Advanced Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Oct 21, 2021

Found 33 of over 799 reviews

3.8
Advanced CEO Gordon Wilson
Gordon Wilson
Pros
  • "Fantastic team and work life balance(in 62 reviews)

• "Great people (Advanced Family ethos)(in 35 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Senior management are out of touch from their staff(in 29 reviews)

• "Very little to no training given and expect you to know everything down to a T even though their own manager has no idea what they are doing(in 14 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Join the conversation on

Tech

109.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Advanced~12631
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to Work

Oct 21, 2021 - SME Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great working environment with great people. Management are very much focused on your individual development and progression. Proactivity is rewarded and if you are good at your job it is noticed. Micromanagement is minimal. Development is not limited to your role and lateral movement within the company is possible. Beautify office.

Cons

Not a lot, great place to work.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company for growth and development

Oct 20, 2021 - Business Development Team Leader
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work environment Culture & diversity Opportunity &. Growth Recognition

Cons

Nothing at all - great company to be part of

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great career growth opportunities at Advanced

Sep 30, 2021 - Marketing in Birmingham, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Potential & opportunity for growth Friendly colleagues, approachable leadership Innovative products and ways of working Working environment is excellent Many opportunities for reward and recognition

Cons

A company constantly undergoing change, have to be up for the challenge

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Business development

Sep 1, 2021 - Business Development Executive in Birmingham, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lovely offices, nice working environment, great colleagues.

Cons

Relatively low pay in deskbased business development role

Employer Brand Executive

Thanks for leaving a review!

5. 5.0
      Former Employee

Amazing tech company to work for, especially if you want to build up your skills.

Jun 3, 2021 - New Business Sales Consultant in Birmingham, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment, the mailbox offices are amazing. and everyone is very supportive and helpful as you get going

Cons

Can't think of anything negative about the company on the spot

Employer Brand Executive

Thanks for leaving a review! It's great to see you call out fellow colleagues and our work environment, we hope you're as excited as us about upcoming developments to the Mailbox office!

6. 5.0

Great place to work

Sep 9, 2020 - Marketing
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lovely working environment, positive and supportive colleagues, a focus on work/life balance, opportunities for career progression, good renumeration and benefits.

Cons

Nothing really comes to mind.

Employer Brand Executive

Thank you for sharing your experiences with Advanced so far. There's some really positive comments you've made, which is brilliant to hear, and thank you for over ten years of service! If you could leave us a short review on the benefits page of our profile too please, that would be amazing. Thanks again.

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great

Sep 3, 2020 - Sales Associate in Birmingham, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Freedom Flexibility Good Work Environment Healthy Canteen and great manegement

Cons

There are no downsides here only upsides

Employer Brand Executive

Thank you for sharing your experiences with Advanced so far. There's some really positive comments you've made, which is brilliant to hear! If you could leave us a short review on the benefits page of our profile too please, that would be amazing. Thanks again.

8. 5.0

Supportive, Progressive and Positive

Jul 26, 2020 - Applications Consultant in Birmingham, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Recruitment seems to value positive behaviours and attitudes and therefore the vast majority of colleagues are easy to collaborate with and help to create a positive working environment. The business seems to genuinely use the core values including 'Do the right thing' to help shape their decision making. Development pathways and internal progression opportunities. Good facilities and access to resources. Positive culture.

Cons

Greater integration between different functions within the business might help to create more synergy and improve some processes.

Advanced Response

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review on Glassdoor! We are so glad to hear that you are enjoying your experience here at Advanced. We completely agree that one of our biggest assets is the positive and hard-working attitudes of our colleagues. Your feedback regarding our core values is really helpful, thank you. Wishing you every success with your Advanced career.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

I love my job

May 18, 2020 - Marketing Associate in Datchet, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team, amazing work environment. The office is bright with daylight throughout the entire day. Free coffee and fruit. Huge park outside office building allows lunch-time walks with colleagues. I have been given opportunities to develop new skills, take part in many projects and have always been asked whether workload is too much or not. It's good to feel human since making mistakes is not frowned upon. This experience is within the marketing team, cannot say whether same applies in different departments or managers. I have been allowed to work from home whenever something comes up. My hard work has always been acknowledged by my manager. There is a pension scheme where I give up 5% of my salary and Advanced contributes the same amount to my pension, so I get 10% at the cost of 5%. Amazing. The new Business Operations Development Programme I am taking part in allows people without the specific qualification needed for the role to apply and get the chance to learn at work. Every 6 months you get a review and if you are doing good, you get a salary increment. That happens until the 18th month. From then on, you get a salary review each year. Employees get an annual bonus each April depending on how well the business is doing and how well has the employee performed. Quite fair I would say. Once a year, best-performers from each section of the business have the chance to go on a holiday abroad, like Dubrovnik for example, paid by the company. Advanced has events incredibly often, like yoga or tents outside the office selling wurst. We do charity work once per year, where instead of working in the office, a team is sent to work at a charity venue the entire day and you still get paid as if you were in office, whilst contributing to society. We also often do Charity Bake-offs where people can bring in pastry and we raise money for charity. And many many more similar things. We also have 25 days of holiday without counting any bank holidays, of course.

Cons

Maybe make career progression within the company a bit easier rather than just waiting for a spot to open up. Employees can get a job title change after a review turns out good enough.

3 people found this review helpful

Employer Brand Executive

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! It's great to read about your experience with Advanced so far and all the initiatives you're getting involved with. We wish you every success in your career with us!

10. 3.0
      Current Employee

Good stepping stone for an IT career

May 5, 2020 - Second Line Support Engineer in Slough, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work Environment, IT Team, Canteen

Cons

Salary, Management, Micro Management, Time tracking

Employer Brand Executive

Thanks for leaving a review - I would like to discuss some of your comments in a little more detail. If you are interested, please email me at jordan.cooper@oneadvanced.com to talk further. Thanks again!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 33 Reviews