Airbnb "great benefits" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Airbnb Employee Reviews about "great benefits"

Updated 21 Nov 2019

3.8
Airbnb CEO & Co-Founder Brian Chesky
Brian Chesky
Pros
  • "500 in Airbnb credits per quarter, free food (breakfast/lunch/dinner), and all the cool Silicon Valley perks(in 48 reviews)

• "great benefits and great working culture(in 44 reviews)

Cons
  • "Too many people being hired, which means that work life balance is great (i(in 65 reviews)

• "Some growing pains around organizational grown(in 35 reviews)

Reviews about "great benefits"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Trips Intern"

Former Intern - Intern

I worked at Airbnb

Pros

great benefits and great working culture

Cons

could be better pay, could have more structure for progression

Airbnb2019-08-08
  2. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Training Specialist

I have been working at Airbnb full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Benefits, Company Culture, Great people

Cons

Doubling up on initiatives without knowing other departments are already working on it

Airbnb2019-11-21
  3. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Front of House Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Airbnb full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits, great people, lots of growth and change

Cons

Unorganized at times- poor direct management

Airbnb2019-11-05

"Great starting position... Not great advancement opportunity"

Current Employee - Community Organizer in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Airbnb full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Perfect for those who like to travel and have a flexible schedule. Free food, great benefits, wonderful work culture. Plenty of chances to work cross functionally outside of the Public Policy department

Cons

Upward mobility is nearly impossible for this role. In 4 years, only 3 people have been promoted from this position into a more senior position.

Airbnb2019-08-03
  5. "Great Spirit"

Current Employee - Trust and Safety Specialist in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Airbnb full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing work environment, great benefits inside the office (breakfast, lunch...) Possibility to travel abroad for work

Cons

Organisation (Be more organized when dealing with global issues in order to get them resolved earlier)

Airbnb2019-07-26

"Working here over a year..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Airbnb full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Compensation: pays more than any other tech company (Google, FB, etc) PLUS new cash bonus PLUS can choose to take your equity refreshers (no cliff) in cash. They also bump everyone to above midpoint of the range, which is really kind and close any gaps for pay equity. - Business is doing really well: we're profitable, have money to invest in employees + new ventures, never worried about money. Not even having a round of funding for this far out is amazing. - Great benefits. Free airbnb credits (never expire), lots of PTO and time off, easy parking lot next to the building (they reimburse the price), free lyft credits, top notch food program, etc. - Management is honest about their pitfalls and is honest about fixing it. I appreciate this because they could sweep it under the rug. - We're heavily invested in our infrastructure as a 2019 focus. Even hired a CTO who has decades of infrastructure heavy lifting under his belt. Sweet! - People are really kind and helpful. Fairly rare. There are always going to be politics because people befriend eachother, but honestly you can set up a meeting with a director and they will help you resolve easily. As long as you speak out, people will listen.

Cons

Typical growing pains for our size, honestly. For a long time, Airbnb was flat and you could grow your career quickly since the company was small. Now they're trying to add ways to grow your career and make it defined and achievable since there's not low hanging fruit from a flat org, which is good. There's also increased attrition for people who have been here 5-7+ years, but honestly I think fresh people who are excited and new have been better for my team personally. Many managers are also junior, but we've started to hire senior managers - my manager's manager has been doing a great job shaping and changing, which I appreciate.

Airbnb2018-11-18

"Best place to work!"

Current Employee - Social Media in Portland, OR

I have been working at Airbnb full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free, fresh, healthy meals and snacks the entire day. Dogs everywhere. Work from home allowed, but the office is so amazing that all the employees enjoy being there rather than home office. Great benefits. Great environment. Great opportunities and growth.

Cons

Compared to all the other companies, nothing at all.

Airbnb2019-04-13
  8. "It is what you make it"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Airbnb full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great place to work Great people Amazing food program Great benefits

Cons

Lack of career progression Problems not dealt with, just move around or ignored Core values are amazing but kind of dead

Airbnb2019-02-19

"Great company, Customer Support role has changed over the years."

Former Employee - Premium Support Team Customer Experience Agent in Portland, OR

I worked at Airbnb full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-One of the best companies that I have ever worked for regarding their mission and desire to provide the best customer support while embracing ingenuity -You will work with some of the nicest people in the industry who are truly exceptional -Great benefits including free lunch and snacks, quarterly travel coupons -The CEO truly cares about what the company is doing and it's mission; he holds regular Q+As with employees and makes a visible effort to connect.

Cons

-Pay is not that great, I started out at $18/hour and after 3 years at the company, I was only making $20.65 after being promoted - Little room for growth in role and lack of transparency with how employees receive raises. My lead could not or would not provide me with a direct answer or explanation as to why I was making significantly less than other employees at same SL. - Metrics can be unreasonable at times due to the nature of the work. You are expected to close X cases a day and maintain a certain NPS, along with other metrics, although you are usually handling mishandled, escalated cases from external support teams that can take days to close. You never know what kind of call/ticket you will get, if it will be a case that takes days to resolve, or if it will be a simple account questions. You are also expected to answer questions with little resources for you and silo-ed departments, with the company motto being 'build the plane as it takes off'. -Along with having to be compliant with 'call controls' just trying to stay afloat making your 14 cases, you will get pinged throughout the day asking if you can take over other mis-escalated cases. Even if you are overwhelmed with casework and know you don't have the bandwith to take these on, you will quickly lose favor with upper management if you don't. -Casework can be very stressful, and while the company does it's best with trying to offset this with a fantastic food program and seminars, it emotionally drains you. CX work is more of a mediation role. -Within the 3 years that I was there, it increasingly became more like a call center, with more micromanaging of your time within the call controls, breaks, etc. Ultimately, this work environment along with poor compensation and lack of upward mobility left me no choice but to accept another offer at a different company, which was one of the hardest and most bittersweet decisions that I ever have made career wise.

Airbnb2019-01-10
  10. "Amazing place to work!"

Former Employee - Design

I worked at Airbnb full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits Nice people to work with Good salary People love to go to work there

Cons

not that I can think of

Airbnb2018-12-12

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 44 reviews