Advanced Reviews

3.4
Advanced CEO Gordon Wilson
Gordon Wilson
Pros
Cons
  • "The knock on effect was a lot of ill feeling towards the senior management team(in 22 reviews)

• "UK development team was made redundant, developers in India have no clue(in 12 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"I love my job"

Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Datchet, England

I have been working at Advanced full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great team, amazing work environment. The office is bright with daylight throughout the entire day. Free coffee and fruit. Huge park outside office building allows lunch-time walks with colleagues. I have been given opportunities to develop new skills, take part in many projects and have always been asked whether workload is too much or not. It's good to feel human since making mistakes is not frowned upon. This experience is within the marketing team, cannot say whether same applies in different departments or managers. I have been allowed to work from home whenever something comes up. My hard work has always been acknowledged by my manager. There is a pension scheme where I give up 5% of my salary and Advanced contributes the same amount to my pension, so I get 10% at the cost of 5%. Amazing. The new Business Operations Development Programme I am taking part in allows people without the specific qualification needed for the role to apply and get the chance to learn at work. Every 6 months you get a review and if you are doing good, you get a salary increment. That happens until the 18th month. From then on, you get a salary review each year. Employees get an annual bonus each April depending on how well the business is doing and how well has the employee performed. Quite fair I would say. Once a year, best-performers from each section of the business have the chance to go on a holiday abroad, like Dubrovnik for example, paid by the company. Advanced has events incredibly often, like yoga or tents outside the office selling wurst. We do charity work once per year, where instead of working in the office, a team is sent to work at a charity venue the entire day and you still get paid as if you were in office, whilst contributing to society. We also often do Charity Bake-offs where people can bring in pastry and we raise money for charity. And many many more similar things. We also have 25 days of holiday without counting any bank holidays, of course.

Cons

Maybe make career progression within the company a bit easier rather than just waiting for a spot to open up. Employees can get a job title change after a review turns out good enough.

May 21, 2020Employer Brand Executive

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! It's great to read about your experience with Advanced so far and all the initiatives you're getting involved with. We wish you every success in your career with us!

"Enjoy my Role"

I have been working at Advanced full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've worked at Advanced for just over 3 years and have been given numerous opportunities to progress and develop. Internal promotion and mobility is encouraged, which has allowed me to move into a team and business area that I wouldn't have previously considered for a career. There are a lot of opportunities at Advanced for training, personal and professional development and job progression and I believe they are a good company to work for.

Cons

Whilst teams and departments work well individually, communication and alignment of processes across functions can be difficult but I think this is apparent in a lot of large organisations.

June 12, 2020Employer Brand Executive

Thanks for leaving a review - it's great to hear about your journey with the business and congratulations on your promotion! Internal mobility is a huge part of our philosophy at Advanced, and giving people the opportunity to activate their potential is something we believe passionately in. It's wonderful to see your comments, and all the best for the future!

"Better than average"

Current Employee - Sales Director in London, England

I have been working at Advanced full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lots of opportunities to further your career Plenty of support for personal and career development No politics at all Generally well managed by senior leadership Generally look after the staff fairly well Business is doing well and growing consistently Good strategy in place to modernise software products

Cons

Owned by private equity so profits are siphoned off to billionaire investors Staff are all expected to work very hard Pay is generally below industry average Technology provided for staff use is not always modern or efficient Profits definitely come before customers Many software products are now archaic

Continue reading

"Good step in the right direction"

Former Employee - Accountant

I worked at Advanced full-time

Pros

Prime location, nice office, friendly staff

Cons

Work life balance, not a clear strategy

"Great place for opportunities"

I have been working at Advanced full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are lots of opportunities to work on different, expansive projects which help to build skills in areas where you didn’t even think of. The people you work with are friendly and helpful and help to stretch you.

Cons

Can be quite demanding, spread thin across multiple projects Cross functional communication needs to be better

June 16, 2020Employer Brand Executive

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! It's great to read your comments; career progression and the great people we have are two areas of the organisation we're really proud of. Thanks again for taking the time and keep up the good work!

6. "Good IT company"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in London, England

I worked at Advanced full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay structure friendly teams

Cons

Poor induction thrown in at the deep end

July 7, 2020Employer Brand Executive

Thanks for leaving a review - I would like to discuss some of your comments in a little more detail. If you are interested, please email me at jordan.cooper@oneadvanced.com to talk further. Thanks again!

"Good pay, bad corporate culture"

2.0
    Current Employee - Support Consultant in Birmingham, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Advanced full-time

Pros

This role pays slightly more than average.

Cons

Management will stretch you past your limits, often meaning you have to perform research outsode of worktime in order to keep up with their requirements.

June 30, 2020Employer Brand Executive

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and provide your feedback. I would really like to discuss your comments further, so I would encourage you to please email me at jordan.cooper@oneadvanced.com. Thanks again for leaving a review, and all the best for the future.

"Ambitious company and a great place to progress your career"

I have been working at Advanced full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Implement industry leading business and operating processes that will give employees the tools to perform at their best and also help develop their skills, knowledge and careers Good office accommodation and locations Good corporate ethics and objectives that set the scene for the entire company Significant investment in new solutions A well established culture for doing the right thing for staff and customers

Cons

You need to be results driven to thrive within this business, but this is not a bad thing for most people Salaries could be better

June 12, 2020Employer Brand Executive

Thanks for leaving us a review - it's great to see all the positive comments you've made, especially around our open objectives for the entire company and the culture of the business. Do The Right Thing is a value that we all share, whether that is related to customers or to fellow colleagues! Thanks again for leaving a review, and all the best for the future!

"Good place for people who want to make a difference"

I have been working at Advanced full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is a real drive to empower those of us 'on the ground' who understand fully the market we operate in. I have seen this personally and if you want to make a difference you can. If you approach work in the right way, professionally with data & facts then you get full support of the senior team.

Cons

It can sometimes be frustrating to navigate the business, but I'd say that is similar in most large companies.

June 12, 2020Employer Brand Executive

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. It's great to see the positive comments and to hear you feel empowered to make a difference! We're always happy for feedback and for new ideas, whether to your manager, senior leader or relevant HR Business Partner. Thanks again for the review, and all the best for the future!

"A developmental, fair an progressive place to work"

Current Employee - Talent Manager in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Advanced full-time for less than a year

Pros

Office environment Colleagues Clarity of aims Opportunities within the business Provision of information Learning and development opportunities

Cons

Sometimes we change/aim to do things too quickly

June 12, 2020Employer Brand Executive

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. It's really encouraging to see the many positives you've called out, especially around the opportunities within the business and the great colleagues we have. I hope you've enjoyed your time with the business so far in your first year, and here's to many more to come!

Found 455 reviews