Admiral Group Renewal Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Decent place to work"

Renewal Consultant in Newport, Newport, Wales
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Admiral Group

Pros

Friendly team and managers. Incentive to achieve more. Time off the phones sometimes for fun charity raising or team building

Cons

Too much pressure - general call centre stress. Not so much to do with the company. Some staff can be too 'cliquey'

Advice to Management

Make everyone feel valued. Make sure everyone is up to speed on what's going on

Admiral Group2017-11-24
  2. "What a cesspit"

Former Employee - Renewal Consultant in Cardiff, Wales
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Admiral Group full-time

Pros

You get a reality check when you work there

Cons

Where do I even begin. Within days I considered leaving this place along side a few other colleagues I was training with. Free fruit, most of the drones here consider this a “pro” when in reality that being a pro is absolutely mediocre. Everyone seems to think this is something remarkable, hilarious to watch when you see the slaves swarming around the fruit stand as you walk in watching them all taking quadruple... the portions they require before you get the chance to even get close to it. How is Admiral? Interested in drink and drugs culture? Crack on. Anyone with a brain cell that left this cesspit let me guess your probation is going down hill fast? all because you didn't finish that Jager bomb and attend the 90 socials down brewhouse last month despite spending your entire week grafting for a pathetic wage with the Neanderthals. Why would I want to spend my spare time with you as well, get a grip. If spending your entire month grafting for a absolutely pathetic wage in between being held at gunpoint to take part in “Ministry of fun” which basically forced fun, taking part in the the most cringiest tasks you could possibly imagine to then so be it, this is the job for you. Full of brown nosers, managers who spend their entire shift avoiding doing their job completely MIA from their desks. Dreadful systems where you have to do 10 times the work you’re being paid for on rubbish hours. Can’t even plan your life as this changes constantly. “Oooo we’ve got an underground car park we’re so good” yeah there’s like a 30 year waiting list for that, enjoy. They bang on about the shares OH THE SHARES YAY CANT WAIT FOR THAT. What? Wait 3 years to receive the pathetic shares so you can catch up on pay that better other companies are giving their employees in there good salaries. Comical. Claiming you’re a top 100 company to work at any given opportunity is just merely a complete facade. The CEO who people worship and brownose about him at any given opportunity (they’ve never even met him) even admitted the fact the only reason there’s an office in Cardiff is due to the fact it was cheaper labour, says it all. Keep on thinking you’re something you’re not, plenty of people that have moved onto better things from this tip and the reviews prove it. Avoid like the plague, your life’s worth more than becoming a drone to appease these dregs.

Advice to Management

How any of you managed to secure management positions is beyond

Admiral Group2019-07-31

"Worst company I have ever worked for. (Renewals)"

Current Employee - Renewal Consultant in Newport, Newport, Wales

I have been working at Admiral Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- free fruit is good - can become a manager is less than a year if you join the cult - good overtime rates (but you wont be able to have it)

Cons

- Rip off company - Managers are spotty teenagers with a powerdrive - Probation plan is very strict for an entry level job - Very young and unprofessional managers that sit on their backsides all day while the poor employees have to sit and take up to 300 calls a day apologising that the customers insurance has risen.

Advice to Management

Treat employees with respect.

Admiral Group2017-10-15

"too much hard sale"

Former Employee - Renewals Consultant in Cardiff, Wales

I worked at Admiral Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

management all ways try to entertain you

Cons

everyday is sale sale sale lies to customers about prices

Admiral Group2014-06-01