Advanced Employee Reviews about "senior management"

Updated Oct 29, 2021

Found 29 of over 799 reviews

3.8
Advanced CEO Gordon Wilson
Gordon Wilson
Pros
  • "Fantastic team and work life balance(in 62 reviews)

• "Great people (Advanced Family ethos)(in 35 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Senior management are out of touch from their staff(in 29 reviews)

• "Very little to no training given and expect you to know everything down to a T even though their own manager has no idea what they are doing(in 14 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Join the conversation on

Tech

109.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Advanced~12631
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "senior management"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great people, great future

Sep 30, 2021 - UK Group Development Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture of inclusivity and engagement from the very top. A company that's very commercial but cares deeply about its people and customers . Great opportunity for talented people to make a difference.

Cons

Some levels of unnecessary bureaucracy and processes that are need of improvement but an awareness that this needs to happen and new senior management in place who are determined to make it happen.

2. 1.0
      Former Employee

Awful company

Oct 29, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Office space and location are great

Cons

Poor senior management - still a click of people in the inner circle Low pay Not valued

2 people found this review helpful
    3. 3.0
      Current Employee

Decent

Aug 16, 2021 - Business Analyst in Birmingham, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Mobility Work from home Perks at work

Cons

Senior management are out of touch from their staff They contradict a lot of what they say with their actions

Employer Brand Executive

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! I'd like to understand your feedback in more detail, so please email me at jordan.cooper@oneadvanced.com if you'd like to discuss more. Thanks again and all the best!

4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Overworked, Underpaid

Jul 21, 2021 - FP&A Analyst in Birmingham, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good for a first job Good opportunities for sideways movement after initial foot in the door

Cons

Very few chances for upwards mobility Pressure to constantly work over contracted hours / unrealistic deadlines Too much employee turnover Consistently hiring entry level employees to replace experienced ones and expecting the same results Constantly growing job responsibilities and no recognition or pay increase Pay package is often significantly under market average for technical roles Very little time/ability for innovation unless directed by senior management

Employer Brand Executive

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I am sorry to read some of the comments made here that don't reflect our values. 65% of our experienced vacancies we look to fill with our people; offering tangilble and valuable growth for everyone in the organisation. This goes beyond just entry-level promotion, but also we have an incredible amount of our senior positions occupied by people who have demonstrated that they have the potential and aptitude to do the role. I would like to discuss your comments in mor detail, if you would be willing please email me at jordan.cooper@oneadvanced.com and all the best for the future.

5. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Poor management, unrealistic expectations & toxic environment

May 6, 2021 - Service Desk Analyst in Datchet, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

One of the senior analysts was really helpful to teach me everything and be there when I needed help, he was the only senior who would treat you with respect if you were stuck on something.

Cons

Poor management -micromanaging employees by demanding them to time record on a desk supporting the NHS where the workload is already far too large, no wrap-up times after calls for workers and senior management also took away comfort breaks as they were blaming analysts for the poor performance of the desk, however, training is somewhat non-existent and it is very much a management versus employees situation. Swearing and unprofessionalism in meetings from management. My line manager only had a few conversations with me and did not demonstrate any care for employees - only when complaints were put in when they had to do so. I also heard someone's resignation letter was read aloud in the office. They expect you take calls constantly, record your time and take no comfort breaks. Dealing with end-users who have no respect for the failing service. All of this is really serious because it contributes to a decline in wellbeing, especially mental health. Poor salary too.

7 people found this review helpful
    6. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Utterly dysfunctional

Feb 4, 2021 - Sales in Birmingham, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice offices in Birmingham and a small number of experienced people.

Cons

Owned by a large US investment company and everything they do is about pretending things are going well. Customers are leaving in droves, software development was offshored and they fired everyone who knew what they were doing. They've hired thousands of kids with no experience and promoted them into jobs they can't do. Management team have no technical knowledge so every decision they make is wrong. They set unrealistic sales targets and punish people for not hitting them. The best way to get on in the company is to suck up to senior management who treat everyone very badly. Salaries are lower than elsewhere. They organise cheesy sales days and patronise staff all the time. They think selling software is like selling used cars. Avoid.

Employer Brand Executive

I'm really sorry to read some of the comments made here, this isn’t how we'd want anyone feeling about working at Advanced. It’s really important to us that colleagues feel trusted and supported by their leaders. If you would be happy to discuss your experiences in more detail, I would really appreciate it if you could contact me by email so that I can look into this for you. Please use the email address: Jordan.cooper@oneadvanced.com.

7. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Underpaid, undervalued, undermined

Jul 1, 2020 - Consulting
      Business Outlook

Pros

The Mailbox office is modern and well-decorated. Some of the more experienced staff who have been working in their field for years are knowledgeable and helpful. If you're a work-shy graduate, you can still get into a middle-management position at Advanced through sheer whinging and management flattery.

Cons

The Mailbox office is informally referred to by staff as "the campus" for a reason - it is overrun by recent graduates who are seemingly there only to have a good time, brown-nose senior management and objectify and degrade the women of the office. The attitude of the vast majority of the Sales, Marketing and HR departments is medieval at best with it being open knowledge that some members of the Sales team have a complaints file longer than Advanced's 2019 order book. These same members of Sales are not only rewarded and promoted, they are taken on annual trips abroad and revered in the company as examples to follow - and yet management wonder why graduates are leaving the company in droves. The hiring process is similarly farcical, with HR reps openly boasting about the fact they don't review CVs (one of the many reasons why such mediocre 'talent' is recruited) and I heard multiple people say that they failed or didn't sit the 'mandatory' CCAT test - only to be offered a position anyway. Internal interviews are no different, as the one senior position I saw advertised was clearly intended for an (unqualified) existing favourite. Upon the Head of Department realising this person had zero relevant experience for the job, a new position was created to placate the employee due to Advanced's 'shout loud enough, and eventually someone will give you what you want' culture. The office atmosphere in the Mailbox is similar to that of an all-inclusive holiday, with flirting, 'banter' and lunchtime drinking taking precedence over conversation and professionalism. Management favourites will invent excuses to get other graduates in trouble, given verbal warnings and ultimately driven out of the company. If you've neglected to spend every spare minute sucking up to your manager and someone else complains about you, don't expect any attempt to hear your side of the story to be made. In terms of the internal training offered by HR reps, you'd be more intellectually challenged by completing crossword puzzles in the Metro. External training (Prince 2, apprenticeships) is better, if you can convince your manager to pay for it. Even if you do manage to get promoted above the tens of other people desperate to progress, it's easier to get blood out of a stone than it is get a pay rise approved by HR. Ironically, when you then leave for a better-paid job elsewhere, they'll have no trouble finding the money to pay the salaries of the three people required to replace you. Avoid at all costs.

7 people found this review helpful

Employer Brand Executive

Thank you for sharing. I am sorry to hear that you feel so strongly about some of the comments you have made, this certainly is not how we would want anybody feeling about working for Advanced. If you would be happy to discuss this further and share a little more detail, please contact me directly at Jordan.cooper@oneadvanced.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

8. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good company but treat you like kids

Nov 18, 2019 - Service Desk Analyst in Slough, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Colleagues, workplace, Location and desk space.

Cons

Salary and Some senior management.

Group HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I would like to have the opportunity to discuss your feedback in greater depth. I encourage you to please email me directly so we can discuss further; alex.arundale@oneadvanced.com

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

its who you know!

Nov 19, 2019 - Desktop Support Analyst in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

there are opportunities to learn alot

Cons

you wont move up the ladder unless you are close to senior management.

8 people found this review helpful

Group HR Director

10. 3.0
      Former Employee

Inevitable Changes Following Takeover and Office Closures

Oct 7, 2019 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

There were some really good staff across the various teams. This comes from a long time before the major acquisition. Advanced is formed of many smaller business that came together following multiple acquisitions. This meant that the teams were really close and had a lot of expertise in their field.

Cons

As with any acquisition and "streamlining process" this meant a lot of change in a short amount of time. Primarily this resulted in most of the local office being closed, resulting in a lot of staff leaving the business. Most of which had been there for a long time and most knowledgeable in terms of product. The knock on effect was a lot of ill feeling towards the senior management team. Office atmosphere was terrible and not a place that felt productive.

Employer Brand Executive

Thank you for sharing your views and for highlighting everything that you have, especially the great people here and the expertise they have. As you're aware, change is a difficult process to manage, and if you would like to discuss further I would like to talk about your experience with us. If this is something you wish to do, please feel free to email jordan.cooper@oneadvanced.com. Thank you again for posting your review, and I wish you all the best for the future.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 29 Reviews