Advanced Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated Oct 21, 2021

Found 35 of over 796 reviews

3.8
Advanced CEO Gordon Wilson
Gordon Wilson
Pros
  • "Fantastic team and work life balance(in 62 reviews)

• "Great people (Advanced Family ethos)(in 35 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Senior management are out of touch from their staff(in 29 reviews)

• "Very little to no training given and expect you to know everything down to a T even though their own manager has no idea what they are doing(in 14 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Join the conversation on

Tech

107.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Advanced~12631
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to Work

Oct 21, 2021 - SME Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great working environment with great people. Management are very much focused on your individual development and progression. Proactivity is rewarded and if you are good at your job it is noticed. Micromanagement is minimal. Development is not limited to your role and lateral movement within the company is possible. Beautify office.

Cons

Not a lot, great place to work.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to gain insight into the SaaS tech world

Oct 16, 2021 - New Business Sales Executive in Birmingham, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great suite of product and range of sectors that they cover, furthermore, it’s a bunch of great people

Cons

Very competitive environment, you have to work harder. Also, advanced is a very established business and not open to new ideas and ways of thinking

3. 5.0

Exciting, Friendly & Forward Thinking Company

Oct 13, 2021 - Director in Birmingham, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great people (Advanced Family ethos) - Transparent Leadership - Truly Inclusive - Plenty of opportunities (focus on internal mobility) - Flexible working - Fantastic Offices/Collaboration spaces

Cons

It can seem a very fast paced environment to begin. But once you have experienced this level of energy and the direct benefits to your career/personal development you will not look back

4. 4.0
      Current Employee

Sales Driven Environment

Oct 12, 2021 - Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have summarised a few of the Key benefits of my role: - established and very large customer base. Great brand in the market with multiple software offerings - fantastic office in central birmingham. Filled with great people to learn from - internal sales tracking and bonus tracking software packages are amongst the best I have used. Easy to see what you need to hit target and what you will earn when you do - fantastic range of software solutions woth company acquisitions happening on a regular basis to broaden our software offerings - flexible working schedules - management team are always happy to help despite being stretched and I have never personally felt like I am being micromanaged with kpi targets - excellent career progression with clear outline to move up the ranks

Cons

- internal processes can be extremely slow. The sales process is often held up by poor visibility internally. Software is quite a complex sale and there are other internal processes involved in the process which are extremely slow and disjointed often leading to customer dissatisfaction - I personally do not feel like I have received adequate training on the products I personally sell to our customers - key departments are understaffed again contributing to poor customer experiences - cross department communication seems a bit disjointed as well at the best of times but this is prt and parcel of working for a huge business

5. 2.0

Great People, Poor Benefits

Oct 14, 2021 - Managed Services
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people. Flexible working in terms of start/finish times and work life balance good, but on par with most tech companies.

Cons

Please pay attention to the many similar 4 and 5 star reviews that were published on the same date (e.g. 30th Sept 2021), the company are trying to improve how they look on Glassdoor. Make of that what you will... Poor salary, can achieve almost double for the same role elsewhere. Rewards/bonus/pay rise schemes often change but never account to much. Role changes/progression receive very little salary improvement, you need to leave to see any improvement. The company is trying to make itself more attractive by making things like flexible working times official despite this already being the case for many years for some teams.

4 people found this review helpful

Advanced Response

Employer Brand Executive

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to see you call out the wonderful colleagues we have at Advanced. We are always looking for honest, authentic reviews from the people that work here on what life is like at Advanced. We got a good chunk of our people together for the first time in two years as we held our Best Practice Sharing Summit in September. You're absolutely right; there are a lot of reviews from this time as we asked the attendees to leave honest reviews of their experience with us. We're continually looking to improve the employee experience through various feedback channels, from our engagement survey to channels like Glassdoor. Our new approach to flexible working for all is the direct result of feedback from colleagues who have shared their view in the same way you have. We are transparent with our reward philosophy, we hire for potential and pay for high performance with an opportunity for pay progression through our quarterly Talent Reviews. If you would like to discuss this further or have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me at Jordan.Cooper@oneadvanced.com. Thanks again for leaving a review, and all the best.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Almost 1 year at Advanced

Oct 1, 2021 - Group Financial Controller in Datchet, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team, Great people Flexibility Training Passion and commitment

Cons

Joined during a pandemic so has been hard to get to know people - not everyone wants to use video

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Forward thinking and growing rapidly

Sep 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast paced organisation, great people and growing rapidly so plenty of opportunities for further progression

Cons

Broad spectrum of products and markets can be confusing

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great people

Sep 30, 2021 - Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Advanced employ great people. They promote to give opportunity and value people who want to actively contribute and make a difference. At Advanced you are empowered to make change and get things done! It’s one of the only places I’ve worked where I have felt looked after.

Cons

Processes are slow and clunky, this does add barriers to agility but it’s getting better. Behind the curve on benefits, needs to improve.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great opportunity

Sep 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Diverse business, with great people and a desire for continuous improvement leading to wide opportunities for an employee

Cons

Large company with large company limitations

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great time to join Advanced

Jul 1, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

A really exciting time to join Advanced - lots of focus on being an employer of choice. This includes lots of attention and initiatives surrounding D&I, sustainability and flexible working. Summer Fridays are a great benefit - we get Friday afternoons off in July and August. I really enjoy working with such great people and an inspiring leadership team. Our offices are also getting a makeover and they look great!

Cons

Nothing I can think of at the moment.

1 person found this review helpful

Advanced Response

Employer Brand Executive

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review - it's great to see you really enjoying your time with us, and awesome you share our excitement for our office makeovers! Enjoy your Summer Fridays this year!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 35 Reviews