Admiral Group Reviews in Halifax, NS | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 10 Sep 2019

3.2
Admiral Group CEO David Stevens
David Stevens

"Employee Concern over Privacy Rights"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Halifax, NS
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Admiral Group full-time

Pros

The pay is OK, but the stock 'options' you are offered are worthless unless you stay 2-3 years from the time you receive them and are clawed back when you leave; vapor asset.

Cons

There is currently a push to have employees sign over their rights to Facebook, Twitter and any other social media site they're currently using. Management is violating basic privacy rights through the collection, use and storage of information that is personal in nature. Therefore, I implore my peers who read this to please open a case with the privacy commissioner based on the following: Work and my life... outside of work is now being vetted. Pushed upon me as as "Work-blending' as pressure tactics are in place to force employees to spend time outside of work with their managers. I have a family, and I’m not interested in ‘hanging out’ with supervisor outside of work with a friendly threat of being fired if I do not. There are also a lot of instances whereby management are in a position of power and are exerting their influence to force relationships with employees. If someone from the labor board or privacy commissioner’s office read this, please investigate.

Advice to Management

Please stop pressuring employees to spend time with you outside of work - many of us do not want to.

Admiral Group2016-04-09

"Good experiencing company"

Former Employee - Sales Agent in Halifax, NS
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Admiral Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great working culture - Nice and friendly people/coworkers - Hourly and commission maybe satisfactory or more to some

Cons

- Work can get very repetitive at times - May face very rude clients at times - Weekend shifts maybe a deal breaker to some

Advice to Management

Look into flexibility of working the weekend shifts

Admiral Group2016-02-24

"Going down hill"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Halifax, NS

I have been working at Admiral Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fresh fruit daily & shares

Cons

The actual job is terrible with little support from management and a lot of feedback to make the employee feel like crap!

Advice to Management

Wake up and treat your employees better!

Admiral Group2016-01-29

"great company to work for"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Halifax, NS

I have been working at Admiral Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

incredible opportunities. we're all equal, employer of choice, financially sound with a healthy reserve plan. free fruit, in house yoga, fun is a priority while balanced of course with getting results

Cons

professional project mgmt isn't always in the works, we fly by the seat of our pants. This has pro's (we're nimble, adaptable) but some con's (repeat errors).

Advice to Management

put a lot of resources into the US business. all employees are shareholders and our single biggest growth potential is the massive US market. We're all counting on it from a personal finance perspective.

Admiral Group2013-03-29