Advanced Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 14 Jan 2021

3.6
Advanced CEO Gordon Wilson
Gordon Wilson
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews

"I am blessed to be an employee at Advanced :)"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Support Consultant in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Advanced full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing work life balance, everyone is really friendly, great management, very caring environment, lots of perks to the job.

Cons

recruitment process can be lengthy

October 8, 2020Employer Brand Executive

Thank you for sharing your experiences with Advanced so far. There's some really positive comments you've made, which is brilliant to hear! Glad to hear all is going well in your first year, and long may that continue!

2. "Working here"

4.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - QA Software Engineer

I have been working at Advanced full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay Work life balance Flexibility Team ethics

Cons

Promotions are quite difficult at times

February 2, 2021Employer Brand Executive

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! It's really encouraging to see your positive experience so far and long may it continue! Promotion at pace is something we are very passionate about, and I am happy to discuss further with you if you drop me an email at jordan.cooper@oneadvanced.com.

3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Advanced full-time

Pros

Lovely working environment, positive and supportive colleagues, a focus on work/life balance, opportunities for career progression, good renumeration and benefits.

Cons

Nothing really comes to mind.

October 7, 2020Employer Brand Executive

Thank you for sharing your experiences with Advanced so far. There's some really positive comments you've made, which is brilliant to hear, and thank you for over ten years of service! If you could leave us a short review on the benefits page of our profile too please, that would be amazing. Thanks again.

"Stop taking Customers for granted!"

2.0
    Former Employee - N/A

I worked at Advanced full-time for more than a year

Pros

*Some great, dedicated individuals who will go out of their way to help a customer *Some flexibility in terms of working arrangements *Salary was OK - often was told it was low, but I found it comparable to the market. *Work/Life balance was good

Cons

*Too much in-fighting - a company at war with itself! * Not working as one team - I was hung out to dry in front of a customer on more than occasion by colleagues for no other reason than to protect themselves or make themselves look good. *Some "managers" are awful and live off reputation or fear - no idea how they have managed to get into their position. * Questionable HR policies * Too many people take their customers for granted - rather than work in partnership, they are happy to just sit there and watch the money roll in, without realising their customers actually see what's happening! *I honestly think senior managers are clueless to what's occurring - such a disconnect between senior managers and staff on the ground *Company sells itself to do too much, without realising (or maybe it does) that it can't deliver half of what it promises to it's customers!

January 20, 2020Group HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I would like to have the opportunity to discuss your feedback in greater depth. I encourage you to please email me directly so we can discuss further; alex.arundale@oneadvanced.com

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Architect in Ashford, Kent, South East England, England

I have been working at Advanced full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

- great work-life balance - ideas are welcomed and listened to - innovation is highly valued - quality of UX/UI is increasing - lots of opportunities to work on greenfield and modernisation projects - diverse products bring integration opportunities - modern offices - update to date tech stacks

Cons

- cross platform devices are limited - more use of cloud services like webmail/office internally

June 24, 2019

Thank-you for leaving us a review - we're pleased to hear you're enjoying your time with us!

"Loved my time at Advanced and hope one day to return"

Former Employee - Service Delivery Manager in London, England

I worked at Advanced full-time for more than a year

Pros

I loved this job,people were great in my team, supportive management in the Service Management team. Trusted to do your job and rewarded for doing it well, I enjoyed flexibility in hours to assist my work/life balance, spot bonus, recognition from managers, team away days. the free fruit is a huge plus too :) I was made to feel very valued and it was a difficult decision to leave. Lots of opportunity to move into other areas of IT, the business and the group if you want it also.

Cons

I left solely due to financial reasons so pay could be improved on in some roles. But overall for Advanced as a company I have no cons and would recommend anyone join.

June 16, 2019Head of Talent

Thanks for the feedback. We hope to see you back soon!

"Poor company ethos"

1.0
    Current Employee - Support Consultant in Ashford, Kent, South East England, England

I have been working at Advanced full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team, good/work life balance

Cons

Developers are useless, can't follow the simplest instructions and have support hold their hand because they cannot replicate issues themselves. No training whatsoever. Little chance for progression past Support Consultant roles Teams are falling in numbers because: HR/recruitment take ages to approve anything because they are too busy going to Vegas or some other place to do non work related stuff Team morale drops because other companies treat their employees right and pay them a decent wage for the same job, which also means that product knowledge can go with them as the company never gives these people time to do training in the teams to pass on said knowledge Managers are either too scared to resolve annimosity in the team, seem to not bother with team meeting , or do not have the slightest idea of other team products when they go on call. Management should have cross training if they are to support other products out of hours. Managers should be able to sort disputes/annimosity in teams instead of appearing to be worried about upsetting one person instead of the whole team. Managers should not be draining team morale due to not giving team meetings when requested by the majority of their team

July 22, 2019Group HR Director

"Good experience but frustrated by senior management"

Former Employee - Payroll Administrator in Birmingham, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Advanced full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great relationship with line manager, good location, good colleagues who became friends, good work/life balance.

Cons

The senior management didn't support our department and were reluctant to expand our team or provide any learning or development so ultimately I was forced to go elsewhere. Only when I said I had another job offer did they jump to keep me but it was too little, too late.

June 25, 2019Head of Talent

Hi and thanks for stopping by to share your experience. Creating opportunities through Learning & Development are critical to us, so I am disappointed to hear that this was not your experience. I will pass your feedback on to our Leadership team.

"A good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Datchet, England

I have been working at Advanced full-time for less than a year

Pros

A good work life balance Rewarded for success Very open on business direction and performance

Cons

Initial IT on-boarding is not clear Expenses process is antiquated

"Clinical Team"

5.0
    Current Employee - Clinical Advisor in Ashford, Kent, South East England, England

I have been working at Advanced full-time for less than a year

Pros

Management listen to ideas, and take these on board. Good working conditions - working from home has a positive impact on work/life balance. Learning opportunities - supported to learn more skills.

Cons

Advanced seems to have a poor reputation which can make it seem like a very negative place to work. A recent period of change in the company has given some staff, and former employees a very negative view. Hopefully this will change in time.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 37 English Reviews