only three months. They pull you into rooms and yell at you about accidentally transferring people to customer service and try to fill their own agendas. I wouldn’t wish the job on my enemy Halifax renewals is ruthless for such an entry level job and the team manager I had was abusive and prided himself on being an ex criminal and would regularity boast about it

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales CCR in Halifax, NS (Canada)
    Current Employee - Sales CCR in Halifax, NS (Canada)

I have been working at Admiral Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Daytime shifts; advancement and personal development opportunities; lots of training; free fruit every day; yoga and massage on site; lots of free food; awesome parties; rewards for hard form; regular recognition and celebration of successes; lots of coaching, positive & constructive feedback; become an Admiral shareholder; rewards for length of service; incentives for high performance.

Cons

Early morning shifts (6 am) can be rough if you're not a morning person; steep learning curve to overcome at the start; constant change that you need to be resilient for; if you're not ready to work for the incentive the base wage is not huge.

7 Dec 2017 – Digital Recruitment Executive

Dear Current Employee,
    We’re thrilled that you enjoy the entrepreneurial and fun culture of Admiral and thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. Kind Regards, Amy

"Fantastic company to work for."

Current Employee - Underwriter in Halifax, NS (Canada)
    Current Employee - Underwriter in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Pros

Lots of potential to earn money with bonuses. Great benefits package. Great people to work with. Lots of fun and growth. Also free shares after 3 years of employment!

Cons

None except the pay doesn't seem to compare with other insurance companies locally. Nothing really bad to say about this company.

Advice to Management

Nothing. Keep up the good job!

4 May 2017

Dear Current Employee, we're thrilled to hear that you enjoy working here and are happy with the benefits we offer and the people you work with. We wish you all the best for your future career with... More

"They tell you that the frontline staff are the most important asset to the company..."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Halifax, NS (Canada)

I have been working at Admiral Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Employee Share Scheme/Dividends
    -Fresh Fruit Daily
    -Lots of vacation time + accrued time

Cons

-Incredibly disparate incentive structure purportedly based on how difficult a given employee's skillset is. The difference in incentive caps are *not* proportional.
    -Significant cutbacks to medical/extended health benefits as of August 1, 2016 with only a few weeks' notice but higher premiums
    -Major lack of flexibility with regards to scheduling and allowances for vacation/accrued time
    -A significant amount of middle-managment apathy getting blamed on staff by upper management
    -Advancement is *very* nepotistic. Emphasis on sycophants over skilled candidates.
    -Salaries are not competitive, changes to payscale do not reflect inflation
    -6am Weekend shifts - for some of us this means getting up as early as 4:00am for a job which is normally 8:30-5.

Advice to Management

Wake up. You're pushing your best and brightest out the door. Senior Management/Operations need to stop turning a blind eye to the garbage performance of middle management.

4 May 2017

Dear Current Employee, we're sorry to hear that you are unhappy working for our Canadian office. Please feel free to speak to someone in PS (either locally, or call us in HQ) to discuss your... More

"Meh, not much to say"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Halifax, NS (Canada)

I have been working at Admiral Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good people to work with, job is OK when you get to a point where people leave you alone to do you job. Depends what manager you get really.

Cons

too much meddling by managers. They need to let people work. small people who blame everyone else for their own short comings. Pressure tactics suck. Micromanagement nightmare.

Advice to Management

LEAVE PEOPLE ALONE TO WORK!

"Employee Concern over Privacy Rights"

I have been working at Admiral Group full-time

Pros

The pay is OK, but the stock 'options' you are offered are worthless unless you stay 2-3 years from the time you receive them and are clawed back when you leave; vapor asset.

Cons

There is currently a push to have employees sign over their rights to Facebook, Twitter and any other social media site they're currently using. Management is violating basic privacy rights through the collection, use and storage of information that is personal in nature. Therefore, I implore my peers who read this to please open a case with the privacy commissioner based on the following: Work and my life outside of work is now being vetted. Pushed upon me as as "Work-blending' as pressure tactics are in place to force employees to spend time outside of work with their managers. I have a family, and I’m not interested in ‘hanging out’ with supervisor outside of work with a friendly threat of being fired if I do not.

There are also a lot of instances whereby management are in a position of power and are exerting their influence to force relationships with employees.

If someone from the labor board or privacy commissioner’s office read this, please investigate.

Advice to Management

Please stop pressuring employees to spend time with you outside of work - many of us do not want to.

"Good experiencing company"

Former Employee - Sales Agent in Halifax, NS (Canada)
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in Halifax, NS (Canada)

I worked at Admiral Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great working culture
    - Nice and friendly people/coworkers
    - Hourly and commission maybe satisfactory or more to some

Cons

- Work can get very repetitive at times
    - May face very rude clients at times
    - Weekend shifts maybe a deal breaker to some

Advice to Management

Look into flexibility of working the weekend shifts

23 May 2017

Dear Former Employee, thanks for taking the time to review us. It's great to hear you enjoyed the working environment at Admiral and were happy with the hours and commission. We're sorry to hear... More

"Going down hill"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Halifax, NS (Canada)

I have been working at Admiral Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fresh fruit daily & shares

Cons

The actual job is terrible with little support from management and a lot of feedback to make the employee feel like crap!

Advice to Management

Wake up and treat your employees better!