Aegis Living Reviews

Updated 7 Jan 2021

3.8
Aegis Living CEO Dwayne Clark
Dwayne Clark
Pros
  • "Each day that I come to work I am always greeted by so many smiles(in 28 reviews)

• "Provides a kind, supportive work environment and good care to the older population(in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • "The number of care managers is in short(in 25 reviews)

• "not enough care staff on the floor for how involved the care is for the residents(in 17 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Nice place"

Current Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant CNA in West Seattle, WA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Aegis Living part-time for less than a year

Pros

flexible, kind and caring staff

Cons

issues with general management, can be micromanaging and rude

January 11, 2021Aegis Living

I appreciate you sharing your experience working at Aegis Living West Seattle. Although it sounds like it's positive overall I would like to hear about the issues you mention regarding management. Please reach out so we can speak. Thank you John Carpentier EVP Operations (425) 466-3747

"Good company, bad manager."

Former Employee - Life Enrichment

I worked at Aegis Living full-time

Pros

employee appreciation, and caring residents

Cons

low pay, and poor management.

December 21, 2020Aegis Living

While I am happy to see your star rating and comments about Aegis Living overall, I am sorry to hear of your poor experience with your manager. Hiring and retaining great employees is key to our Aegis Living culture. If there are any issues that need to be addressed I would like to learn more so we can make any corrections needed. Please take a moment to call me so we can discuss in more detail. Thank you John Carpentier EVP Operations (425) 466-3747

"Not good."

2.0
    Former Employee - Care Manager in Newcastle, WA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Aegis Living part-time for less than a year

Pros

I love the residents, the place was also very clean and new.

Cons

Management sucked, everyone with a higher position didn't care about you. They talked down on you and was very judgmental. Not enough workers. They keep bringing in residents and not enough workers... and then wonder why it takes so long to answer a call light. And blame the falls on employees when they won't help to find any solutions.

December 23, 2020Aegis Living

Though it is good to hear that you enjoyed your relationship with your residents, I would like to learn more about your comments on the management. Leadership is key to each community and we should discuss what specific issues occurred so that I can ensure any corrections needed are made. In addition, the care of our residents is our highest priority. At Aegis Living we staff according the current needs of the residents in the community to ensure we're providing the best care. Another priority at Aegis is hiring and retaining staff, and training of those staff members is an important part of providing a career path. Our CNA Academy is an example of the training we provide for employees we hire who want to elevate their professional skills. There is a lot more that I would like to know about your experience, learn how we can improve, and ensure that our employees are having a positive experience working at Aegis. Please take a moment to give me a call so we can speak directly. Thank you, Sonia Chahal- Singh VP Operations 707-332-0896

4. COVID-19

"Culture feels great"

5.0
    Current Employee - Resident Services Director in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time

Pros

Covid precautions are good Communities feel elegant and upscale Promotions are available Family relationships are important

Cons

Staff tend to burn out quickly

November 30, 2020Aegis Living

Thank you for your feedback on working at Aegis Living. We appreciate your insight into the culture, work conditions and Covid precautions. It's employees like you that make Aegis Living a great place to work and live. Thank you for all you do.

"cna job"

2.0
    Former Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant CNA in Lynnwood, WA

I worked at Aegis Living part-time

Pros

able to pick up extra shift

Cons

coworker were not supported; required a lot of physical work

November 30, 2020Aegis Living

I would like to learn more about your experience working at Aegis Living. It's important to us that each employee has a positive experience working here and if there are any issues that we need to address I'd like to better understand where we can make improvements. Please contact me directly so we can discuss in more detail. Thank you, Sonia Chahal-Singh VP Operations (707) 332-0896

"Wonderful work environment, but"

Current Employee - Life Enrichment Assistant in Shoreline, WA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Aegis Living part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great staff creating warm peer community

Cons

Carestaff should be paid more, especially when their job requirements go up. Families pay by points, reflecting level of care. But the company gets that added money even though the staff is doing the extra work.

November 5, 2020Aegis Living

I'm happy to hear you enjoy your co-workers and the overall work environment at Aegis Living. I am very proud of our genuinely passionate staff who are dedicated to caring for our residents. We are continually reviewing market wages to ensure we pay fairly and appropriately. While we review staffing regularly, I will analyze staffing to ensure that we are meeting our residents’ needs, which is our highest priority and why we staff according to those needs. Management looks at many facets, including the number of residents who need care, those residents’ needs, the complexity of care, and the number of tenured and experienced care staff. Our services have a cost, and our customers expect the best for what they pay. We also know that we must provide value to our residents and their families if we are to make them happy and want to continue living with us. I would like to discuss this with you so we can immediately correct any inconsistencies with our mission. Please call me so I we can meet and discuss. John Carpentier EVP Operations 425.466.3747

7. COVID-19

"Make Care Manager (CNA) Pay the highest priority (Madison Aegis)"

Current Employee - Care Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

$1 meals- free during covid-19 phases (funds go to employee programs and gift giveaways), Effective balance with amount of residents cared for- usually 6 residents per care manager Senior management are cheerful and greet us regularly and ask how we are doing In-house no cost cna training (with 1 year agreement to work for company), Free street parking- limited due to area development, Easy vacation time requests made through a online communication portal, Matching 401k package-ask for percentage, Separate paid sick and paid vaction time, Winterfest- ask about it, Life enrichment care staff are superheroes- they take residents on walks, provide activities throughout the entire day, go on field trips, provide live enrertainment

Cons

Compensation is meager for the amount of work care managers are required to do Senior management- sometimes don't address concerns right away, Limited career opportunities with no outreach‐ selective hiring Company does not pay for full uniform- shirts only (employees provide their own pants), Lax covid-19 measures to keep facility safe- cleaning does not happen regularly and the responsibility is placed on care staff who are already taking care of residents- our facility had 6+ cases following 6 months of the pandemic (care managers and staff routinely wear their masks incorrectly and have to be reminded on proper use and not going into crowded spaces outside of work)- Thankfully,we are covid free at this stage Janitorial duties are shifted to care staff (cleaning fecal matter and urine from floors and toilet seats (housekeeping is not trained to clean hazardous materials-bathrooms often go unkept) mopping, vacuuming, wiping down surfaces, washing dishes, laundry), Residents families provide their own hygiene supplies- they will run low or go without these items (electric shavers, shampoo/body wash, nail clippers) forcing care staff to borrow from other rooms Care Managers are placed in dangerous situations where they work with residents who act out with violence- for an assisted living/memory care facility this is more reflective of a nursing home, Diversity and inclusion- information and work related materials need to be translated for employee transparency

December 1, 2020Aegis Living

I appreciate you sharing your thorough feedback on working at Aegis Living. I am glad to see that you are aware of some of the benefits offered to Aegis Living employees and hope that you are able to take full advantage of them. There is a lot here to cover and I will address a few of the items to provide clarity. However, I would also like to speak with you so that I can learn more about your experience and ensure that any corrections that need to be made are addressed and adjusted quickly, as well as help clarify what may be miscommunication about priorities, protocols, and employee programs at Aegis Living. Our main focus during the pandemic is the care and safety of our residents and staff. For this reason we have increased health and safety protocols that we already had in place and have added new procedures, as well as mandatory requirements for how to use PPE in order to keep everyone protected. If these are not being followed that is an area we will correct immediately. I would also like to share with you, when we speak, the complete career path put into place for all employees to help them find the best opportunities to grow at Aegis Living. The recent and ongoing surveys of our employees helps us better understand how we can support each staff member and learn what is important to them. We value your honest feedback and I can assure you that all surveys are anonymous and managed by an outside partner. These are just a few of the areas of concern that you share and there is much more I would like to go into detail about when we speak. Please reach out to me directly. Thank you, John Carpentier EVP Operations (425) 466-3747

"Don’t work here"

1.0
    Current Employee - Caregiver in Ventura, CA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

There aren’t any pros for here.

Cons

Treats employees like crap. Says it’s an employee first company but yet doesn’t do anything to help them. So many people get hurt because of the unsafe work practices.

December 18, 2020Aegis Living

I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on working at Aegis Living. And I'm sorry to hear you are not having a good experience. Your comments are very concerning and I would like to learn more about the situation you mention to ensure we make any corrections needed. Please contact me directly so we can discuss this in more detail and we can find a way for you to have a more positive experience here. Thank you again for your time. Derrick Skinner VP Operations (425) 418-4064

"Okay job"

Current Employee - Medication Care Manager in Moraga, CA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

Opportunity for growth in company

Cons

Low wage for being overworked

November 3, 2020Aegis Living

Thank you for sharing your experience working at Aegis Living Moraga. We are honored that you chose Aegis Living for your career and are grateful for the care you provide to your residents. If you would like to speak in person about your work experience and share with me your thoughts on how improvements can be made I'd be happy to connect. Thank you, Tony Pisa SVP Operations (425) 435-0652

"Great environment to start in nursing/healthcare field."

Former Employee - Medication Technician/Caregiver in Fremont, CA

I worked at Aegis Living full-time for less than a year

Pros

Room for growth. Opportunities to provide direct patient care and sharpen skills.

Cons

Staffing issues. High employee turnover.

October 13, 2020Aegis Living

We appreciate you sharing your experience working at Aegis Living and are pleased to see that it was a positive one. In the interest of always improving I would like to spend a few minutes speaking with you so that I can learn more about your time with Aegis and the staffing and turnover issues you mention. Please contact me directly. Thank you Derrick Skinner VP Operations. (425) 418-4064

Viewing 1 - 10 of 657 English Reviews