Advanced Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated 8 Dec 2020

3.6
Advanced CEO Gordon Wilson
Gordon Wilson
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Advanced full-time

Pros

Lovely working environment, positive and supportive colleagues, a focus on work/life balance, opportunities for career progression, good renumeration and benefits.

Cons

Nothing really comes to mind.

October 7, 2020Employer Brand Executive

Thank you for sharing your experiences with Advanced so far. There's some really positive comments you've made, which is brilliant to hear, and thank you for over ten years of service! If you could leave us a short review on the benefits page of our profile too please, that would be amazing. Thanks again.

"Great"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Birmingham, England

I worked at Advanced part-time for less than a year

Pros

Freedom Flexibility Good Work Environment Healthy Canteen and great manegement

Cons

There are no downsides here only upsides

October 7, 2020Employer Brand Executive

Thank you for sharing your experiences with Advanced so far. There's some really positive comments you've made, which is brilliant to hear! If you could leave us a short review on the benefits page of our profile too please, that would be amazing. Thanks again.

"Supportive, Progressive and Positive"

Current Employee - Applications Consultant in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Advanced full-time

Pros

Recruitment seems to value positive behaviours and attitudes and therefore the vast majority of colleagues are easy to collaborate with and help to create a positive working environment. The business seems to genuinely use the core values including 'Do the right thing' to help shape their decision making. Development pathways and internal progression opportunities. Good facilities and access to resources. Positive culture.

Cons

Greater integration between different functions within the business might help to create more synergy and improve some processes.

August 14, 2020

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review on Glassdoor! We are so glad to hear that you are enjoying your experience here at Advanced. We completely agree that one of our biggest assets is the positive and hard-working attitudes of our colleagues. Your feedback regarding our core values is really helpful, thank you. Wishing you every success with your Advanced career.

"I love my job"

Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Datchet, England

I have been working at Advanced full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great team, amazing work environment. The office is bright with daylight throughout the entire day. Free coffee and fruit. Huge park outside office building allows lunch-time walks with colleagues. I have been given opportunities to develop new skills, take part in many projects and have always been asked whether workload is too much or not. It's good to feel human since making mistakes is not frowned upon. This experience is within the marketing team, cannot say whether same applies in different departments or managers. I have been allowed to work from home whenever something comes up. My hard work has always been acknowledged by my manager. There is a pension scheme where I give up 5% of my salary and Advanced contributes the same amount to my pension, so I get 10% at the cost of 5%. Amazing. The new Business Operations Development Programme I am taking part in allows people without the specific qualification needed for the role to apply and get the chance to learn at work. Every 6 months you get a review and if you are doing good, you get a salary increment. That happens until the 18th month. From then on, you get a salary review each year. Employees get an annual bonus each April depending on how well the business is doing and how well has the employee performed. Quite fair I would say. Once a year, best-performers from each section of the business have the chance to go on a holiday abroad, like Dubrovnik for example, paid by the company. Advanced has events incredibly often, like yoga or tents outside the office selling wurst. We do charity work once per year, where instead of working in the office, a team is sent to work at a charity venue the entire day and you still get paid as if you were in office, whilst contributing to society. We also often do Charity Bake-offs where people can bring in pastry and we raise money for charity. And many many more similar things. We also have 25 days of holiday without counting any bank holidays, of course.

Cons

Maybe make career progression within the company a bit easier rather than just waiting for a spot to open up. Employees can get a job title change after a review turns out good enough.

May 21, 2020Employer Brand Executive

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! It's great to read about your experience with Advanced so far and all the initiatives you're getting involved with. We wish you every success in your career with us!

"Good stepping stone for an IT career"

Current Employee - Second Line Support Engineer in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

I have been working at Advanced full-time

Pros

Work Environment, IT Team, Canteen

Cons

Salary, Management, Micro Management, Time tracking

May 6, 2020Employer Brand Executive

Thanks for leaving a review - I would like to discuss some of your comments in a little more detail. If you are interested, please email me at jordan.cooper@oneadvanced.com to talk further. Thanks again!

6. "Advanced Computer SOftware"

Current Employee - Associate Support Consultant in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Advanced full-time for less than a year

Pros

Reasonable hours Relaxed working environment Good support

Cons

Low salary and poor career progression

February 3, 2020Head of Talent

Hi, thanks for stopping by and thanks for the review¬

7. "Support"

I worked at Advanced

Pros

Great work environment and benefits Training and development is encourage and progression

Cons

More team building to create rapport with staff

January 9, 2019Head of Talent

Thanks for your review!

"You can excel if you want to"

Current Employee - Marketing in Knutsford, England

I have been working at Advanced full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Advanced is a place you can excel if you want to with career progress and good support from management. A very busy work environment with friendly helpful colleagues. The Knutsford office where I am now based is modern, in a lovely setting with excellent facilities for both work and leisure. We have decent annual pay rises and performance based bonus

Cons

Because of the way the company grew it has needed to go through a lot of change in order to survive, this was sometimes disruptive but it is now a much better business with so much opportunity.

"A nice place to work"

5.0
    Current Employee - Service Desk Analyst in Ashford, Kent, South East England, England

I have been working at Advanced full-time for more than a year

Pros

Colleagues are incredibly friendly and helpful Decent pay with yearly pay rises and performance based bonus. Plenty of opportunity to learn new skills and expand current knowledge. Good support from management with career progress Busy work environment, Never left with nothing to do. Career Progress

Cons

Bonuses could be more Too much Emphasis placed on the 'Mailbox' other offices sometimes feel forgotten about (though this is being acknowledged on worked on)

Continue reading

"Great place to learn and get your foot in the door"

4.0
    Current Employee - Service Desk Technician in Ashford, Kent, South East England, England

I have been working at Advanced full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Good team oriented working environment. - Great training and opportunities to move up and keep learning. - Progression opportunities at every turn.

Cons

- Can be stressful at times.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 25 English Reviews