Advanced Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Oct 14, 2021

Found 62 of over 799 reviews

3.8
Advanced CEO Gordon Wilson
Gordon Wilson
Pros
  • "Fantastic team and work life balance(in 62 reviews)

• "Great people (Advanced Family ethos)(in 35 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Senior management are out of touch from their staff(in 29 reviews)

• "Very little to no training given and expect you to know everything down to a T even though their own manager has no idea what they are doing(in 14 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Join the conversation on

Tech

109.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Advanced~12631
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

A company heading in the right direction

Oct 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent work/life balance Remote working Decent pay structure Employee recognition, spot bonuses Good, well defined career pathways

Cons

Can be quite fast paced and somewhat reactive Many departments feel under staffed

2. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great People, Poor Benefits

Oct 14, 2021 - Managed Services
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people. Flexible working in terms of start/finish times and work life balance good, but on par with most tech companies.

Cons

Please pay attention to the many similar 4 and 5 star reviews that were published on the same date (e.g. 30th Sept 2021), the company are trying to improve how they look on Glassdoor. Make of that what you will... Poor salary, can achieve almost double for the same role elsewhere. Rewards/bonus/pay rise schemes often change but never account to much. Role changes/progression receive very little salary improvement, you need to leave to see any improvement. The company is trying to make itself more attractive by making things like flexible working times official despite this already being the case for many years for some teams.

4 people found this review helpful

Employer Brand Executive

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to see you call out the wonderful colleagues we have at Advanced. We are always looking for honest, authentic reviews from the people that work here on what life is like at Advanced. We got a good chunk of our people together for the first time in two years as we held our Best Practice Sharing Summit in September. You're absolutely right; there are a lot of reviews from this time as we asked the attendees to leave honest reviews of their experience with us. We're continually looking to improve the employee experience through various feedback channels, from our engagement survey to channels like Glassdoor. Our new approach to flexible working for all is the direct result of feedback from colleagues who have shared their view in the same way you have. We are transparent with our reward philosophy, we hire for potential and pay for high performance with an opportunity for pay progression through our quarterly Talent Reviews. If you would like to discuss this further or have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me at Jordan.Cooper@oneadvanced.com. Thanks again for leaving a review, and all the best.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Innovative, forward thinking, inclusive with great internal mobility

Sep 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have seen massive change at Advanced over my tenure to becoming an enlightened employer. Providing truly inclusive opportunities to all regardless of background, focusing on ability and talent. Initiatives such as flexible working and summer Fridays gives work life balance.

Cons

None, hard work and engagement is recognised and rewarded, voices are heard

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

A company that is learning and growing

Sep 30, 2021 - Sales Operations Manager in Birmingham, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked in this company long enough to watch it grow and it’s been a pleasure being on this journey of learning and improving with everyone. The company has been working organically growing, retaining and growing talent, or taking care of its people through engagement and Diversity and Inclusion initiative to tackle issues we have in terms of our culture. All this fills me with optimism about my career as a woman in Advanced and in particular in software sales. That’s not to say the company doesn’t have a way to go, but employees feel more heard by leadership and employee empowerment has become a key priority. We have a selection of great offices, friendly and approachable leadership, good onboarding programmes, flexible working and initiative aimed at improving work life balance such as Summer Fridays (trialled successfully this year).

Cons

More attention needed to rewards and recognition, more competitive packages.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great company, lots of opportunity

Sep 30, 2021 - Software Development Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance Good opportunities for advancing Great teams Lots of opportunities to get involved with different sectors People

Cons

Working across functional models can be challenging Too many meetings

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Unmatched opportunities for development

Sep 27, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

You can move across business functions with ease, something I haven't seen elsewhere My department's managers are supportive and don't micromanage Hiring for potential instead of on CVs seems fairer for recruiting authentic talent Flexible working, you can go in to the office or work from home as you please Great office locations/design Feels like you can go and talk to anyone, no big egos Good work life balance, everything I am asked to do feels purposeful with a fair timescale

Cons

Quite low starting graduate (HPEL) salaries Work needed around getting us on the map to job seekers

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Caring and supportive place to work.

Aug 13, 2021 - Support Associate in Birmingham, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Good work-life balance. -Supportive manager. -Lots of colleagues to help you out if you are unsure of anything. -Opportunities for training and career development. -Perks such as Summer Friday afternoons off as a reward for hard work through the pandemic.

Cons

-Big organisation, so can be difficult communicating and co-ordinating with others at times. -Not always proactive in ensuring that there is adequate cover in some teams, especially when they know people are leaving/have left.

Employer Brand Executive

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! It's awesome to see you call out the supportive teammates you have, as well as opportunities for career development and our Summer Fridays initiative! We're always looking for ways to improve, so I would love to hear more detailed feedback from yourself at jordan.cooper@oneadvanced.com. Thanks again, and all the best!

8. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Don't Recommend, There are better Software companies

Jun 25, 2021 - Sales in Birmingham, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- People are nice - Work life balance is good

Cons

- Unrealistic Targets - Very cliquey - Cloud products are really far behind competitors - Given very little leads from BD

Employer Brand Executive

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are always happy to receive constructive feedback, so I would like to discuss your comments in more detail, please email me at jordan.cooper@oneadvanced.com if you wish to do so, and all the best in your future endeavours.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company

Feb 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic team and work life balance.

Cons

Some internal processes are painful but then it's a massive company so it's expected.

1 person found this review helpful

Employer Brand Executive

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! It's great to see you enjoying your time with the business so far, long may it continue.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Working here

Jan 14, 2021 - QA Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay Work life balance Flexibility Team ethics

Cons

Promotions are quite difficult at times

Employer Brand Executive

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! It's really encouraging to see your positive experience so far and long may it continue! Promotion at pace is something we are very passionate about, and I am happy to discuss further with you if you drop me an email at jordan.cooper@oneadvanced.com.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 62 Reviews